Texas Auto Writers Association Awards FCA US Brands Top Honors
Texas really likes Fiat Chrysler. A lot. The Texas Auto Writers Association (TAWA) recently held its annual Texas Truck Rodeo. During this rodeo, a variety of pickups, SUVs, crossovers, and commercial vehicles were put to the test. The goal? To determine which vehicles are built as tough as a Texan—and eight FCA US vehicles walked away with top honors.
The competition hosted 88 pickups, SUVs, crossovers, and commercial vehicles. To determine the winners, 69 TAWA members voted after putting each model through two days of on- and off-road vehicle evaluations. Each TAWA member considered everything from each vehicle’s style to their value, determining the models worthy of this prestigious award.
Here is a list of the winners and their awards:
- 2016 Ram 1500—Full-size Pickup Truck
- 2016 Ram 2500—Heavy Duty Pickup Truck
- 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee—Mid-size SUV
- 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit—Mid-size Luxury SUV
- 2016 Jeep Cherokee—Compact SUV
- 2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited—Off-Road Utility Vehicle
- 2015 Jeep Renegade—Compact Crossover Utility Vehicle
- 2015 Dodge Durango—Full-size SUV
Photos of the winners:
The News Wheel is a digital auto magazine providing readers with a fresh perspective on the latest car news. We’re located in the heart of America (Dayton, Ohio) and our goal is to deliver an entertaining and informative perspective on what’s trending in the automotive world. See more articles from The News Wheel.