2018 Kia Sportage Overview
The 2018 Kia Sportage is powerful enough to handle your everyday journeys as well as your more demanding adventures. Featuring sculpted, athletic lines, the 2018 Kia Sportage sports an eye-catching exterior and delivers drivers an interior designed for comfort, function, and fun.
Learn More: History of Kia
What’s New for the 2018 Kia Sportage?
New for the 2018 base trim is the optional LX Technology Package, which includes advanced driving assistance features such as Lane Departure Warning System, Blind Spot Detection & Rear Cross Traffic Alert, Autonomous Emergency Braking, and power folding outside mirrors with turn signal indicators. The LX now also sports upgraded cloth-trimmed seats with YES Essentials.
Driver assist technologies available in the LX Technology Package are now standard in the EX trim with the addition of heated outside mirrors and Piano Black High Glossy trim. Electronic Parking Brake with auto hold is now a standard feature on the SX trim.
2018 Kia Sportage Photos:
2018 Kia Sportage Exterior
The exterior of the 2018 Kia Sportage now features standard power-folding outside mirrors with turn signal indicators. On the EX trim, the outside mirrors are heated as well. Also available on the EX is the new EX Sport Appearance Package, which includes quad fog lights and a satin chrome trim.
2018 Kia Sportage Exterior Photos:
Exterior features on the 2018 Kia Sportage LX
- 17-inch, alloy wheels, Matte Black and Bright Chrome front grille, Bright Chrome window trim, Body-color door handles, Rear spoiler, Power-adjustable outside mirrors, Sound-absorbing front windshield glass, Privacy glass, Heated rear glass with timer, Variable intermittent windshield wipers, Rear wiper/washer, Projector beam headlights, Auto light control, LED daytime running lights, Locking fuel-filler door
Exterior features on the 2018 Kia Sportage EX
-Adds to or replaces features on LX-
- 18-inch alloy wheels, Gloss Black and Bright Chrome front grille, Bright Chrome door handles, Roof rails, Heated outside mirrors, Smart Welcome system, Solar control glass, Windshield de-icer, Projector beam front fog lights
Exterior features on the 2018 Kia Sportage SX Turbo
-Adds to or replaces features on EX-
- 19-inch alloy wheels, SX Exclusive Gloss Black and Satin Chrome front grille, Front and rear metal-look skid plates, Satin Chrome window trim and side-sill trim, Satin Chrome door handles, Panoramic sunroof with power sunshade, Smart Power Liftgate®, Bi-Xenon HID projector beam headlights, Dynamic bending light with auto-leveling, High beam assist, LED front fog lights and rear combination lamps, Chrome dual-outlet exhaust finish
2018 Kia Sportage Performance
The 2018 Kia Sportage offers drivers two engine choices across its three trims. Both the LX and EX trims are equipped with a 2.4-liter DOHC four-cylinder engine with Gasoline Direct Injection and Dual Continuously Variable Valve Timing. The SX trim features a 2.0-liter turbocharged DOHC four-cylinder engine with Gasoline Direct Injection and Dual Continuously Variable Valve Timing. Both engine options are mated to a six-speed automatic with Sportmatic transmission.
The 2.4-liter engine generates 181 horsepower and 175 lb-ft of torque while the 2.0-liter turbocharged engine generates 240 horsepower and 260 lb-ft of torque, when equipped with FWD, and 237 horsepower and 260 lb-ft of torque, when equipped with AWD.
2018 Kia Sportage Efficiency
In all three of the Sportage trims, fuel economy is comparable. The LX trim earns 23 mpg city, 30 mpg highway, and 26 mpg combined (FWD) and 21 mpg city, 25 mpg highway, and 22 mpg combined (AWD). The EX trim earns 22 mpg city, 29 mpg highway, and 25 mpg combined (FWD) and 21 mpg city, 25 mpg highway, and 23 mpg combined (AWD). The SX trim earns 21 mpg city, 26 mpg highway, and 23 mpg combined (FWD) and 20 mpg city, 23 mpg highway, and 21 mpg combined (AWD).
- LX: 23/30/26 MPG City/Highway/Combined (FWD); 21/25/22 MPG City/Highway/Combined (AWD)
- EX: 22/29/25 MPG City/Highway/Combined (FWD); 21/25/23 MPG City/Highway/Combined (AWD)
- SX: 21/26/23 MPG City/Highway/Combined (FWD); 20/23/21 MPG City/Highway/Combined (AWD
2018 Kia Sportage Interior
The interior of the Kia Sportage is designed specifically for the driver. Precise positioning of the console, controls, and displays offers you complete and easy access to everything necessary to control the Sportage. Soft-touch materials, available dual zone automatic temperature control with auto de-fog system and cluster ionizer, available 10-way power-adjustable driver’s seat with power lumbar support, available panoramic sunroof, and available heated front seats create a luxuriously comfortable cabin.
The Sportage also features versatile cabin space with the 60/40 flat-folding rear seats. The dual-level cargo floor is quite the bonus to handle the demands of road trip gear, shopping trip treasures, or everyday essentials.
Staying connected on the road is not a problem in the Sportage, which features Bluetooth wireless hands-free connectivity and available Android Auto and Apple CarPlay compatibility. The available UVO with 8-inch touchscreen and voice-command navigation allow you to stay in touch and in control.
2018 Kia Sportage Interior Photos:
Interior features on the 2018 Kia Sportage LX
- Tricot cloth seats with YES Essentials® fabric treatment, Six-way adjustable driver’s seat, Driver and passenger seat back pockets, Height-adjustable front seat-belt anchors, Leatherette door armrest cover, Tilt and telescopic steering column, Power windows with driver one-touch auto-down, Power door locks, Remote keyless entry, Rear ventilation duct, Day/night interior rear-view mirror, Overhead sunglasses holder, Under-rear-cargo-floor storage compartment, Cargo light
Interior features on the 2018 Kia Sportage EX
-Adds to or replaces features on LX-
- Dual zone automatic temperature control with auto de-fog system and cluster ionizer, Dual-illuminated visor vanity mirrors, Leather seat trim, 10-way power-adjustable driver’s seat w/power lumbar support, Heated front seats, Leather-wrapped steering wheel and gearshift knob, Gloss Black interior trim
Interior features on the 2018 Kia Sportage SX Turbo
-Adds to or replaces features on EX-
- Steering-wheel-mounted paddle shifters, Eight-way power-adjustable front passenger seat, Ventilated front seats, Heated sport steering wheel, Alloy pedals, Metal door scuff plates
2018 Kia Sportage Safety
The 2018 Kia Sportage offers drivers a long list of available advanced driver assist technologies such as Autonomous Emergency Braking, Forward Collision Warning, Land Departure Warning, Blind Spot Detection and Rear Cross Traffic Alert. Combined with its impressive list of standard features, the Sportage is a leader in automotive safety technologies.
Standard Safety Features:
- Rollover Sensor
- Three-point seat belts with front seat-belt pretensioners
- Four-wheel disc brakes with anti-lock braking system
- Brake Assist System
- Vehicle Stability Management
- Electronic Stability Control
- Hill Start Assist Control
- Tire-Pressure Monitoring System
- Lower Anchors and Tethers for Children (LATCH)
- Traction Control System
- Downhill Brake Control
- Side-impact door beams
- Electronic Brake-Force Distribution
- Front and rear crumple zones
- Rear child-safety door locks
Did You Know? Kia Sportage is a top safety pick