2018 Chevrolet Sonic Overview
The Chevrolet Sonic is a small compact car that packs a punch. With a peppy 138 horsepower and a whole host of safety features, the Sonic is efficiency and well-prepared to tackle the open road.
The 2018 Chevrolet Sonic is available in three trims: LS, LT, and Premier.
Technology Spotlight: 2018 Chevrolet Equinox
[wptab name=”What’s New”]
What’s New for the 2018 Chevrolet Sonic?
While the majority of the its features carried over from the 2017 model year, the 2018 Sonic comes with a few adjustments to several of its packages. The RS Package now comes with black bowtie emblems for a classic Chevy look, and the Fun and Sun Package added 17-inch aluminum wheels and a sunroof. The 2018 model also comes with a new exterior color: Ivy Metallic.
2018 Chevrolet Sonic Photos:
2018 Chevrolet Sonic Exterior
There are two body configurations available on the 2018 Chevrolet Sonic: sedan and hatchback. The base trim, the LS, is only available as a sedan, while the LT and Premier trims are available in both body configurations. The Sonic also comes with solar-absorbing class to help improve comfort inside the cabin and automatic on/off headlamp control to increase visibility.
The 2018 Chevrolet Sonic is available in 10 exterior colors: Orange Burst Metallic, Cajun Red Tintcoat, Artic Blue Metallic, Kinetic Blue Metallic, Silver Ice Metallic, Summit White, Mosaic Black Metallic, Ivy Metallic, Nightfall Gray Metallic, and Red Hot.
2018 Chevrolet Sonic Exterior Photos:
Exterior features available on the 2018 Chevrolet Sonic LS
- Solar-absorbing tinted glass, Compact spare tire, Manually-adjustable body-color side mirrors, 15-inch steel wheels, Automatic on/off headlamp control, P195/65R all-season blackwall tires
Exterior features available on the 2018 Chevrolet Sonic LT
-Adds to or replaces features on LS-
- Heated power-adjustable body-color side mirrors, 15-inch aluminum wheels, Chrome belt-line moldings
Exterior features available on the 2018 Chevrolet Sonic Premier
-Adds to or replaces features on LT-
- Rear integrated decklid spoiler, Front fog lamps, RS Package, 17-inch painted Black aluminum wheels, P205/50R17 all-season blackwall tires
2018 Chevrolet Sonic Performance
There are two options for performance on the 2018 Sonic. The base trim comes with a 1.8-liter four-cylinder engine and can be paired with a five-speed manual or six-speed automatic transmission. The standard powertrain produces 138 horsepower and 125 lb-ft of torque. Upper trim levels, beginning on the LT, come with a 1.4-liter turbocharged four-cylinder transmission. This can be paired to a six-speed manual or automatic transmission and produces 138 horsepower and 148 lb-ft of torque.
2018 Chevrolet Sonic Efficiency
Efficiency is improved on upper trim levels of the 2018 Sonic. The base trim, with a 1.8-liter engine, earns an estimated 25/33/28 mpg city/highway/combined. The 1.4-liter turbocharged engine, standard on the LT and Premier, earns an estimated 28/38/32 mpg city/highway/combined.
2018 Chevrolet Sonic Interior
The cabin of the Chevrolet Sonic offers a wide variety of technology features. The base trim comes with a four-speaker audio system and the LT upgrades to six speakers. If you’re looking for comfort features, the Sonic comes standard with front bucket seats while the Premier offers heated driver and front passenger seats and deluxe cloth seat trim.
2018 Chevrolet Sonic Interior Photos:
Interior features available on the 2018 Chevrolet Sonic
- Interior: Compass, Inside remote trunk release, Tilt and telescopic steering column, Rear 60/40-split folding seat bench with outboard height-adjustable headrests, Outside temperature sensor with display, Front bucket seats, Three-spoke sport steering wheel, Four-way manual driver seat adjuster, Trunk/cargo area lighting, Power door locks, Overhead courtesy rear and dual front reading lamps, Auxiliary power outlet, Front passenger two-way manual seat adjuster, Remote Keyless Entry, Steering wheel audio and phone interface controls, Front passenger seatback map pocket, Single-zone manual air conditioning
- Radio and Technology: Four-speaker audio system, Driver Information Center with compass, Chevrolet MyLink audio system with 7-inch color touchscreen, Oil life monitoring system, Two USB ports, OnStar with 4G LTE and built-in Wi-Fi hotspot, Auxiliary audio input jack, AM/FM stereo with seek scan and digital clock, Tire Pressure Monitor System
Interior features available on the 2018 Chevrolet Sonic LT
-Adds to or replaces features on LS-
- Interior: Power windows, Deluxe cloth seat trim, Electronic cruise control with set and resume speed
- Radio and Technology: Six-speaker audio system
Interior features available on the 2018 Chevrolet Sonic Premier
-Adds to replace features on LT-
- Interior: Carpeted front and rear deluxe floor mats, Heated driver and front passenger seats, Three-spoke leather-wrapped steering wheel, Driver six-way power seat adjuster
- Radio and Technology: Enhanced Driver Information Center
2018 Chevrolet Sonic Safety
The Chevrolet Sonic is equipped with driver-assist features across all trim levels, including Brake Assist, Hill Start Assist, and a rear-vision camera. The Sonic also works to help protect you in the event of an accident with safety features like three-point safety belts, a LATCH system, and airbags throughout the cabin.
Standard Safety Features on the 2018 Chevrolet Sonic
- OnStar Guide Plan for three months
- Four-wheel anti-lock brakes
- Electronic brake force distribution
- Brake Assist
- Hill Start Assist
- StabiliTrak stability control system
- LATCH (Lower Anchors and Tethers for Children) for child safety seats
- Dual-stage front airbags for driver and front passenger, including Passenger Sensing System
- Three-point safety belts in all rear seating positions; height-adjustable for driver and front passenger
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System
- OnStar Basic Plan for five years
- LED Daytime Running Lamps
- Roof-rail head curtain airbags for side-front and rear outboard seating positions with rollover protection
- Trunk emergency release handle
- Rear child security door locks
- Knee airbags for driver and front passenger
- Seat-mounted thorax side-impact airbags for side-front and rear outboard seating positions
- Traction control
- Rear Vision Camera
Buying Your Next Car: Why you should consider a used vehicle
The News Wheel is a digital auto magazine providing readers with a fresh perspective on the latest car news. We’re located in the heart of America (Dayton, Ohio) and our goal is to deliver an entertaining and informative perspective on what’s trending in the automotive world. See more articles from The News Wheel.