2017 GMC Acadia Overview
Despite selling more Acadia SUVs in 2015 than in any other year, GMC has decided to downsize the Acadia to midsize crossover dimensions, while offering a slew of other new options like a standard four-cylinder engine, new available safety systems, and a new All-Terrain model, which is geared towards those people with off-road intentions. The 2017 GMC Acadia will carry a starting MSRP of $29,995 and is expected to compete with the Hyundai Santa Fe, Toyota Highlander, and Honda Pilot.
[wptab name=”What’s New”]
What’s New for the 2017 GMC Acadia?
It might be simpler to list what isn’t new about the 2017 GMC Acadia. In total, the new Acadia will be seven inches shorter from front to rear, as well as being three inches slimmer and four inches closer to the ground. These resized dimensions mean the vehicle will weigh approximately 700 pounds less, and will offer seating for only seven people, rather than eight it could previously seat. In addition, the Acadia All Terrain features an advanced Active Twin Clutch AWD system, which provides enhanced grip in icy, snowy, and wet conditions. Lastly, while many other changes were made to the Acadia, one of the most notable is the addition of the 194-horsepower four-cylinder engine that produces better fuel economy than last year’s standard engine.
2017 GMC Acadia Photos:
2017 GMC Acadia Exterior
The GMC Acadia offers a more sculpted look for 2017 with daring horizontal lines, while different models come with their own distinctive grille design. The top-level Denali model features a chrome mesh grille, whereas the new Acadia All Terrain has an all black grille that’s complemented by chrome accents. Consumers can pick from various wheel sizes and the available LED daytime running lamps make it easier for other drivers to see the front of the vehicle. Exterior color options include Crimson Red Tintcoat, White Frost Tricoat, and Dark Sapphire Blue Metallic.
2017 GMC Acadia Photos:
Exterior available on the 2017 GMC Acadia SL
- 17-inch aluminum wheels, 17-inch all-season blackwall tires, Active Grille Shutters, Projector beam headlamps, Daytime Running Lamps, Deep-tinted glass windows, Power-adjustable heated mirrors, Front and rear intermittent windshield wipers, Manual liftgate
Exterior available on the 2017 GMC Acadia SLE-1
- LED Daytime Running Lamps, Spare tire, 18-inch spare steel wheel
Exterior available on the 2017 GMC Acadia SLE-2
- Power liftgate, Fog lamps, Silver roof rails, 18-inch all-season blackwall tires, 18-inch aluminum wheels
Exterior available on the 2017 GMC Acadia SLT-1
- Power-adjustable heated mirrors
Exterior available on the 2017 GMC Acadia SLT-2
- IntelliBeam headlamps, 20-inch all-season blackwall tires, 20-inch bright aluminum wheels
Exterior available on the 2017 GMC Acadia Denali
- HID headlamps, Bright roof rails, 18-inch spare steel wheel, 20-inch polished aluminum wheels, Trailering Package
2017 GMC Acadia Performance
The 2017 GMC Acadia comes standard with a 2.5-liter four-cylinder engine good for 194 horsepower and 190 lb-ft of torque. This is the first GMC engine to come with start-stop technology. For more power, consumers can opt instead for 3.6-liter V6 that pumps out 310 horsepower and 271 lb-ft of torque. Both of these engines feature variable valve timing, direct fuel injection, and work with a six-speed automatic transmission. Front-wheel drive is standard, but all-wheel is also available. Furthermore, when equipped with the V6, the new midsize Acadia can tow up to 4,000 pounds.
2017 GMC Acadia Efficiency
The front-wheel-drive GMC Acadia equipped with the new four-cylinder engine yields an EPA-estimated 21 mpg in the city and 26 mpg on the highway. In contrast, the highest-level Denali model with AWD and the V6 yields EPA-estimated fuel economy of 18 mpg in the city and 25 mpg on the highway. All models come standard with a 22-gallon fuel tank.
2017 GMC Acadia Interior
The 2017 GMC Acadia will carry a lower starting MSRP and provide better fuel economy than last year’s model, but with its downsizing comes the inevitable reduction in cargo room. While the 2016 model boasted 116 cubic feet of available cargo space, the new Acadia model will only offer 79 cubic feet–and that’s with both rear seats folded down. However, passengers will benefit from an updated entertainment system, which is now compatible with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. Also, each of the vehicle’s three rows will also feature its own USB port that allows wireless devices to be charged while riding in the vehicle. Other notable interior features include 4G LTE connectivity and a Surround View Camera system. In addition, the Acadia All Terrain comes with covered storage bins that replace its third row seats.
2017 GMC Acadia Interior Photos:
Interior available on the 2017 GMC Acadia SL
- Third row 50/50 split-folding seats, Reclining front bucket seats, 4-way manual-adjusted driver’s seat, 2-way manual-adjusted passenger’s seat, 10 total cup holders, Front floor mats, Leather-wrapped steering wheel with audio controls, Tilt-and-telescoping steering column, Remote Keyless Entry, Automatic tri-zone climate control, Power windows, Compass display, Humidity and windshield temperature sensors, Rear window defogger, 7-inch color touchscreen with IntelliLink, Bluetooth streaming audio, Android Auto and Apple CarPlay capability, Hands-free phone calls, 6-speaker audio system, Enhanced Driver Information Center, OnStar 4G LTE with Wi-Fi hotspot
Interior available on the 2017 GMC Acadia SLE-1
- Carpeted front and second row floor mats, SiriusXM Satellite Radio
Interior available on the 2017 GMC Acadia SLE-2
- Heated front seats, 8-way power-adjustable driver’s seat, Remote vehicle start
Interior available on the 2017 GMC Acadia SLT-1
- Power outlet, Auto-dimming rearview mirror, 8-way power-adjustable front passenger seat with lumbar support, 8-way power-adjustable front passenger seat with lumbar support, Universal Home Remote, 8-inch color touchscreen with IntelliLink, Bose premium 8-speaker system
Interior available on the 2017 GMC Acadia SLT-2
- Heated rear seats, Memory Package for driver’s seat and outside rearview mirrors, Driver Alert Package
Interior available on the 2017 GMC Acadia Denali
- Heated steering wheel, Heated and ventilated driver and front passenger seats, Power tilt-and-telescoping steering column, Carpeted third row floor mats, Configurable multi-color enhanced Driver Information Center, 8” color touchscreen with Navigation and IntelliLink
2017 GMC Acadia
The 2017 GMC Acadia comes standard with a rear vision camera that can help drivers determine what is happening behind them while reversing. The 2017 Acadia also offers many other driver alert and safety technologies that can aid the driver. For example, the available side blind zone alert technology can alert the driver of any unseen vehicles in their blind spot by flashing a visual sign on the outside mirror. In addition, the available rear cross traffic alert system uses sensors to monitor incoming traffic coming from the rear, which is particularly useful when exiting crowded parking lots.
Standard Safety Features
- Driver and front passenger frontal and side-impact airbags
- Driver inboard seat-mounted front center airbag
- Head curtain side-impact airbags for all rows
- Driver knee airbag
- 6-month OnStar Guidance Plan
- 5-year OnStar Basic Plan
- Rear Vision Camera
- Rear child security locks