2018 Buick Envision Overview
As a luxury vehicle in the compact SUV segment, the recently-debuted Buick Envision is a solid contender. With driver-assist technologies, a stellar Infotainment system, and safety features like Teen Driver and OnStar®, the Envision is a well-rounded vehicle.
Celebrity Rides: Which stars drive your favorite Chevys?
[wptab name=”What’s New”]
What’s New for the 2018 Buick Envision?
For the most part, the Buick Envision remains the same for the 2018 model year; it’s a fairly new model, so there haven’t been many changes so far. However, there is one significant addition: the base Envision trim. Last year, the base trim was the Preferred trim.
2018 Buick Envision Photos:
2018 Buick Envision Exterior
Designed as a compact exterior, the Buick Envision focuses on maneuverability as well as style, without taking away from its interior space. The standard Rear Vision Camera and available Surround Vision assist with visibility around the vehicle’s exterior, and its standard LED Daytime Running Lamps and halogen composite headlights make it easier for drivers to see in all weather and time conditions.
2018 Buick Envision Exterior Photos:
Exterior features available on the 2018 Buick Envision
- Front fog lamps, 18-inch 10-spoke painted aluminum wheels, 17-inch steel spare wheel, Hands-free power liftgate, LED Daytime Running Lamps, Halogen composite headlamps, Automatic on and off headlamp control, Automatic delay headlamps
Exterior features available on the 2018 Buick Envision Preferred
- Available wheel locks, Active Package including Trailering Package, Available body-color molded assist steps
Exterior features available on the 2018 Buick Envision Essence
- Available roof rack cross trails, Available Hit The Road Package, 18-inch 10-spoke polished aluminum wheels, Available custom-molded body-color splash guards, Chrome roof rails, Available power panoramic moonroof, Available Road Trip Package
Exterior features available on the 2018 Buick Envision Premium
- Rainsense™ automatic wipers, 19-inch 10-spoke aluminum wheel Manoogian Silver finish wheels, P235/50R19 all-season blackwall tires, Available Ultra-bright machine-faced wheels with Midnight Silver painted pockets
Exterior features available on the 2018 Buick Envision Premium II
- Available Driver Confidence Package, Articulating headlamps, IntelliBeam headlamps
2018 Buick Envision Performance
The 2018 Buick Envision is equipped with a standard 2.5-liter DOHC four-cylinder engine with Variable Valve Timing (VVT), paired to a six-speed automatic transmission with Driver Shift Control. Together, they produce 197 horsepower and 192 lb-ft of torque. This powertrain is standard across all trim levels.
2018 Buick Envision Efficiency
The Buick Envision earns a standard fuel efficiency rating across all of its trim levels. When you take the 2018 model on the streets, it earns an estimated 22 mpg in the city and 29 mpg on the highway.
2018 Buick Envision Interior
The 2018 Buick Envision comes with a host of standard interior technologies, including an OnStar® 4G LTE system and a built-in WiFi® hotspot, a six-speaker Buick Infotainment System with an 8-inch diagonal Color Touch Screen, and keyless open and start. Consumers can also upgrade to a seven-speaker Bose® premium audio system, standard on the Premium trim, if desired.
2018 Buick Envision Interior Photos:
Interior features available on the 2018 Buick Envision
- Interior: Eight-way power passenger seat with power lumbar adjuster, Rear console air vents, Eight-way power-adjustable driver and front passenger seats with power lumbar, QuietTuning™, Rear child security door locks, Three-spoke leather-wrapped steering wheel, Dual-zone automatic climate control, Available cloth with leatherette seat trim, Four-way adjustable front head restraints, Rear one-touch flat-folding seat, Inside rearview auto-dimming mirror, Rear-window electric defogger, Power front windows with express-up and down, Active noise cancellation technology, Rear outboard adjustable head restraints, Heated driver and front passenger seats, Four cup holders, Overhead sunglass storage, Carpeted front and rear floor mats, Available cargo net, Rear 60/40 split-folding bench seat, Power rear windows with express-down, Interior ambient lighting, Retained accessory power, Power-programmable door locks, Cruise control, Power windows, Leather-wrapped shift knob
- Radio and Technology: Six-speaker audio system, Universal Home Remote, Three 12-volt power outlets, Rear Park Assist, Keyless open and start, Charging-only USB ports, OnStar® Basic Plan for five years, Remote panic alarm, OnStar® 4G LTE and built-in WiFi® hotspot, Remote start, OnStar Guidance Plan Limited Trial Service, Passenger Sensing System, SiriusXM® Satellite Radio, Start-stop engine control system, 110-volt power outlet, 4.2-inch diagonal multi-color Driver Information Center, Rear Vision Camera, Buick Infotainment System with 8-inch diagonal Color Touch Screen
Interior features available on the 2018 Buick Envision Preferred
- Interior: Available premium carpeted floor mats, Available retractable cargo shade, Available premium all-weather floor mats, Available all-weather floor liners, Available illuminated door sill plates, Available Buick Interior Protection Package, Available Cargo Package, Available Interior Luxury Package, Available all-weather cargo mat, Available integrated cargo liner, Available rear protective seat cover
- Radio and Technology: Available Universal Tablet Holders
Interior features available on the 2018 Buick Envision Essence
- Interior: Perforated leather-appointed seat trim, Available Road Trip Package, Heated steering wheel, Heated rear outboard seats, Tri-zone automatic climate control
- Radio and Technology: Memory settings, Rear Cross Traffic Alert, Lane Change Alert
Interior features available on the 2018 Buick Envision Premium
- Interior: Safety Alert Seat
- Radio and Technology: Front and Rear Park Assist, Bose® premium seven-speaker audio system, Lane Keep Assist with Lane Departure Warning, Forward Collision Alert, Following Distance Indicator, Driver Information Center
Interior features available on the 2018 Buick Envision Premium II
- Interior: Heated and cooled driver and front passenger seats, Available manual thigh support for driver, Available Driver Confidence Package
- Radio and Technology: Available Surround Vision, Head-Up Display, Automatic Parkin Assist, Buick Infotainment System with Navigation and 8-inch diagonal Color Touch Screen
2018 Buick Envision Safety
As a family vehicle, the Buick Envision puts safety first. In addition to its standard air bag and LATCH systems, the Envision comes with Teen Driver mode. This setting allows parents to monitor their new teen driver’s progress. Volume restrictions, speed limitations, and more can be regulated by parents’ via their individual key fobs.
Standard Safety Features on the 2018 Buick Envision
- Rear Vision Camera
- LATCH system (Lower Anchors and Top tethers for CHildren)
- OnStar® Basic Plan for five years
- StabiliTrak® electronic stability control
- OnStar® 4G LTE and built-in WiFi® hotspot
- Passenger Sensing System
- Dual-note horn
- Rear child security door locks
- Air bag system
- Three-point driver and front passenger safety belts
- LED Daytime Running Lamps
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System
- Teen Driver
- Rear Park Assist
Model Overview: 2017 Buick Enclave
The News Wheel is a digital auto magazine providing readers with a fresh perspective on the latest car news. We’re located in the heart of America (Dayton, Ohio) and our goal is to deliver an entertaining and informative perspective on what’s trending in the automotive world. See more articles from The News Wheel.