2018 Lincoln Continental Overview
Helping kick-start Lincoln‘s decision to bring back models that have actual names and not just a cluster of letters, the resurgent Continental carries with it the brand’s historic reputation while helping to usher in a new era for the brand. The Continental carries on for yet another year, bringing along the same subdued refinement and comfort it has become known for.
[wptab name=”What’s New”]
What’s New for the 2018 Lincoln Continental?
The 2018 Lincoln Continental doesn’t undergo any changes for 2018, having gone through a redesign last year that it’s still proudly flaunting.
2018 Lincoln Continental Photos:
2018 Lincoln Continental Exterior
As a sleek, sophisticated sedan, the 2018 Lincoln Continental has a subdued appearance that doesn’t bear the burly bodylines or aggressive stance of its competitors. Instead, it opts for a look that is dignified, which extends to its muted body colors, like Iced Mocha and Magnetic Grey. The 2018 Lincoln Continental is available in four trim levels: Premiere, Select, Reserve, or Black Label.
Exterior features available on the 2018 Lincoln Continental
- Premiere trim adds: 18-inch Premium Magnetic-painted aluminum wheels, Mini spare tire and wheel, E-Latch belt line integrated advanced electronic door handle, Dual chrome exhaust tips and bright fender vents, Adaptive Bi-functional HID headlights with LED daytime running lights, Exterior power-heated and -folding mirrors with integrated turn signals and security approach lights, Lincoln chrome mesh grille, Active Grille Shutters, LED taillights, Easy Fuel capless fuel filler, SecuriCode keyless entry keypad
- Select trim adds: 19-inch Premium Dark Stainless-painted aluminum wheels with chrome inserts, Auto-folding mirrors, Hands-free power trunk lid
- Reserve trim adds: 19-inch Polished Aluminum wheels with Premium Ebony-painted pockets
- Black Label trim adds: Rain-sensing wipers, Premium LED headlights with automatic high-beams, Windshield wiper de-icer, 20-inch Polished Aluminum wheels with Black Label center cap, Twin panel moonroof with power shade
2018 Lincoln Continental Performance
The 2018 Lincoln Continental can be ordered with one of three different engine options for either more power or better efficiency. At the base level, the 3.7-liter Ti-VCT (Twin Independent Variable Camshaft Timing) V6 engine gets 305 horsepower and 280 lb-ft of torque. A step up, the twin-turbocharged 2.7-liter V6 gets 335 horsepower and 380 lb-ft of torque. The king of the hill, however, is the twin-turbocharged 3.0-liter V6 that pumps out a beefy 400 horsepower and 400 lb-ft of torque.
Whichever way you go, your Continental can be ordered in either front-wheel drive or all-wheel drive, to suit your driving preference. Each engine is paired to a six-Speed SelectShift automatic transmission with paddle shifters.
2018 Lincoln Continental Efficiency
As mentioned earlier, the available Continental engines aim for either more power or better fuel efficiency. While the most powerful twin-turbocharged 3.0-liter V6 gets an underwhelming 16 mpg city/24 mpg highway, the other engines improve on those numbers. The 3.7-liter V6 is a step up at 17 mpg city and 26 mpg highway, while the most efficient engine–the twin-turbocharged 2.7-liter V6–gets 18 mpg city and 27 mph highway.
2018 Lincoln Continental Interior
Simply knowing the name “Lincoln,” you already know what to expect from the interior of the latest Continental. From the ground up, starting with the base entry, the Continental exudes class and comfort. Precise temperature controls, soft-touch memory seats, heated cushions, and connected tech features are all standard. From there, the Continental improves on the audio system, seat controls and customization, and upholstery.
Interior features available on the 2018 Lincoln Continental
- Premiere trim adds: Rear seat AC/heat vents in center console; Dual-zone electronic automatic temperature control; Wood trim on instrument panel, door panels, console, and media bin; Leather-wrapped steering wheel with memory and audio, climate, and cruise controls; Front and rear floor mats; Ambient lighting; Cabin air filtration system; Rear window defroster; Universal garage door opener; Active Noise Cancellation; 10-way heated power front seats with lumbar support; Driver seat memory; Luxury Soft Touch Seats; Rear-seat armrest with cupholders and storage, Remote Keyless Entry System, MyKey, Reverse Sensing System, Three 12-volt powerpoints, Cruise control, Intelligent access with push-button start, Push-Button Shift, Front and Rear Park Assist, Hill Start Assist, Forward Sensing System, Lincoln Connect, SYNC 3, MyLincoln way app, 8-inch LCD capacitive touchscreen in center stack with swipe capability, 10-speaker Lincoln Premium Audio System, SiriusXM Satellite Radio
- Select trim adds: E-Latch Power Door Cinch Closing, Lincoln Luxury Leather Seats trimmed with Bridge of Weir Deep Soft Leather, 110-volt power outlet, Two rear-seat USB Smart charging ports
- Reserve trim adds: Rear-seat Electronic Temperature Control, Tri-Zone Electronic Automatic Temperature Control, 24-way heated/cooled front seats with power thigh extender and headrest, BLIS (Blind-spot Information System) with Cross-Traffic Alert, Navigation System with SiriusXM Traffic and SiriusXM Travel Link, 13-speaker Revel Audio System with HD Radio
- Black Label trim adds: Auto-dimming rearview mirror, Heated steering wheel, Venetian Leather Seats, Optional Chalet theme, Optional Thoroughbred theme, Optional Rhapsody theme, Adaptive Cruise Control with stop-and-go, Pre-Collision Assist with Pedestrian Detection and Active Braking, Enhanced Active Park Assist, Lane Keeping System, 19-speaker Revel Ultima Audio System, 360-degree camera
2018 Lincoln Continental Safety
Unsurprisingly, the 2018 Lincoln Continental was named a TOP SAFETY PICK+ by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety. With the durable construction and carefully engineered crumple zones, the sedan aced its crash evaluation, scoring top “Good” marks in all categories, including front crash prevention and headlights when equipped with the higher-trim features. NHTSA ratings were similar, with a 5-star overall rating and full scores in every category except rollover. Clearly, the Continental aims to protect.
Standard Safety Features on the 2018 Lincoln Continental
- AdvanceTrac electronic stability control
- Four-wheel disc anti-lock brake system (ABS)
- Driver and front-passenger airbags
- Front seat side airbags
- Driver knee airbag
- Glove-box-door-integrated knee airbag
- Side-curtain airbags
- Child-safety rear door locks
- LATCH (Lower Anchors and Tether Anchors for CHildren)
- SOS Post-Crash Alert System
- Personal Safety System
- Individual Tire Pressure Monitoring System
- Panic brake assist
- Rear view camera
- Reverse Sensing System
- Forward Sensing System
- Hill Start Assist
- Front and Rear Park Assist
The News Wheel is a digital auto magazine providing readers with a fresh perspective on the latest car news. We’re located in the heart of America (Dayton, Ohio) and our goal is to deliver an entertaining and informative perspective on what’s trending in the automotive world. See more articles from The News Wheel.