2017 Cadillac Escalade Overview
While the newly-introduced Cadillac CT6 sedan has been branded as the company’s new flagship model, the truth is the Cadillac Escalade has been the luxury automaker’s flagship vehicle for quite a few years. The 2017 Escalade comes with a big V8 engine, provides seating for seven, and contains enough tech equipment to make Silicon Valley jealous. The new Escalade is also offered with the buyer’s choice of rear-wheel or four-wheel drive. In addition, consumers can opt for the Escalade ESV model, which adds 20 inches to the length of the vehicle and 14 inches to the wheelbase. The 2017 Escalade competes with other full-size luxury SUVs such as the Audi Q7, Mercedes-Benz GLS-Class, and Land Rover Range Rover.
New Levels of Luxury: Discover the 10 best reasons to buy a Cadillac
[wptab name=”What’s New”]
What’s new for the 2017 Cadillac Escalade?
New tech equipment has been added to the Cadillac Escalade for the 2017 model year. GM’s new rear camera mirror system, teen-driver technology, and rear passenger reminder system are all offered with the ‘17 Escalade. The teen-driver tech allows the owner to set speed and stereo limits for secondary drivers such as teenagers or valets. In addition, the teen driver system can also report to the owner where the Escalade has traveled and how far the vehicle was driven. In contrast, the rear passenger reminder system uses audio and visual signals to remind the driver to check the back seat. This equipment is aimed at preventing adults from accidently forgetting and leaving their kids in the car.
2017 Cadillac Escalade Photos:
2017 Cadillac Escalade Exterior
The outside of the 2017 Cadillac Escalade features a bold and powerful design. Every 2017 Escalade comes standard with full LED lighting and 20-inch dual 7-spoke chrome plated wheels. However, if you’d like your Cadillac truck to stand out from the crowd even more, buyers can order the Radiant Package for their new Escalade. This optional package adds polished exhaust tips, larger 22-inch wheels, and an eye-catching front grille that’s finished in the driver’s choice of either Galvano or Silver mesh. The ‘17 Escalade also comes equipped with a hitch receiver and wiring harness, roof rails, and invisible rear wiper, which remains concealed when it’s not being used. Exterior color options for the new Escalade include Dark Granite Metallic, Radiant Silver Metallic, and Bronze Dune Metallic.
2017 Cadillac Escalade Photos:
Exterior available on the 2017 Cadillac Escalade
- 17-inch full-size steel spare wheel, 20-inch dual 7-spoke chrome plated wheels, Front active aero shutters, Full LED taillamps, Hands-Free Liftgate, LED high-beam/low-beam headlamps, Outside heated rearview mirrors, Front intermittent Rainsense wipers
Exterior available on the 2017 Cadillac Escalade Luxury
- Adds to or replaces features on base: 22-inch 7-spoke premium painted wheels with chrome inserts, IntelliBeam®, Power sunroof
Exterior available on the 2017 Cadillac Escalade Premium Luxury
- Adds to or replaces features on Luxury: Front cornering lamps, Illuminated door handles
Exterior available on the 2017 Cadillac Escalade Platinum
- Adds to or replaces features on Premium Luxury: 22-inch premium painted wheels with chrome inserts
2017 Cadillac Escalade Performance
The 2017 Cadillac Escalade is powered by a 6.2-liter V8 engine rated at 420 horsepower and 460 lb-ft of torque. That engine is paired with an eight-speed automatic transmission, which helps the Escalade accelerate from 0 to 60 mph in just over six seconds. Each buyer has the choice of either standard rear-wheel drive or the available four-wheel drive system. In addition, the 2017 Cadillac comes standard with GM’s latest Magnetic Ride Control dampers, which give this SUV improved ride quality whether you’re traveling over bumpy city streets or cruising along a smooth back road. Moreover, the ‘17 Escalade is able to tow up to 8,300 pounds.
2017 Cadillac Escalade Efficiency
The 2017 Cadillac Escalade yields respectable fuel economy despite featuring a curb weight that’s close to 6,000 pounds. The new Escalade is able to achieve this because its standard V8 engine features both direct injection and GM’s Active Fuel Management cylinder deactivation technology. The latter of which can shut down four of the engine’s eight cylinders during light driving conditions in order to preserve gasoline. EPA ratings for the 2017 Cadillac Escalade are as follows: The rear-wheel drive model is good for 15 mpg in the city and 22 on the highway, while the four-wheel drive variant yields 15 mpg in the city and 20 mpg on the highway.
2017 Cadillac Escalade Interior
The interior of the 2017 Cadillac Escalade is luxurious and quiet, which is made possible due to the extensive use of sound deadening materials, such as triple-sealed inset doors and acoustic front glass. The Escalade provides seating for up to seven people and all of them can enjoy generous standard features like heated and cooled seats, genuine leather upholstery, and three zone automatic climate control. Other standard features include a Bose Counterpoint 16-speaker sound system and Cadillac’s CUE infotainment system, which is compatible with both Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. The range-topping Platinum trim even provides dual DVD screens to keep passengers entertained during longer trips. Lastly, in terms of storage space, the 2017 Escalade can provide more than 120 cubic inches of available cargo area.
2017 Cadillac Escalade Interior Photos:
Interior available on the 2017 Cadillac Escalade
- Auto-dimming inside rearview mirror, Front passenger 12-way power seat adjuster, Front seats with leather seating surfaces, Heated and cooled driver and front passenger seats, Heated second row seats, Heated steering wheel, Power folding third row 60/40 split-bench seat, Power tilt and telescoping steering column, Tri-zone automatic climate control, 110-volt power outlet, Adaptive Remote Start, Automatic Park Assist, Bluetooth® for phone/audio with Natural Voice Recognition, Bose® Active Noise Cancellation, Bose® Centerpoint® Surround Sound 16-speaker audio system, Cadillac CUE®1 with Embedded Navigation, Keyless Open and Start, NavTraffic®, OnStar®1 4G LTE, OnStar®1 Basic Plan for 5 years, OnStar®1 Guidance Plan for 1 year, HD Radio, Single-slot CD/MP3 player, SiriusXM® Satellite Radio, Surround Vision, Teen Driver, Universal Home Remote, Wireless Charging
Interior available on the 2017 Cadillac Escalade Luxury
- Adds to or replaces features on base: Second row power bucket seats, 4-color Reconfigurable Head-Up Display, Content theft-deterrent system, Forward Collision Alert, Inclination sensor, Lane Change Alert, Lane Keep Assist with Lane Departure Warning, Rear Camera Mirror, Rear Cross-Traffic Alert, Safety Alert Seat, Side Blind Zone Alert, Vehicle interior movement sensor
Interior available on the 2017 Cadillac Escalade Premium Luxury
- Adds to or replaces features on Luxury: Automatic Safety Belt Tightening, Full-speed range Adaptive Cruise Control, Rear seat entertainment system with in-dash DVD player
Interior available on the 2017 Cadillac Escalade Platinum
- Adds to or replaces features on Premium Luxury: Cooled console with covered storage
2017 Cadillac Escalade Safety
Every 2017 Cadillac Escalade comes standard with stability and traction control, multiple airbags, and antilock brakes. Also standard for the 2017 model year are the Teen Driver system, Onstar technology, front and rear parking sensors, and a surround view camera system. If all of that advanced safety equipment still isn’t enough to satisfy your needs, then you might want to look at the higher level Escalade models, which offer features like blind-spot monitoring with rear cross-traffic alert, low-speed automatic braking, lane departure warning, and adaptive cruise control.
Standard Safety Features
- Air bag, driver inboard seat-mounted for far side passenger protection
- Air bags, dual-stage frontal, driver and right-front passenger with (AL0) Passenger Sensing System
- Head curtain side-impact air bags
- Automatic Park Assist
- Hill Start-Assist
- Rear seat reminder
- Surround Vision
- Teen Driver
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System
- OnStar Automatic Crash Response, Crisis Assist, Emergency Services, Hands-Free Calling, Remote Door Unlock, etc.
New a Faster Ride? Here’s everything you need to know about the 2017 Cadillac CTS-V