Chevrolet Recounts Why the All-New Chevy Trax Wins
The all-new Chevy Trax launches early next year, bringing Chevy into the compact SUV segment full-force. The Trax is geared toward urban dwellers thanks to its impressive fuel economy (34 mpg on the highway) and innovative tech, like Siri Eyes Free and OnStar 4G LTE Wi-Fi. But it’s also designed for those in need of a versatile driver to take on frequent adventures.
“Chevrolet is making a huge inroads with small cars around the world and Trax is the latest example,” explained Steve Majoros, director of car marketing for Chevy. “It is the right vehicle at the right time in the U.S., building on Chevrolet’s strong SUV heritage with a package of features combining value, versatility, technology and maneuverability.”
To generate excitement for the Chevrolet Trax, the Bowtie Brand recently listed out 20 ways that the Trax stands out in its market, in four major categories: maneuverability, technology, value, and versatility.
Chevy Trax Maneuverability
- The Trax is powered by a 1.4-liter turbocharged EcoTec engine, good for 138 hp and 148 lb-ft of torque.
- The compact SUV features available all-wheel drive.
- It also boasts a 100.6-inch wheelbase and 60.6-inch stance.
- The all-new Chevy Trax features MacPherson-strut front suspension and compound crank rear suspension for agility.
- Oh, and did we mention it’s got a direct-acting, fuel-saving column-mounted electric power steering system? (Say that five times fast.)
Chevy Trax Technology
- At the core of the technology for the new Trax is the MyLink Infotainment system, which features a 7-inch-diagonal color touch screen.
- It’s also got OnStar with 4G LTE and a built-in Wi-Fi hotspot.
- And don’t forget Siri Eyes Free for anyone with an Apple product running on iOS 6 or later.
- The Trax also boasts a standard USB port that features MP3 playback/iPod music device support.
- Rounding out this technology powerhouse are the available BringGo navigation app and Sirius XM Satellite Radio.
Chevy Trax Value
- For starters, the all-new Chevy Trax starts at just $20,995 (MSRP).
- The Trax is offered in three trim levels: LS, LT, and LTZ.
- The all-wheel drive option mentioned above retails for just $1,500.
- The Trax offers a full lineup of safety features, including its best-in-class 10 standard airbags.
- Chevrolet also offers its Complete Care, which includes a number of multi-year warranties.
Chevy Trax Versatility
- The Trax is perfect for typical families, with enough seating for five.
- Chevrolet’s Trax offers a 60/40-split, flat-folding rear seat, as well as a segment-exclusive fold-flat front passenger seat.
- It also offers up to 48.4 cubic feet of cargo space.
- Not to mention, the Chevy Trax features 15 interior storage compartments, the most in the segment.
- Finally, the Trax is offered with a number of standard and dealer-available cargo management features.
Photo Source: GM
The News Wheel is a digital auto magazine providing readers with a fresh perspective on the latest car news. We’re located in the heart of America (Dayton, Ohio) and our goal is to deliver an entertaining and informative perspective on what’s trending in the automotive world. See more articles from The News Wheel.