2017 Kia Soul Overview
Sporty, sleek, and sophisticated – this is what the 2017 Kia Soul is all about. The updated subcompact SUV continues to impress, winning awards left and right, and for good reason. With some small changes to this model year, it’s sure to be a top seller for Kia. The 2017 Kia Soul has a starting MSRP of $16,100 and competes with vehicles like the Honda HR-V and the Buick Encore.
The 2017 Kia Soul is available in three trims: Base, Plus (+), and Exclaim (!).
[wptab name= “What’s New “]
What’s New for the 2017 Kia Soul?
While the changes on the 2017 Kia Soul have been subtle, they make the vehicle even more appealing than it already was. New this year is the UVO3 infotainment system, allowing Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatibility, as well as an available 315-watt Harman Kardon® audio system for maximum musical enjoyment. The exterior has seen some reshaping on the front bumper and headlights, adding to the Soul’s sporty looks. Finally, the Soul now comes with a turbocharged option in the highest Exclaim trim, pumping up the overall horsepower.
2017 Kia Soul Photos:
[wptab name= “Exterior”]
2017 Kia Soul Exterior
New headlights and a redesigned bumper are the two main changes on the exterior of the 2017 Kia Soul. Additional standard exterior features include matte black bumper inserts, dual body-color power mirrors, and solar glass. Upgrade to the higher trims and a panoramic sunroof is an option. Other notable add-ons include power folding outside mirrors, LED fog lights, and 18-inch 10-spoke alloy wheels.
2017 Kia Soul Exterior Photos:
Exterior available on Base:
- Matte black front and rear bumper inserts, Matte black front upper grille, Dual body-color power mirrors, Multi-reflector headlights, Privacy glass, Solar glass, Variable intermittent windshield wipers, Rear wiper/washer, Heated rear glass with timer, Locking fuel-filler door, 16-inch alloy wheels, 205/60R16 tires
Exterior available on Plus:
- Adds or replaces features on Base: Body color front and rear bumper inserts, Available designer collection exterior colors, Chrome and gloss black front upper grille, Heated outside mirrors, Available projector beam headlights, Front fog lights, Available tube type LED positioning lights, 17-inch alloy wheels, 215/55R17 tires
Exterior available on Exclaim:
- Adds or replaces features on Plus: Gloss black with red accent front and rear bumper inserts, Lower body molding with red accents, Chrome twin exhaust tips, Mirror-mounted LED turn-signal indicators, Available power folding outside mirrors, Available panoramic sunroof with power sunshade, Available high-intensity discharge projector beam headlights with auto leveling, Available LED front fog lights, Available jewel type LED positioning lights, Available LED rear combination lamps and center high mounted stop light, 10-spoke 18-inch alloy wheels, 235/45R18 tires
[wptab name= “Performance”]
2017 Kia Soul Performance
Each trim of the 2017 Soul has a different engine, giving drivers the option of just how much power they can handle. The Base trim features a 1.6-liter engine paired with a six-speed manual transmission pumping out 130 horsepower and 118 lb-ft of torque. On the Plus trim, you’ll get a 2.0-liter engine with an electronically controlled six-speed automatic transmission that boasts 161 horsepower and 150 lb-ft of torque. With the highest Exclaim trim, you get the turbocharged 1.6-liter engine mated with a Sportmatic® seven-speed dual-clutch transmission that pumps out a whopping 201 horsepower and 195 lb-ft of torque.
[wptab name= “Efficiency”]
2017 Kia Soul Efficiency
As expected, fuel efficiency depends on which trim you choose, but it doesn’t vary much between each option. The Base trim yields an EPA-estimated 24 mpg city, 30 mpg highway, and 27 mpg combined. The Plus trim gets 25 mpg city, 30 mpg highway, and 27 mpg highway. On the highest Exclaim trim, drivers will get 26 mpg city, 31 mpg highway, and 28 mpg combined.
[wptab name= “Interior”]
2017 Kia Soul Interior
Along with the updated infotainment system inside the new 201 Kia Soul, drivers will have the option to add an 8-way power adjustable passenger seat, two USB center console chargers, and automatic climate controls. Standard interior features include woven and tricot cloth seat trim, a soft-touch dash, and 60/40 split-folding rear seats.
2017 Kia Soul Interior Photos:
Interior available on Base:
- Day/night interior rear-view mirror, Dual illuminated visor vanity mirrors, Overhead sunglasses holder, Cargo undertray, Woven and tricot cloth seat trim, 6-way adjustable driver’s seat, Height-adjustable front seat-belt anchors, 60/40 split-folding rear seat, Rear seat adjustable headrests, Soft-touch dash and upper door panels
Interior available on Plus:
- Adds or replaces features on Base: Automatic temperature control with cluster ionizer, Front-seat center console with armrest, Rear-seat folding armrest with cup holder, Cargo cover, Woven cloth seat trim, Available leather seat trim, Available ventilated front seats
Interior available on Exclaim:
- Adds or replaces features on Plus: Available LED interior lighting, Black cloth/leather seat trim with orange contrast stitching, Available 10-way power driver’s seat (including lumbar support), Available 8-way power-adjustable front passenger seat, Available heated front and rear seats, Leather-wrapped steering wheel and gearshift knob, Available heated steering wheel, D-shaped sport leather steering wheel, Leatherette meter hood, door center trim inserts, and door armrest, Piano black accents, Satin chrome interior door handles
[wptab name= “Safety”]
2017 Kia Soul Safety
The 2017 Kia Soul comes equipped with a large selection of standard safety features, including Vehicle Stability Management and Hill Start Assist. Optional add-on systems include Lane Departure Warning, Forward Collision, Blind Spot Detection, and Rear Cross-Traffic Alert.
Standard Safety Features:
- 4-Wheel Disc Brakes with Antilock Braking System (ABS)
- Electronic Stability Control (ESC)
- Vehicle Stability Management (VSM)
- Electronic Brake-Force Distribution (EBD)
- Hill Start Assist Control (HAC)
- Tire-Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
- Side-Impact Door Beams
- Lower Anchors and Tethers for Children (LATCH)
- Rear Child-Safety Door Locks