Pour Some Out for the Champagne Silver Chevy Impala
If you’ve been dreaming of buying a Champagne Silver Metallic 2016 Chevy Impala, you may want to sit down for this. We’ve got some real bad news for you, pal…
That’s one of the six exterior colors that the Impala is ditching for the 2016 model year. It’s also saying goodbye to Autumn Bronze Metallic, Red Rock Metallic, Crystal Red Tintocoat, Ashen Gray Metallic, and Silver Topaz Metallic.
In exchange, Chevy is adding five new exterior color options: Siren Red Tintcoat, Citron Green Metallic, Heather Gray Metallic, Mosaic Black Metallic, and Green Envy Metallic.
On the inside, the 2016 Chevy Impala is also losing its Jet Black/Brownstone interior color combination, and the full-size sedan’s Leather Package apparently no longer utilizes sueded microfiber.
Other changes for the 2016 Impala include the addition of wireless device charging, the 2015 model’s 900 cold-cranking amps battery being reduced to an 800 cold-cranking amps battery, and a whole bunch of package-level changes.
You can read a detailed list of all of the changes coming to the 2016 Chevy Impala below:
- (G1F) Autumn Bronze Metallic exterior color
- (G7P) Red Rock Metallic exterior color
- (GBE) Crystal Red Tintcoat exterior color
- (GLJ) Ashen Gray Metallic exterior color
- (GWS) Silver Topaz Metallic exterior color
- (GWT) Champagne Silver Metallic exterior color
- (H0T) Jet Black/Brownstone interior
- (K3W) 900 cold-cranking amps battery
- (G1E) Siren Red Tintcoat exterior color (extra cost) (late availability)
- (GA1) Citron Green Metallic exterior color
- (GA6) Heather Gray Metallic exterior color
- (GB8) Mosaic Black Metallic exterior color (late availability)
- (GC8) Green Envy Metallic exterior color (extra cost)
- (K4C) Wireless Charging for devices
- (VQK) Front and rear splash guards, LPO
- (K4F) 800 cold-cranking amps battery
- Side Blind Zone Alert now includes Lane Change Alert and the RPO code is now (UKC)
- Package name changes:
- (PCN) LS Convenience to Protection Package
- (PCU) Advanced Safety to Driver Confidence Package
- (PCV) Premium Seating to Leather Package
- (PCX) Premium Audio and Sport Wheels to Technology Package
- (PCH) Comfort and Convenience to Enhanced Convenience Package
- (PCJ) Premium Audio to Advanced Technology Package
- (UE1) OnStar Directions and Connections plan for 6 months, changes to Guidance plan included for 6 months (trial excludes Hands-Free Calling minutes)
- CD player is now part of the (PCX) Technology Package, and standard on LTZ
- (PCV) Leather Package sueded microfiber changes to leather seating surfaces
The News Wheel is a digital auto magazine providing readers with a fresh perspective on the latest car news. We’re located in the heart of America (Dayton, Ohio) and our goal is to deliver an entertaining and informative perspective on what’s trending in the automotive world. See more articles from The News Wheel.