2018 Lincoln Navigator Overview
The Lincoln Navigator is a massive seven-seater that’s been redesigned for 2018 to be the brand’s new flagship model. With a more luxurious look and powerful presence, the new Navigator aims to change its long-running reputation as a boat-on-wheels.
Choosing the Right Car: How to decide which trim level is best for you
What’s New for the 2018 Lincoln Navigator?
The humongous Navigator is all-new for 2018, having undergone a total redesign for its fourth generation. As introduced at the New York International Auto Show earlier this year, the new Navigator is lighter, more spacious, and more luxurious. Due to new aluminum body parts, this Navigator is hundreds of pounds lighter, which gives it better fuel efficiency and performance with its new 3.5-liter V6 engine.
The interior of the Navigator is seeing a myriad of changes, too, like a new instrument cluster and more standard features. You’re also sure to love the new top-of-the-line Black Label series of trims on the Navigator, which enhance its opulence even further.
2018 Lincoln Navigator Photos:
2018 Lincoln Navigator Exterior
The new look of the redesigned 2018 Navigator is a vast improvement. Its squared-off front end and flat fascia resemble some of Ford’s bigger SUVS, but with more elegance. The wraparound headlights and LED illumination make it stand out at night, while its refined exterior colors and firm, rigid body lines emphasize its size during the day. There are plenty of high-end touches on its exterior, like chrome accents, with more options that can be added at higher trims.
The Navigator also comes in an L variant with an extended-length body.
Exterior features available on the 2018 Lincoln MKC
- Premiere trim: Active grill shutters; Body-colored spoiler; Bright roof-rack side rails; Color-keyed and fixed non-illuminated running boards; Body-color bezel with chrome strap doors/handles; Dual exhaust system; Easy Fuel® capless fuel-filler; Solar first row glass; Privacy second and third row glass; Hands-free and foot activated liftgate; LED daytime running lights; LED fog lamps; LED Lincoln signature lighting; Intermittent rear wiper; Rear lighting including LED backup lights and LED tail lamps; Satin chrome mesh grille with bright chrome surround; Side-wind stabilization; Lincoln Embrace with Approach Detection, dynamic signature lighting fade on/off, illuminated door handles, and Lincoln logo welcome mat; 20-inch ultra bright machined-aluminum wheels
- Select trim: 22-inch Dark Tarnish painted wheels, Illuminated painted ebony black power-running boards, Windshield wiper de-icer, Adaptive suspension
- Reserve trim: 22-inch Dark Tarnish painted wheel, Lincoln Embrace with illuminated Lincoln star, Panoramic vista roof
- Black Label trim: 22-inch 21-spoke ultra-bright Ebony Black painted wheel, Heavy-Duty Trailer Tow Package with Electronic Traction Assist (eLSD) and Heavy-Duty Radiator/Trailer Backup Assist/Trailer brake controller and two-speed transfer case, Satin Chrome mesh grille with bright Chrome surround, Side-wind stabilization, Smart trailer tow, Trailer Sway Control, Lincoln Embrace with approach detection and dynamic signature lighting fade on/off, Illuminated door handles, Lincoln logo welcome mat
2018 Lincoln Navigator Performance
The 2018 Navigator receives a new engine for 2018: a 3.5-liter twin-turbocharged V6 that’s paired to a 10-speed Selectshift Automatic with Paddle Activation. Now, the Navigator is even strong enough to match the Ford F-150 SVT Raptor, earning 450 horsepower @5000 rpm and 510 lb-ft @3500 rpm. This muscle also contributes to its towing capacity, which is rated at 8,700 pounds maximum. That’s certainly more than enough strength to carry your family and luggage without any lag.
2018 Lincoln Navigator Efficiency
The Navigator has been designed for powerful performance, not efficiency, but considering the bulk of the SUV, its fuel economy rates actually aren’t terrible. In fact, the EPA estimates that the Navigator gets around 16 mpg in the city and 23 mpg on the highway. Considering the fuel tank capacity is 23 gallons, the Navigator can travel quite a distance before having to fill up.
2018 Lincoln Navigator Interior
Obviously, the cabin of the Navigator is a work of art. Now undeniably the most luxurious interior in Lincoln’s lineup—especially when outfitted with one of the top-of-the-line Black Label themes—the Navigator bears the finest upholstery and dashboard touches in its segment. It’s equally high-tech, particularly due to the new 12-inch controls cluster/screen. Center consoles in the second and third rows also give passengers ways to stay plugged in.
2018 Lincoln MKC Interior Photos:
Interior features available on the 2018 Lincoln MKC
- Premiere trim adds: 16oz Baypoint Carpet, Auto-dimming rearview mirror, Cargo area mat, Carpeted floor mats, Front illuminated door-sill scuff plate, Genuine wood trim in center and panels, Interior lighting including first and second row static sequential LED ambient lighting, Luggage compartment reversible mat, Power-adjustable brake and accelerator pedals, Two fast charging USB’s in second row floor console, Two fast charging USB’s in third row quarter trim, Push-button shift, Luxury leather-trimmed seats, First row heated captains chair with 4-way adjustable headrest, 10-way power driver seat with 2-way power lumbar and memory reflexive manual independent thigh support, 10-way power passenger seat with 2-way power lumbar and reflexive manual independent thigh support, Second row heated captains chair with premium leather seating surface and PowerFold® with tilt-and-slide functionality and 4-way adjustable headrest and 40/pass-thru/40, Third row Lincoln soft-touch seats with 60/40 PowerFold® split bench and power recline, Leather steering wheel with wood inserts and power tilt and telescoping with memory and speed and audio controls, Tri-zone electronic automatic temperature control, Instrument cluster with 12-inch configurable LCD display, Lincoln Concierge, SYNC® 3 with enhanced voice recognition communications and entertainment system, 10-inch LCD capacitive touchscreen, AppLink®, 911 assist, Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™, Revel® audio system with 14 speakers and speed-compensated volume, AM/FM/HD/ SiriusXM® Radio and MP3, Intelligent Access with push-button start, Lincoln Connect with 4G embedded modem with Wi-Fi hot spot capability, Lincoln Way App with smartphone integrated technology, Remote start, Remote lock/unlock, GPA vehicle locate and scheduled remote start, Navigation system
- Select trim adds: Heated steering wheel, Leather seating surfaces, Wireless charging pad
- Reserve trim adds: Lincoln Embrace with lighting on demand, map pockets, and first row/second row illuminated belt buckles; Driver/passenger heated and ventilated seats with 24-way perfect position and power thigh extension and seat memory; Second row 40/console/40 seats
- Black Label trim adds: Front illuminated door-sill scuff plate with Black Label logo, Venetian leather seats on all three rows, First row captains chairs with perfect position seating and 4-way adjustable headrest, Technology Package, Revel® Ultima® audio system with 20 speakers
2018 Lincoln Navigator Safety
As the 2018 Navigator has been redesigned from the ground up, it’s due to be evaluated by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety and the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, but neither group has yet released their results (as of December). What we do know, at least, is that the Navigator has an array of protective features to help avoid or lessen the damage of a collision, as well as optional innovative assistance features to help the driver retain control of the wheel.
Standard Safety Features on the 2018 Lincoln MKC
- AdvanceTrac® with Roll Stability Control™
- Driver and Front-Passenger Dual Stage Airbags
- Side-Impact and Safety Canopy® with roll-over sensor
- Brake-and-engine-actuated traction control
- Individual Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
- LATCH (Lower Anchors and Tether Anchors for Children)
- First Row Personal Safety System™
- Power Door-Locks with Autolock
- Rear View Camera with washer
- Remote Keyless-Entry
- SecuriCode™ keyless entry keypad
- SOS Post-Crash Alert System™
Prefer to Buy a Used SUV? These are the top-rated SUVs to buy pre-owned