2016 Audi A6 Overview
The 2016 Audi A6 has been taking Europe by storm in the 2015 model year, and now it’s our turn in the United States. This technologically advanced sedan is ready to impress you. Are you ready to take a leap from mediocre to luxury?
[wptab name=”What’s New”]
What’s New for the 2016 Audi A6?
The 2016 Audi A6 improves upon the previous generation’s perfection. On the exterior, minor modifications such as a sharpened grille, an additional chrome stripe on the trunk lid, different exhaust pipes, and a new front bumper refine the overall shape.
The navigation and entertainment systems have been improved with faster graphics and better integration with drivers alerts such as lane departure warnings.
For 2016, there will be three engine options available in the United States, one of which is a diesel option. The gasoline engines have a seven-speed dual-clutch transmission, and the diesel has an eight-speed conventional automatic, which removes the CVT transmission from the previous generation.
2016 Audi A6 Photos:
2016 Audi A6 Exterior
The base trim level of this model, the 2016 Audi A6 Premium, comes with Xenon plus headlights with daytime running lights, chrome side window and windshield trim, and 18-inch 5-V spoke wheels. Higher trim levels offer options such as power-adjustable and auto-dimming heated exterior side mirrors with memory and folding capabilities and a power trunk.
The 2016 Audi A6 is available in a variety of colors: Aviator Blue Metallic, Brilliant Black, Dakota Gray Metallic, Glacier White Metallic, Havanna Black Metallic, Ibis White, Moonlight Blue Metallic, Oolong Gray Metallic, Mythos Black, Florett Silver Metallic, Tornado Gray Metallic, and Quartz Gray Metallic.
Exterior available on the Premium:
- Xenon plus headlights with LED daytime running lights and LED taillights, 18-inch 5-V Spoke wheels, Chrome side window and windshield trim
Exterior available on the Premium Plus:
- Power-adjustable and auto-dimming heated exterior side mirrors with memory and folding capabilities, Xenon plus headlights with LED daytime running lights and LED taillights, 18-inch 5-V Spoke wheels, Chrome side window and windshield trim
Exterior available on the Prestige:
- Full LED headlights, Power Trunk, Power-adjustable and auto-dimming heated exterior side mirrors with memory and folding capabilities, 18-inch 5-V Spoke wheels, Chrome side window and windshield trim
2016 Audi A6 Performance
The 2016 Audi A6 is available with three different engines: a turbocharged 2.0-liter TFSI inline-4 DOHC 16-valve with valvelift system, a supercharged 3.0-liter TFSI six-cylinder DOHC 24-valve with variable valve timing, and a turbocharged 3.0-liter TDI six-cylinder DOHC 24-valve.
Two transmissions are also available on the Audi A6: a seven-speed S tronic® dual-clutch transmission with front wheel drive, or an eight-speed Tiptronic® automatic transmission with quattro® all-wheel drive.
2016 Audi A6 Efficiency
The 2016 Audi A6 does its best to save drivers at the pump with its fuel efficiency. The 2016 Audi A6 Premium trim level has an estimated 28 mpg combined, and the Audi A6 Premium Plus has an estimated 26 mpg combined. Finally, the Audi A6 Prestige has an estimated 24 mpg combined. With the diesel turbocharged 3.0-liter TDI six-cylinder DOHC 24-valve option, you can also go more miles with fewer fill-ups than ever before.
2016 Audi A6 Interior
The interior of the Audi A6 is all about your comfort. Leather seats are standard, even on the base trim level. Also included with the Audi A6 Premium trim level is Dual Zone Front Auto A/C, a heated driver’s seat, and 60-40 folding bench.
Inside, the cabin offers great entertainment features, such as standard Siri® Eyes Free that will keep your eyes on the road where they belong. Other available features include Audi Dre Sense® and Remote Keyless Entry. For those times when you’re on the go and wanting to avoid traffic, some trim levels of the Audi A6 include INRIX XD® Traffic.
Interior color options include Black leather, Nougat Brown leather, Flint Gray leather, Atlas Beige leather, Black Valcona leather, Nougat Brown Valcona leather, Flint Gray Valcona leather, and Atlas Beige Valcona leather. Drivers can also choose their decorative inlays: Dark Brown Walnut, Grain Ash Natural Brown Wood, Layered Walnut Wood, and Fine Grain Ash Brass Gray Natural Wood.
Interior available on the Premium:
- 18-inch 5-V Spoke wheels, Chrome side window and windshield trim, Xenon plus headlights with LED daytime running lights and LED taillights
- Audi Dre Sense® basic, Remote Keyless Entry and Push Start with Proximity Key, Siri® Eyes Free
Interior available on the Premium Plus:
- 60-40 Folding Bench Front Facing/Seatback Rear, Dual Zone Front Auto A/C , Heated comfort seats with driver power lumbar adjust and memory, Leather seating, Three-spoke multifunction steering wheel with shift paddles
- Siri® Eyes Free, Remote Keyless Entry and Push Start with Proximity Key, MMI® navigation plus with voice control system, Audi Dre Sense® basic, Parking system plus with rear view camera (front and rear sensors), INRIX XD® Traffic, MMI® touch with handwriting-recognition technology
Interior available on the Prestige:
- Ventilated front seating, Three-spoke multifunction steering wheel with shift paddles, Dual Zone Front Auto A/C , Heated comfort seats with driver power lumbar adjust and memory, 60-40 Folding Bench Front Facing/Seatback Rear
- Parking system plus with rear view camera (front and rear sensors), Head-up display with navigation and assistance systems, Remote Keyless Entry and Push Start with Proximity Key, BOSE® Surround Sound System with 14 speakers, Siri® Eyes Free, AudioPilot® noise-compensation and 630 watts
2016 Audi A6 Safety
Shoppers considering the 2016 Audi A6 will be happy to know that it comes well-equipped with standard safety features, such as dual-stage airbags, Night Vision Assistant, and Audi Side Assist Sensors.
Standard Safety Features
- Corner View/Top View camera system
- Night Vision Assistant with infrared technology
- Audi Side Assist sensors with Adaptive Cruise Control
- In-mirror turn signal indicator
- Dual-stage airbags
- Low Tire Pressure Warning
- Forward Collision
- Electronic Stability Control
- Front and Rear Fog Lamps
- 2015 IIHS Top Safety Pick+
The News Wheel is a digital auto magazine providing readers with a fresh perspective on the latest car news. We’re located in the heart of America (Dayton, Ohio) and our goal is to deliver an entertaining and informative perspective on what’s trending in the automotive world. See more articles from The News Wheel.