2018 Hyundai Ioniq Hybrid Overview
The Hyundai Ioniq Hybrid combines gasoline and electric power to create an eco-friendly ride, while bringing along luxury features and advanced technology inside the cabin. Earning up to 58 mpg, you can save a decent chunk of change with fewer stops at the gas station.
The 2018 Hyundai Ioniq Hybrid is available in three trims: Blue, SEL, and Limited.
[wptab name=”What’s New”]
What’s New for the 2018 Hyundai Ioniq Hybrid?
For 2018, the new Ioniq Hybrid receives a few upgraded performance functions from last year’s model. For example, you can now opt for paddle shifters on the SEL and Limited trims for a more hands-on driving experience.
2018 Hyundai Ioniq Hybrid Photos:
2018 Hyundai Ioniq Hybrid Exterior
The Ioniq Hybrid is a sleek, sophisticated sedan that lets its presence on the road be known. Convenience features are integrated throughout the sedan’s exterior, including automatic headlights, intermittent variable windshield wipers, solar control glass, and available heated side mirrors.
The 2018 Hyundai Ioniq Hybrid is available in five exterior colors: Ceramic White, Symphony Air Silver, Summit Gray, Electric Blue Metallic, and Black Noir Pearl.
2018 Hyundai Ioniq Hybrid Exterior Photos:
Exterior features available on the 2018 Hyundai Ioniq Hybrid Blue
- Door handle approach light; Solar control glass; Projector headlights with Daytime Running Lights; Integrated rear spoiler; Active grille shutters; Automatic headlight control; Intermittent variable windshield wipers; Dual manual-folding, body-color, power side mirrors
Exterior features available on the 2018 Hyundai Ioniq Hybrid SEL
-Adds to or replaces features on the Blue-
- Chrome beltline molding, LED Daytime Running Lights, Heated side mirrors with turn-signal indicators, Lower doors side moldings, LED taillights, Aero-type wiper design
Exterior features available on the 2018 Hyundai Ioniq Hybrid Limited
-Adds to or replaces features on SEL-
- HID headlights, Chrome accent door handles
2018 Hyundai Ioniq Hybrid Performance
The 2018 Hyundai Ioniq Hybrid combines a traditional gasoline engine with an electric motor to improve its efficiency ratings. The Ioniq Hybrid is equipped with a 1.6-liter inline four-cylinder engine and a 32 kW interior-permanent magnet synchronous motor. A six-speed EcoShift dual-clutch transmission with SHIFTRONIC comes on the Ioniq Hybrid, as well. On its own, the gasoline engine produces 104 horsepower and 109 lb-ft of torque. When combined with the electric motor, the Ioniq Hybrid produces 139 horsepower.
2018 Hyundai Ioniq Hybrid Efficiency
Efficiency is the main focus of the Ioniq Hybrid, combining gasoline and electric power for an eco-friendly rating. The 2018 Ioniq Hybrid earns an estimated 57 mpg in the city, 59 mpg on the highway, and 58 mpg combined.
2018 Hyundai Ioniq Hybrid Interior
Stylish and functional features come on every trim level of the Hyundai Ioniq Hybrid. Standard, you’ll find amenities like premium cloth seating, dual automatic temperature control, and a rear window defroster. The base trim also comes with a suite of tech features including SiriusXM Satellite Radio, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, and Bluetooth. If you decide to upgrade to a higher trim level, you can enjoy driver-assist features like Blind Spot Detection and Lane Change Assist.
2018 Hyundai Ioniq Hybrid Interior Photos:
Interior features available on the 2018 Hyundai Ioniq Hybrid Blue
- Interior: Illuminated ignition, Center armrest storage, Adjustable head restraints for all seating positions, Front passenger seatback pocket, Power windows with driver’s auto-down/up, Six-way driver and passenger seats with seat height adjustment, Sun visor extensions, Tilt-and-telescopic steering wheel, Rear window defroster, Power door locks, Dual automatic temperature control with Auto Defogging System, Premium cloth seating, Dual illuminated vanity mirrors, 60/40-split fold-down rear seatback
- Radio and Technology: Smartphone/USB and auxiliary input jacks, SiriusXM activation and three-month trial subscription, Android Auto, Apple CarPlay, AM/FM/HD Radio/SiriusXM audio system, Proximity Key entry with push-button start, Bluetooth and cruise controls, Steering-wheel-mounted audio, Bluetooth hands-free phone system with voice recognition, 7-inch display audio system with high-resolution touchscreen
Interior features available on the 2018 Hyundai Ioniq Hybrid SEL
-Adds to or replaces features on Blue-
- Interior: 10-way power driver seat with power lumbar support, Steering wheel-mounted paddle shifters, Leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift knob, Rear center armrest with cup holders, Heated front seats
- Radio and Technology: Blind Spot Detection (BSD) with Rear Cross-traffic Alert and Lane Change Assist, 7-inch LCD instrument cluster
Interior features available on the 2018 Hyundai Ioniq Hybrid Limited
-Adds to or replaces features on SEL-
- Interior: Premium door sill plates, Available Integrated Memory System (IMS) for driver seat, Leather seating surfaces, Power tilt-and-slide sunroof, Available rear cargo cover, Available floor console-mounted rear seat HVAC vents, LED interior illumination, Front passenger window auto-down/up
- Radio and Technology: Auto-dimming rearview mirror with HomeLink and compass, 8-inch navigation system with high-resolution touchscreen, Blue Link Connected Care for three years, Available Clari-Fi Music Restoration Technology, Available wireless device charging, Blue Link Connected Car Service, Blue Link Guidance Package for three years, Available Infinity Premium Audio with eight speakers including center channel and subwoofer, Blue Link Remote Package for three years
2018 Hyundai Ioniq Hybrid Safety
Maneuvering is easy in the 2018 Ioniq Hybrid. The sedan comes with a standard rear view camera to help you navigate smaller parking lots, while Brake Assist (BA) helps prevent accidents from occurring. If you do end up in an accident, the Ioniq Hybrid is designed with front and rear crumple zones, as well as an energy-absorbing steering column, to help cushion the impact.
Standard Safety Features on the 2018 Hyundai Ioniq Hybrid
- Driver and front passenger side-impact airbags (SRS)
- Brake Assist (BA)
- Electronic Stability Control (ESC)
- Driver’s knee airbag
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) with individual tire pressure indicator
- Advanced dual front airbags (SRS) with Occupant Classification System (OCS)
- Traction Control System (TCS)
- Vehicle Stability Management (VSM)
- Front and rear crumple zones
- Front seatbelt pretensioners and force limiters
- Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD)
- Anti-lock Braking System (ABS)
- Remote keyless entry system with alarm
- Side-curtain airbags for front and rear passengers (SRS)
- Rear LATCH (Lower Anchors and Tethers for Children)
- Power window lock-out button
- Energy-absorbing steering column
- Rearview camera
The News Wheel is a digital auto magazine providing readers with a fresh perspective on the latest car news. We’re located in the heart of America (Dayton, Ohio) and our goal is to deliver an entertaining and informative perspective on what’s trending in the automotive world. See more articles from The News Wheel.