2017 Hyundai Santa Fe Overview
The Santa Fe sport utility vehicle has been a bestseller for Hyundai since its debut over a decade ago, and it continues that trend of functionality and style in its latest model year. Check out what the 2017 Hyundai Santa Fe has to offer families looking for an adventurous vehicle.
[wptab name=”What’s New”]
What’s New for the 2017 Hyundai Santa Fe?
The 2017 Hyundai Santa Fe gets a new grille and a whole new range of active safety features. This year, it’s available with front-wheel drive or all-wheel drive in four trim levels: SE, Limited, SE Ultimate, and Limited Ultimate.
2017 Hyundai Santa Fe Exterior
The 2017 Hyundai Santa Fe’s visual redesign is just what the crossover needed to attract new customers. The Santa Fe fully adopts the automaker’s “Fluidic Sculpture” design philosophy to make the most of its every curve, line, and edge. At the front, the grille is more pronounced and rectangular, giving it a sporty appearance, and the new LED running lamps are eye-catching to say the least. The future of Hyundai SUVs and crossovers is looking good if they all look like this one.
- Exterior available on SE: Premium rear fascia, Roof rack side rails, Bodycolor dual power manual-folding side mirrors, Heated side mirrors, Bodycolor rear spoiler with LED Center High-Mount Stop Light, Rear window wiper/washer, Chrome door handles, Chrome-tipped dual exhaust, Front solar glass and rear privacy glass, Projector headlights with LED accents, Automatic headlight control, LED Daytime Running Lights (DRL)
- Exterior available on Limited: Side mirror turn-signal indicators, LED tail lights, LED fog lights, Proximity Key entry with push button start, Hands-free Liftgate with auto open
- Exterior available on SE Ultimate: Side mirror turn-signal indicators, LED fog lights, Proximity Key entry with push button start, Hands-free Liftgate with auto open, Optional HID headlights with Dynamic Bending Light
- Exterior available on Limited Ultimate: Premium exterior door trim with silver-painted accents
2017 Hyundai Santa Fe Performance
Under the hood, the 2017 Hyundai Santa Fe packs a 3.3-liter V6 paired with a six-speed automatic transmission. Thanks to Gasoline Direct Injection (GDI), it produces 290 horsepower and 252 lb-ft of torque, enough to comfortably tow up to 5,000 pounds, and certainly enough to carry a cabin full of passengers and cargo hold full of luggage. The throttle response and shifting are possibly the best part, though—responsive, clean, and smooth as butter.
2017 Hyundai Santa Fe Efficiency
The 2017 Hyundai Santa Fe uses Dual Continuously Variable Valve Timing (D-CVVT) to make the most out of every drop of fuel. The EPA has rated it at 18 mpg city, 25 mpg highway, and 21 mpg combined with front-wheel-drive (FWD); and 18 mpg city, 24 mpg highway, and 20 mpg combined with all-wheel-drive (AWD).
2017 Hyundai Santa Fe Interior
The first thing people notice when stepping inside the 2017 Hyundai Santa Fe is the generous amount of room. There’s plenty of space to stretch in the first two rows and the driver’s view is downright panoramic. The whole interior is inviting and comfortable, thanks to high-quality materials, multi-adjustable heated seats, and numerous standard and available convenience amenities. That being said, adults in the third row will probably feel uncomfortable after long rides, and the trunk could use a bit more volume.
2017 Hyundai Santa Fe Interior Photos:
- Interior available on SE: Dual front auto temperature control with CleanAir Ionizer, Rear seat ventilation, YES Essentials stain-resistant cloth, Seven-passenger seating, Eight-way power driver seat with four-way power lumbar support, Seatback pockets, 40/20/40 split-folding second-row bench seat, Split-folding third-row bench seat, Sliding second-row seats with cargo area releases, 12-volt power outlet (four total), Center armrest with storage compartment, Cargo-area underfloor storage, Power door locks, Power windows with driver and passenger auto-down/up, Tilt-and-telescoping steering wheel, Steering-wheel-mounted audio, cruise and Bluetooth controls, Sun visors with illuminated vanity mirrors and extensions, Illuminated ignition, Smartphone/USB/AUX input jacks, Hyundai Blue Link Connected Car System, Bluetooth hands-free phone system, AM/FM/CD/HD Radio/SiriusXM/MP3 audio with six speakers, HD Radio technology with multicasting, SiriusXM activation and subscription (three-month trial), Android Auto, Seven-inch display audio system
- Interior available on Limited: Leather seating surfaces, Six-passenger seating with second-row captain’s chairs, Four-way power front passenger seat with power height-adjustment, Heated front seats, Third-row USB outlet, Premium door sill plates, Leather-wrapped steering and shift knob, Manual rear side window sunshades, Auto-dimming rearview mirror with HomeLink and compass, Electroluminescent Gauge Cluster with color LCD multi-information display, Blind Spot Detection (BSD), Rear Cross-traffic Alert (RCTA), Lane Change Assist
- Interior available on SE Ultimate: Panoramic sunroof, Leather seating surfaces, Seven-passenger seating, Four-way power front passenger seat with power height-adjustment, Integrated Memory System (IMS) for mirrors and driver’s seat, Heated front seats, Heated second-row seats, Ventilated front seats, 115-volt power outlet (cargo area), Heated steering, Third-row USB outlet, Premium door sill plates, Leather-wrapped steering and shift knob, Manual rear side window sunshades, Auto-dimming rearview mirror with HomeLink and compass, Electroluminescent Gauge Cluster with color LCD multi-information display, Infinity Premium Audio with Quantum Logic Surround and Clari-Fi Music Restoration Technology, Eight-inch touchscreen navigation, Blind Spot Detection (BSD), Rear Cross-traffic Alert (RCTA), Lane Change Assist, Rear parking sensors, Multi-view Camera System
- Interior available on Limited Ultimate: Panoramic sunroof, , Integrated Memory System (IMS) for mirrors and driver’s seat, Heated second-row seats, Ventilated front seats, 115-volt power outlet (cargo area), Heated steering wheel, Infinity Premium Audio with Quantum Logic Surround and Clari-Fi Music Restoration Technology, Eight-inch touchscreen navigation, Rear parking sensors, Multi-view Camera System
2017 Hyundai Santa Fe Safety
The 2017 Hyundai Santa Fe comes standard with all the basics you’ve come to expect from the Korean automaker. A rearview camera and Hyundai’s Blue Link emergency telematics system are also standard. New for 2017 is adaptive cruise control with a stop-start mode as well as active safety features like automatic high beam assist, lane departure warning, and auto emergency braking with pedestrian detection.
Standard Safety Features
- Rearview Camera
- Vehicle Stability Management
- Electronic Stability Control
- Traction Control System
- Anti-lock Braking System with Electronic Brake-force Distribution and Brake Assist
- Downhill Brake Control
- Hillstart Assist Control
- Advanced airbag system
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System (independent tire monitor)
- Energy-absorbing steering column
- Front seatbelt pretensioners and force limiters
- Second-row LATCH (anchors for child safety seats)
- Power window lock-out
- Front and rear crumple zones
- Remote keyless entry with alarm
The News Wheel is a digital auto magazine providing readers with a fresh perspective on the latest car news. We’re located in the heart of America (Dayton, Ohio) and our goal is to deliver an entertaining and informative perspective on what’s trending in the automotive world. See more articles from The News Wheel.