2017 Kia Niro Overview
The 2017 Kia Niro is a completely new hybrid crossover from the South Korean automaker. Since its introduction at the 2013 Frankfurt Auto Show, the Niro has truly been making a name for itself. The hybrid market is becoming more and more competitive, and Kia did not disappoint with this award-winning new model.
The 2017 Kia Niro is available in five trims: FE, LX, EX, Touring Launch Edition, and Touring.
What’s New for the 2017 Kia Niro?
Everything is new on the 2017 Kia Niro, from the LED positioning lights to smart interior technology and a bevy of standard safety features. While it does look a little different than its first inception in 2013, the Niro has become a household name thanks to some new ads starring Melissa McCarthy and additional exciting concepts.
2017 Kia Niro Photos:
2017 Kia Niro Exterior
The attractive styling and smooth lines make the Kia Niro a head-turner; the classic Kia grille meets oncoming traffic with projector beam headlights and a sound-absorbing front windshield. On the upper trims, features like roof rails, heated outside mirrors, fog lights, and rear combination LED lamps are available.
2017 Kia Niro Exterior Photos:
Exterior available on FE:
- LED positioning lights, Projector beam headlights, Privacy glass, Sound-absorbing front windshield
Exterior available on LX:
- Adds to or replaces features on FE: Roof rails, Rear combination lamps, LED
Exterior available on EX, Touring Launch Edition, and Touring:
- Adds to or replaces features on LX: Mirror-mounted LED turn-signal indicators, Heated outside mirrors, Power-folding outside mirrors, Door handled pocket lights, Smart Welcome, LED daytime running lights, Fog lights
2017 Kia Niro Performance
Every trim of the 2017 Kia Niro features a 1.6-liter inline 4 full parallel hybrid system with a dual clutch six-speed automatic transmission, pumping out 139 horsepower and 195 lb-ft of torque.
2017 Kia Niro Efficiency
The 2017 Kia Niro is an outstandingly efficient hybrid vehicle. Because of different exterior and interior features, the five trims have differing EPA estimates. The lowest FE trim gets 52/49/50 mpg city/highway/combined, while the LX and EX trims both get 51/46/49 mpg city/highway/combined. The upper two Touring Launch Edition and Touring trims have the same estimated efficiency at 46/40/43 mpg city/highway/combined.
2017 Kia Niro Interior
The interior of the 2017 Kia Niro is just as impressive as its performance and fuel efficiency. Inside you’ll find classic features like dual-zone climate control, steering-wheel mounted controls, and UVO eServices with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatibility. The upper trims include a push-button start, heated front seats, and a 10-way driver’s seat adjustment with 2-way lumbar support. Comfort and convenience are priorities inside the Kia Niro.
2017 Kia Niro Interior Photos:
Interior available on FE:
- Tilt and telescopic steering column, Dual-zone automatic temperature control w/ driver only mode
Interior available on LX:
- Adds to or replaces features on FE: Luggage board w/ under floor storage tray, Folding rear center armrest with cup holders
Interior available on EX:
- Adds to or replaces features on LX: Heated front seats, Rear vents, Cargo cover
Interior available on Touring Launch Edition:
- Adds to or replaces features on EX: 10-way driver’s seat adjustment with 2-way lumbar support
Interior available on Touring:
- Adds to or replaces features on Touring Launch Edition: Front driver and passenger’s seat back pockets, Dual LED map lights, Stainless-steel door scuff plate trim, Leather seat trim, Ventilated front seats, Heated steering wheel
2017 Kia Niro Safety
The Kia Niro is engineered with an Iso-Structure™ frame that is composed of over 50% advanced high-strength steel, protecting you and your passengers during an accident. Additional safety features like a Traction Control System and Electronic Brake-Force Distribution allow you to let your worries fade while you’re behind the wheel of the Niro.
Standard Safety Features:
- Dual front advanced airbags
- Hill start assist control (HAC)
- Electronic brake-force distribution (EBD)
- 4-wheel disc brakes w/ anti-lock braking system (ABS)
- High line tire-pressure monitoring system (TPMS)
- Traction control system (TCS)