2019 Chevrolet Impala Overview
Modern motorists are actively avoiding smaller passenger sedans in favor of larger SUVs and crossovers. Yet, many of those motorists abandoning compact cars are instead opting for full-size sedans.
Chevy’s own full-size sedan, the Impala, has experienced some renewed interest of its own. With the added space and luxury that drivers are seeking, the 2019 Chevrolet Impala is an attractive alternative for those who have grown tired of the standard compact sedan.
Learn More About the Impala: Chevrolet Impala Overview
What’s New for the 2019 Chevrolet Impala?
The Chevy Impala hasn’t really undergone any major alterations for the 2019 model year. The only noteworthy change is the addition of a Jet Black Premium Cloth/Leatherette interior color option for the Impala.
The 2019 Chevrolet Impala is available at three trim levels: the LS, LT, and Premier.
As far as exterior designs go, the 2019 Chevrolet Impala has a pretty standard look for a passenger car. It also includes many of the exterior features that drivers have come to expect from a modern sedan, such as power-adjustable mirrors and a rear window defogger.
Exterior features available on the 2019 Chevrolet Impala LS:
- Outside, power-adjustable, manual-folding black mirrors; Compact spare tire; Front intermittent wipers; Body-color door handles; P235/50R18 all-season, blackwall tires; Single-outlet exhaust; Halogen headlamps; 18-inch steel wheels with fascia-spoke wheel covers; Rear window defogger
Additional exterior features available on the 2019 Chevrolet Impala LT:
- 18-inch painted alloy wheels; LED daytime running lamps; Outside, heated power-adjustable, manual-folding mirrors with integrated turn signals; Available LT Convenience Package; Available wheel locks
Additional exterior features available on the 2019 Chevrolet Impala Premier:
- 19-inch machined-face aluminum wheels; Chrome with body-color strip door handles High-Intensity Discharge (HID) headlamps; P245/45R19 all-season, blackwall tires
The 2019 Chevrolet Impala isn’t categorized as one of Chevy’s performance models. Yet, it is capable of some rather impressive performance metrics.
The Impala’s standard 2.5-liter ECOTEC® four-cylinder helps it produce 197 horsepower and 191 lb-ft of torque. If drivers upgrade to the available 3.6-liter V6 engine option, the Impala can generate 305 horsepower and 264 lb-ft of torque.
Being one of Chevrolet’s larger sedans, the Impala isn’t exactly the most efficient passenger car. Still, its fuel economy of 22 mpg in the city and 29 mpg on the highway is rather respectable for its class.
The 2019 Chevrolet Impala is Chevy’s most luxurious sedan model. Its interior cabin is filled to the brim with opulent amenities and advanced tech.
Standard features include driver power lumbar control and the Chevrolet Infotainment System, complete with 8-inch diagonal color touch screen. Upgrading to more premium trim levels will add heated driver and front passenger seats, as well as a Bose Centerpoint Surround Sound system with 11 speakers.
Interior features available on the 2019 Chevrolet Impala LS:
- Comfort and Seating: Driver power lumbar control, Front bucket seats, Illuminated vanity mirrors, Eight-way power adjustable driver’s seat, Steering-wheel mounted controls, Rearview manual day/night mirror, Four-way manually adjustable front passenger seat, Front carpeted floor mats
- Technology: Keyless start, Power trunk release, Three-month subscription to SiriusXM® Satellite Radio, OnStar® 4G LTE, Bluetooth®, Chevrolet Infotainment System with 8-inch diagonal color touch screen, Six-speaker sound system, Apple CarPlay™, Android Auto™, Theft-deterrent system, USB ports, Available built-in Wi-Fi® hotspot
Additional interior features available on the 2019 Chevrolet Impala LT:
- Comfort and Seating: Dual-zone automatic climate control, Available inside rearview auto-dimming mirror, Leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift knob, Front passenger power lumbar control
- Technology: Available Chevrolet Infotainment System with Navigation and 8-inch diagonal color touch screen, Remote start
Additional interior features available on the 2019 Chevrolet Impala Premier:
- Comfort and Seating: Available memory settings for outside mirrors, steering column, and driver seat position; Eight-way power adjustable front passenger seat; Heated driver and front passenger seats; Available ventilated front seats
- Technology: Rear Cross-Traffic Alert, Optional Forward Collision Alert, Universal home remote, Bose® Centerpoint® Surround Sound system with 11 speakers, Chevrolet MyLink® with 8-inch diagonal color touch screen and navigation, Available Lane Departure Warning, Available Adaptive Cruise Control
To help keep drivers safe and secure on the road, the 2019 Impala comes standard with 10 air bags and a StabiliTrak electronic stability control system. For even more security, Impala owners can add the available Lane Departure Warning and Adaptive Cruise Control to their vehicle’s safety suite.
Standard safety features for the 2019 Chevrolet Impala include:
• Chevrolet Connected access for 10 years
• 10 air bags
• StabiliTrak electronic stability control system
• Electronic traction control
• LATCH System
• Rear Vision Camera
• Electronic Cruise Control
• Seat belt pretensioners for front seats
Determine the Cost of Your Car: Calculate your payment
The News Wheel is a digital auto magazine providing readers with a fresh perspective on the latest car news. We’re located in the heart of America (Dayton, Ohio) and our goal is to deliver an entertaining and informative perspective on what’s trending in the automotive world. See more articles from The News Wheel.