Knight Rider’s KITT is Now a Talking Car Charger
Every child of the 1980s deep down wishes they could share snarky dialogue with their car just like Michael Knight and KITT did in the show Knight Rider. Most of them have probably found themselves talking to their car absentmindedly at one point. Thanks to the folks at ThinkGeek, now you too can tell KITT to shut up!
Did ThinkGeek modify a 1982 Pontiac Trans Am to talk a speed ahead with Turbo Boost? Well, no. They have, however, created a Knight Rider-themed car charger.
More Artificial Intelligence: Mitsubishi Robot Banker Hired at Tokyo Banks
The charger does more that charge your mobile devices. It speaks! Drivers who purchase the charger will be able to hear 11 programmed phrases straight from the voice of Knight Industries Two Thousand, better known as KITT. All of the phrases are read by William Daniels, the original voice actor of KITT.
The charger plugs into your car’s 12-volt power socket and can charge two devices by USB ports, each providing 1.0 Amp. The four-inch-tall device even includes pivoting arms so it can best fit your vehicle.
A streaming red light flows across the device, synced to KITT’s phrases. What does KITT say?
- I am Knight Industriess Two Thousand with a thousand megabits of memory and a 1 nanosecond access time.
- Anything you can think of, I’m sure I can perform.
- As a machine, I believe I’m quite fortunate not to have your human dependency upon oxygen for your survival.
- Next time you want something handled in a specific way, please be sure to tell me ahead of time.
- If it weren’t for me, you’d be walking.
If you get tired of KITT’s sass, you even have the option to mute him. Michael Knight probably wishes he had that option.
You can buy the charger for $29.99 on ThinkGeek’s website.
Silver-Screen Entertainment: Drive-In Theater Tips: Getting the Most Out of Your Experience