2020 Ford Super Duty Best-in-Class in Pretty Much Everything
Buckle your seat belts, because here comes something that’ll prove utterly shocking. You won’t even believe your eyes. Then, to avail your eyes, you’ll say it aloud, but then you won’t be able to believe your ears. And then? What’s left to believe? Anything?
But you’ve been sufficiently warned, so here goes: The 2020 Ford F-Series Super Duty, so very much TRUUUUUUUCK, will be the best heavy-duty truck (TRUUUUUUUCK) on the market in no fewer than six categories. That’s not even counting its best-in-class water fording abilities made possible by the Tremor Off-Road Package or its best-in-class toughness (which, by the way, is not really quantifiable but definitely just a thing Ford’s got cornered).
Here’s what you need to know
- Max diesel gooseneck towing up to 37,000 pounds with the 6.7-liter Power Stroke. That’s best-in-class.
- Max diesel fifth-wheel towing up to 32,500 pounds. Is that best-in-class? Sure is.
- Max conventional diesel towing up to 24,200 pounds. As the French say: meilleur de sa classe
- 475 horsepower and 1,050 lb-ft of torque — yes, that’s 1,050 lb-ft — with the 6.7-liter Power Stroke diesel V8. B E S T – I N – C L A S S
- 430 horsepower and 475 lb-ft of torque from the massive new 7.3-liter gas V8. Better believe that’s best-in-class.
- Max payload capacity of 7,850 pounds with the 6.2-liter gas V8. That one is actually just the second-best figure available because in fact hahaha just kidding that’s best-in-class, too.
Ford Trucks You Gotta Try: The 2019 Ford F-150 boasts plenty of best-in-class capabilities of its own
Ford announced the figures on Thursday at the State Fair of Texas. Appropriate, given that you need a big state and a big venue to talk about such a big TRUUUUUUUCK.
“Ford truck customers are building a better world with Super Duty and we’re helping them work even harder with the most available diesel towing, payload, torque and power you can get in a heavy-duty pickup,” said Mike Pruitt, Super Duty chief engineer. “We’re excited to be in the nation’s largest truck market at the State Fair of Texas announcing we’ve surpassed the kilotorque barrier and made it standard with every pickup truck featuring a Power Stroke diesel engine.”
Get ready to get all kinds of crazy with the 2020 Ford F-Series Super Duty, world-beater extraordinaire. It’ll be arriving by the end of 2019.
Speaking of Ridiculous Numbers: The 2020 Mustang Shelby GT500 gets a bonkers 760 horsepower
Richard Bazzy is the face of Shults Ford, the No. 1 Ford dealer in Pittsburgh and all of Pennsylvania. Known for his unique approach to selling cars and his penchant for cowboy hats, Richard runs Shults Ford of Harmarville, Shults Ford Lincoln of Wexford, and Shults Ford South. Visit his YouTube channel and see just how well Richard Bazzy can yee a haw.