2018 Ford Focus Overview
SUVs may be all the rage these days, but that doesn’t mean the sedan segment is lacking in success stories. Indeed, throughout 2017, the Ford Focus remained one of Ford’s best-selling vehicle models.
Perhaps that is due to the diverse range of trim levels and body styles available for the Focus. As we look toward the year ahead, the 2018 iteration of the Focus seems to be staying true to the aspects that made it so popular this year.
Adding a Signature Style: New Edge SEL Sport Appearance Package adds bold styling
[wptab name=”What’s New”]
What’s New for the 2018 Ford Focus?
Most of the changes for the Ford Focus in 2018 are merely cosmetic. Still, many drivers will undoubtedly be excited by the addition of new color options for the vehicle’s exterior, including Hot Pepper Red, Lightning Blue, and Outrageous Green.
The 2018 Ford Focus is available in seven separate trim levels: the S, SE, SEL, Titanium, ST, Electric, and RS.
The Focus Sedan is available in the S, SE, SEL, and Titanium trims.
The Focus Hatchback is available in the SE, SEL, Titanium, ST, Electric, and RS trims.
Additional 2018 Ford Focus Photos:
2018 Ford Focus Exterior
Drivers who choose the Focus for their daily driver will have an additional choice to make: sedan or hatchback. The sedan style is available for four of the Focus’ trim levels, while the hatchback style can be applied to six Focus trims.
No matter which body style drivers choose, they will find standard exterior features like a rear window defroster and automatic headlamps.
2018 Ford Focus Exterior Photos:
Exterior features available on the 2018 Ford Focus S:
- Rear window defroster; Black chrome trim grille, door handles, and rocker moldings; Automatic headlamps; Mirrors with integrated blind spot technology; Variable intermittent front windshield wipers; 15-inch steel wheels with silver-painted covers
Additional exterior features available on the 2018 Ford Focus SE:
- Body-color door handles, Rear windshield wipers, Rear spoiler
Additional exterior features available on the 2018 Ford Focus SEL:
- Gloss Black fog lamps, Black bezel headlamps, Mirrors with turn signal indicators, LED signature lighting with dedicated daytime running lamps
Additional exterior features available on the 2018 Ford Focus Titanium:
- Chrome beltline molding, Chrome trim grille with chrome bars , Mirrors with security approach lamps, Chrome bezel headlamps and fog lights
Additional exterior features available on the 2018 Ford Focus ST Hatchback:
- Unique body-color rocker moldings, Unique ST front grille, Performance inspired rear spoiler, Gloss Black Bezel fog lamps with unique ST design
Additional exterior features available on the 2018 Ford Focus Electric Hatchback:
- Black rocker moldings, Chrome beltline moldings, High-intensity discharge (HID) Chrome Bezel headlamps, LED tail lamps
Additional exterior features available on the 2018 Ford Focus RS Hatchback:
- Unique RS front grille, Unique body-colored rocker moldings, Unique RS black fog lamps
2018 Ford Focus Performance
As far as performance goes, the Ford Focus starts with a 2.0-liter Ti-VCT engine for the 2018 model year. This engine produces 160 horsepower and 146 lb-ft for the Focus.
Adrenaline junkies need not walk away disappointed, as the ST and RS hatchback models greatly increase the Focus’ power output. The 2.0-liter EcoBoost® engine in the ST produces 252 horsepower, while the larger 2.3-liter EcoBoost® model in the RS produces 350 horsepower and 350 lb-ft of torque.
2018 Ford Focus Efficiency
The base trim of the 2018 Ford Focus starts with a modest fuel efficiency rating of 25/34/28 MPG City/Highway/Combined. If drivers upgrade to the SE trim level, the Focus’ fuel economy greatly benefits, with the previous rating replaced with 30/40/34 MPG City/Highway/Combined when the manual transmission is equipped.
Furthermore, Ford offers an electric version of the Focus for the 2018 model year. This electric-powered Focus achieves a fuel rating of 118/96/107 MPGe City/Highway/Combined.
2018 Ford Focus Interior
The 2018 Ford Focus is the perfect vehicle for Ford to show off the interior technologies and amenities it has at its disposal. Even the base trim of the Focus includes interior features like Ford’s SYNC® enhanced voice recognition communication and entertainment system.
For more advanced technologies, like the SecuriCode® keyless entry keypad, and more luxurious features, like heated front seats, drivers merely need to upgrade to some of the higher trim levels of the Ford Focus.
2018 Ford Focus Interior Photos:
Interior features available on the 2018 Ford Focus S:
- Comfort and Seating: Overhead console, Center console with storage and cup holders, Cloth upholstery, Message center with trip computer, Two-way adjustable head restraints (first row), Front bucket seats with six-way manually-adjustable driver seat and four-way manually-adjustable passenger seat, Manual climate control
- Technology: AM/FM/MP3 capable with four speakers and speed-sensitive volume control, USB ports, Optional PowerCode™ Remote Start System, SYNC® enhanced voice recognition communication and entertainment system, MyKey® owner controls feature, Driver configurable 4.2-inch color LCD display cluster
Additional interior features available on the 2018 Ford Focus SE:
- Comfort and Seating: Dual illuminated visor vanity mirrors, Cruise control, 60/40 split folding rear bench, Rear heat vents, Floor console armrest and storage
- Technology: SiriusXM® Radio
Additional interior features available on the 2018 Ford Focus SEL:
- Comfort and Seating: Dual-Zone Electronic Automatic Temperature Control (DEATC), Power moonroof, Ambient lighting
- Technology: Reverse Sensing System, SYNC® 3, 8-inch LCD capacitive touchscreen, HD Radio™, Voice-activated touchscreen navigation system with SiriusXM traffic and Travel Link®, Two smart charging USB ports, Sony® audio system with 10 speakers and single-CD player
Additional interior features available on the 2018 Ford Focus Titanium:
- Comfort and Seating: Heated front seats, Leather-trimmed front bucket seats with eight-way adjustable power driver seat, Leather-wrapped shift knob, Four-way adjustable first row head restraints, Heated and leather-wrapped steering wheel
- Technology: SecuriCode® keyless entry keypad
Additional interior features available on the 2018 Ford Focus ST Hatchback:
- Comfort and Seating: Unique leather-wrapped perforated and flat bottom steering wheel with ST badging, Unique instrument panel finish, Aluminum pedals and shifter, Unique ST leather-wrapped and alloy gear shift knob, Unique ST scuff-plates
- Technology: AM/FM/MP3 capable with six speakers and speed-sensitive volume control, SYNC®, 4.2-inch LCD display, Intelligent access with push-button start, One smart charging USB port, Analog mini cluster gauges including turbo boost pressure
Additional interior features available on the 2018 Ford Focus Electric Hatchback:
- Comfort and Seating: Heated front seats, Eco-conscious cloth upholstered front seats with six-way manually adjustable driver seat and four-way manually adjustable passenger seat
- Technology: Charge Port with LED state-of-charge indicator, SmartGauge® with EcoGuide instrument cluster, Driver configurable two 4.2-inch color LCD display unique EV cluster, MyFord® Mobile with three-year complimentary subscription, SYNC® 3, 8-inch LCD capacitive touchscreen, Sony® audio system with nine speakers, Two smart charging USB ports
Additional interior features available on the 2018 Ford Focus RS Hatchback:
- Comfort and Seating: Unique RS Leather-wrapped steering wheel with sport style design and blue stitching, Carbon-Fiber Accents (boost gauge trim bezel, door grab handle inserts, ebrake handle), Unique RS Leather-wrapped and alloy gear shift knob, Unique RS scuff-plates, Heated steering wheel, RECARO® full-leather seats with Miko®-Dinamica inserts and with RS logo, Heated six-way power-adjustable driver seat
- Technology: Sony® audio system with 10 speakers and single-CD player
2018 Ford Focus Safety
Year after year, Ford has worked to perfect is suite of standard safety technology. You will find that technology, like a rear view camera and AdvanceTrac® with Electronic Stability Control, with each and every Ford Focus model.
Standard safety features for the 2018 Ford Focus include:
- Dual-stage front airbags
- Front-seat side-impact airbags
- Safety Canopy® side-curtain airbags (first and second row)
- Driver’s knee airbag
- Belt-Minder® front safety belt reminder
- Height-adjustable front safety belts
- Three-point safety belts at all seating positions
- Personal Safety System™
- Height-adjustable front safety belts
- LATCH Lower Anchors and Tether Anchors for Child safety seats
- AdvanceTrac® with Electronic Stability Control (ESC)
- Tire pressure monitoring system
- Rear view camera
- Hill Start Assist
Redefining a Classic Car: 2017 Ford Fusion updates
The News Wheel is a digital auto magazine providing readers with a fresh perspective on the latest car news. We’re located in the heart of America (Dayton, Ohio) and our goal is to deliver an entertaining and informative perspective on what’s trending in the automotive world. See more articles from The News Wheel.