2015 Kia Sedona Overview
The 2015 Kia Sedona combines affordability with luxury, offering a variety of standard features for a lower price. With standard sliding seats and unbeatable connectivity, the 2015 Sedona makes it easy to become a soccer mom. Add the powerful 3.3-liter V6 engine and you won’t be bothered when it’s your turn to carpool.
Related: The History of Kia
[wptab name=”What’s New”]
What’s New for the 2015 Kia Sedona
The 2015 Kia Sedona minivan is getting upgrades across the board. With the 2015 model year comes a better body structure, powertrain, more safety and infotainment features, and a more flexible seating system.
The 2015 Kia Sedona Minivan is available in five trims: the L, LX, EX, SX, and Limited.
2015 Kia Sedona Photos:
2015 Kia Sedona Exterior
The 2015 Kia Sedona is about as family orientated as it gets. A clean front end appearance with a more upright Kia grille plus swept-back headlamps and LED running lamps to the sides makes for a welcoming appearance. Practicality took the lead in the Sedona minivan but it still looks good on the road.
2015 Kia Sedona Exterior Photos:
Exterior available on the L:
- Side mirrors with LED turn-signal indicators, body-color door handles, solar control glass, heated rear glass, front windshield wipers, rear wiper and washer, projector beam headlights, locking fuel-filler door, rear spoiler
Exterior available on the LX:
- Roof rails, power-folding mirrors, privacy glass, light strong LED positioning lights
Exterior available on the EX:
- Heated outside mirrors, fog lights, power sliding doors, auto light control, power height-adjustable liftgate, solar control glass, 18-inch silver alloy wheels
Exterior available on the SX:
- 18-inch machine alloy wheels, rear LED lights
Exterior available on the Limited:
- Optional high-intensity projector beam headlights, projector beam fog lights, chrome roof rails, jewel-type LED lights, 19-inch chrome wheels, chrome door handles, optional power sunroof for first and second rows
2015 Kia Sedona Performance
Powered by a 3.3-liter V6, the 2015 Kia Sedona isn’t exactly a powerhouse, nor is it meant to be. Packing 276 horsepower and 248 lb-ft of torque, the engine is surprisingly quiet behind layers of sound deadening material. Mated to a six speed automatic transmission, you won’t be passing everyone you see but you won’t be left in the dust either.
2015 Kia Sedona Efficiency
Minivans aren’t about fuel efficiency as much as they are about transporting cargo (kids included). As such, the EX, LX, and L trims all see 18 city/24 hwy mpg. The SX gets a bit higher in highway mileage, posting 18 city/25 hwy. The SX-L is the worst in terms of fuel economy, 17 city/22 hwy mpg.
2015 Kia Sedona Interior
The Kia Sedona minivan’s interior got an update in the form of a horizontal instrument panel with a glossy black trim. Soft touch materials cover most of the upper dash and door trim. Fine detail from higher end models, like the K900, made their way into the 2015 Sedona, both setting it apart but remaining comfortable. Seating for seven, anyone?
2015 Kia Sedona Interior Photos:
Interior available on the L:
- 8 cup holders, power door locks, steering-wheel-mounted controls for audio, tricot fabric trim seats, 17-inch alloy wheels, remote keyless entry, hands-free phone and cruise control buttons, tilt and telescopic steering column, power windows, 50/50-split folding third-row seats, sliding second-row seats
- CD/MP3 player, Bluetooth® Wireless, USB, back-up warning system, AM/FM radio, SiriusXM Satellite Radio**, 12-volt power outlets, 4 speakers, auxiliary input jack
Interior available on the LX:
- Power lumbar support driver’s seat, optional second- and third-row window sunshades, optional second-row center armrest with cup holders
- UVO eServices infotainment system, backup camera
Interior available on the EX:
- Push-button start, automatic climate control, auto-dimming mirror, cooling glove box, power windows, utility flashlight, second- and third-row window sunshades
- USB 2.1 charger ports, backup camera, 3.5-inch Meter Cluster display, optional Blind-Spot Detection System, optional Red Cross Traffic Alert, UVO infotainment system
Interior available on the SX:
- Driving modes, optional second-row center armrest, carpeted floor mats, optional 3-passenger second-row seating
- Rear Cross Traffic Alert, Infinity surround sound system, Sirius Traffic, 110-volt power inverter, voice-activated navigation with 8-inch screen, UVO eServices, 3.5-inch Supervision Meter Cluster, Blind-Spot Detection System
Interior available on the Limited:
- Lane Departure Warning System (optional), wood-style trim front doors, heated steering wheel, leather-wrapped steering wheel, Forward Collision Warning System (optional), Premium leather trim, first-class lounge seating, Advanced Smart Cruise Control (optional)
- 3-5-inch Meter Cluster, surround view monitor, Parking Assist, Optional 110-volt power inverter
2015 Kia Sedona Safety
Built on 76% high strength steel, the 2015 Kia Sedona has already earned great crash test scores. With five-star ratings from both the NHTSA and IIHS (as well as “Top Safety Pick”), the 2015 Sedona is a vehicle that will give you peace of mind on the road. Standard safety features include Bluetooth, brake assist, hill start assist, cornering brake control, and stability control. Optional features include a rearview camera (LX trim) and surround-view cameras (SX-Limited trim). A must-have on any minivan, rear child safety locks will let you focus on the driving.
Standard Safety Features:
- Airbags: front, front sides, and side curtain
- Electronic stability control
- Traction control
- 4-wheel antilock disc brakes
- Child safety door locks
- Tire-pressure monitoring system
- Rollover Mitigation
- Brake Assist System
Related: Buying vs. Leasing
The News Wheel is a digital auto magazine providing readers with a fresh perspective on the latest car news. We’re located in the heart of America (Dayton, Ohio) and our goal is to deliver an entertaining and informative perspective on what’s trending in the automotive world. See more articles from The News Wheel.