2019 Mazda CX-3 Overview
Everyone’s favorite subcompact crossover SUV is back, and the 2019 Mazda CX-3 stretches the limit of Mazda’s attractive KODO design language with some sleek upgrades to the exterior, interior, and powertrain.
[wptab name=”What’s New”]
What’s New for the 2019 Mazda CX-3?
For 2019, the Mazda CX-3 has been refreshed with some quality refinements.
- Chrome accents on lower bumper
- Piano-black exterior accents
- LED combination taillight design
- Redesigned grille
- 18-inch alloy wheels
- Soul Red Crystal metallic paint
- Full-leather seat surfaces with high-density, vibration-absorbing urethane foam
- Faux suede trim and shiny red accents on climate vents
- Redesigned center console with greater storage and armrest
- New rear armrest with built-in cupholders
- High-gloss, pleated piping on leather seats
- New electronic parking brake with auto-hold feature
- Retuned 2.0-liter engine
2019 Mazda CX-3 Photos:
2019 Mazda CX-3 Exterior
Like other Mazda vehicles, the 2019 Mazda CX-3 is an expression of KODO: Soul of Motion design, its sleek elegance and clean smoothness radiating with every flowing contour. New chrome accents and subtle refinements create a striking outcome, while the vivid and available Soul Red Crystal Metallic paint brings the sweeping lines of the CX-3 to life.
2019 Mazda CX-3 Exterior Photos:
Exterior features available on the 2019 Mazda CX-3 Sport
- Roof-mounted shark fin antenna, Daytime Running Lights, Clear-lens halogen headlights, Auto-off headlights, Body-color power-adjustable side mirrors with integrated turn signals, Body-color door handles, Black side body garnish, Rear roofline spoiler, Variable-intermittent windshield wipers, Rear intermittent windshield wiper, Dual exhaust outlets with bright finish
Exterior features available on the 2019 Mazda CX-3 Touring
- Auto On/Off headlights, Heated side mirrors, Piano Black pillar garnish, Rain-sensing variable-intermittent windshield wipers
Exterior features available on the 2019 Mazda CX-3 Grand Touring
- LED Daytime Running Lights, LED headlights with auto leveling, Adaptive Front-lighting System, High Beam Control, LED fog lights, LED combination taillights, Front bumper garnish and side body garnish in bright finish, Silver front grille garnish
2019 Mazda CX-3 Performance
All 2019 Mazda CX-3 models are powered by a SKYACTIV®-G 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine, providing 148 horsepower and 146 lb-ft of torque. This is paired with the SKYACTIV®-Drive six-speed automatic with manual-shift and Sport mode options for swift handling.
2019 Mazda CX-3 Efficiency
All the trims are available in front-wheel drive (FWD) or i-ACTIV AWD®. When in FWD, the CX-3 gets up to 29 mpg in the city, 34 mpg on the highway and 31 mpg combined. If chosen in i-ACTIV AWD®, the CX-3 receives 27 mpg in the city, 32 mpg on the highway, and 29 mpg combined.
2019 Mazda CX-3 Interior
Inside the cabin of the 2019 CX-3, the spirit of Mazda continues with available soft Lux Suede® trim and leather-trimmed sport seats that create a space for you to connect with the your favorite subcompact SUV. An upgraded seat design and upholstery options combine with a new center console and armrests to deliver a more premium feel.
2019 Mazda CX-3 Interior Photos:
Interior features available on the 2019 Mazda CX-3 Sport
- Interior: Air conditioning with pollen filter, Power windows with driver’s one-touch down/up feature, Power door locks with two-stage unlocking, Cruise control with steering wheel-mounted controls, Front and rear overhead lights, Rear heater ducts, Rear window defogger with timer, Manual day/night rearview mirror, Tilt and telescopic steering column, Dual covered visor vanity mirrors, Glove compartment, Front cup holders, Front and rear door bottle holders/storage, Front passenger seatback pocket, Center armrest with storage, Rear seat center armrest, Cargo area light, 60/40 split fold-down rear seats, Front and rear outboard seat headrests, Cloth door trim with black armrests, Black center console knee pads, Black interior trim, 6-way manual driver’s seat, Cloth-trimmed sport seats, Carpet floor mats
- Radio and Technology: Push button start, Remote fuel door release, Remote keyless illuminated entry system with answer back feature, 12-volt power outlet, 7-inch full-color touch-screen display, Bluetooth® hands-free phone and audio capability, AM/FM sound system with Automatic Level Control and six speakers, MAZDA CONNECT™ Infotainment System, Auxiliary audio input jack, USB audio input
Interior features available on the 2019 Mazda CX-3 Touring
- Interior: Automatic climate control with pollen filter, Synthetic leather door trim with black armrests, Heated front seats with three levels, Manual front passenger seat height adjustment, Leatherette-trimmed sport seats, Leather-wrapped gear selector, Leather-wrapped steering wheel, Leather-wrapped parking brake handle
- Radio and Technology: Mazda Advanced Keyless Entry System
Interior features available on the 2019 Mazda CX-3 Grand Touring
- Interior: Power sliding-glass moonroof with one-touch-open feature and interior sunshade, Rear tonneau cover, Steering wheel-mounted paddle shifters, Lux Suede® door trim with black armrests, Black or two-tone Parchment and Black interior trim, Leather-trimmed sport seats, Leather-wrapped steering wheel with paddle shifters
- Radio and Technology: Bose® seven-speaker audio system, HD Radio™, Mazda Navigation System, SiriusXM® Satellite Radio with 4-month trial subscription, Advanced Smart City Brake Support with pedestrian detection, Smart Brake Support with collision warning, Mazda Radar Cruise Control with Stop & Go, Lane Departure Warning
2019 Mazda CX-3 Safety
The 2019 CX-3 comes with plenty of standard safety features to keep you safe on the road. The available suite of i-ACTIVSENSE® safety features on the CX-3, such as Rear Cross Traffic Alert, Lane Departure Warning System, and Mazda Radar Cruise Control with Stop & Go, alerts you to potential hazards on the road so you can stay focused and engaged when you drive.
Standard Safety Features on the 2019 Mazda CX-3
- Electronic parking brake with auto-hold
- Three-point safety belts for all seating positions
- Front safety-belt pretensioners with force limiters
- Advanced front air bags with seat belt-use, passenger-weight sensors
- Front seat-mounted side-impact air bags and side-impact air curtains with rollover protection
- Anti-lock Brake System (ABS) with Electronic Brake Force Distribution (EBD) and Brake Assist
- Dynamic Stability Control (DSC) and Traction Control System (TCS)
- Hill Launch Assist
- Rearview Camera
- Blind Spot Monitoring with Rear Cross Traffic Alert
- Smart City Brake Support
- Side-impact door beams
- Fold-away brake pedal assembly
- Engine immobilizer anti-theft system
- Keyless remote panic button
- Tire-Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
- LATCH child-safety-seat anchors & upper tether anchors
- Child safety rear door locks
The News Wheel is a digital auto magazine providing readers with a fresh perspective on the latest car news. We’re located in the heart of America (Dayton, Ohio) and our goal is to deliver an entertaining and informative perspective on what’s trending in the automotive world. See more articles from The News Wheel.