2016 Audi Q3 Overview
The Audi Q3 has been refreshed for the 2016 model year, and it is truly a handsome vehicle. As the smallest crossover in Audi’s American lineup, the vehicle has to carefully balance being a helpful workhouse while still being luxuriously refined. With cutting-edge tech coupled with creature comforts like leather seats and a quiet ride. The powerful 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine will also ensure that the ride is just as much fun as you would expect from any other Audi.
[wptab name=”What’s New”]
What’s New for the 2016 Audi Q3?
The 2016 Audi Q3 comes with a refreshed grille and headlights and more standard features, including parking sensors and a rearview camera.
2016 Audi Q3 Photos:
2016 Audi Q3 Exterior
The 2016 Audi Q3 combines luxury and performance in an elegant way. You can tell at a single glance that this is a car with composed handling and no small amount of attitude should you drive with a heavy foot. The big, modern grille instantly catches your eye as it comes around the corner while the sporty dual exhaust outlets and sporty taillights keep you watching long after it has gone past.
2016 Audi Q3 Photos:
Exterior available on the 2016 Audi Q3 Premium Plus:
- LED daytime running lamps, Singleframe® grille, heated windshield washer nozzles, Xenon plus headlights,power-adjustable heated exterior mirrors, LED taillights, dual exhaust outlet, tailgate spoiler,rear privacy glass, front and rear fog lights
Additional exterior available on the 2016 Audi Q3 Prestige:
- Xenon plus headlights, Singleframe® grille, aluminum roof rails, power tailgate, tailgate spoiler, aluminum trim around exterior windows, rear privacy glass
2016 Audi Q3 Performance
Under the hood of the 2016 Audi Q3 is a single engine: a turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder that produces 200 horsepower and 207 lb-ft of torque. The torque curve is especially well distributed, which means you’ll be feeling the engine kick with all its might across nearly the entire RPM band. Front-wheel-drive is standard, but Audi’s signature Quattro all-wheel-drive system is optional. In all cases, a six-speed S tronic automatic is the only transmission of choice.
2016 Audi Q3 Efficiency
The standard 2016 Audi Q3 gets 20/29/23 MPG city/highway/combined while the AWD version gets 20/28/23 mpg combined.
2016 Audi Q3 Interior
Despite being one of the most affordable crossovers in the automaker’s lineup, the 2016 Audi Q3 features an interior that oozes quality and sharp design. The overall theme is unquestionably sporty, with large primary instruments a center stack canted toward the driver, and most of the controls are both easy to use and easy to reach. Seating is up to five, and with the rear seats folded down, cargo space expands to a fairly generous 48 cubic feet.
Interior available on the 2016 Audi Q3 Premium Plus
- Interior Features: Multifunction steering wheel, dual zone automatic climate control, leather seating surfaces, illuminated locking glove box, power windows with pinch protection and one touch up and down, panoramic sunroof, ambient LED interior lighting, heated front seats, 12 volt power outlets, folding and sliding center armrest with height adjustment
- Technology Features: HD Radio, Audi concert radio with 10 speakers, single CD player, driver information system, rain/light sensor for automatic windshield wipers and headlights, cruise control, iPod integration, Bluetooth, Audi advanced key with keyless start, stop and entry, SD card slot
Additional interior available on the 2016 Audi Q3 Prestige
- Interior Features: Dual zone automatic climate control, heated front seats, leather-wrapped shift knob, panoramic sunroof, power windows with one-touch up and down and pinch protectors, multifunction steering wheel, 12 volt power outlets, stainless steel trunk sill and door sills, leather seats
- Technology Features: Audi side assist, Audi connect, BOSE surround sound system with 14 speakers, HD Radio, color driver information system, SiriusXM, Bluetooth, SD card slot, parking system plus with rear view camera with front and rear sensors, MMi navigation plus with voice control system, automatic windshield wipers and headlights
2016 Audi Q3 Safety
The 2016 Audi Q3 comes standard with front side airbags, side curtain airbags, stability control, traction control, front and rear parking sensors, and a rearview camera, with optional blind-spot monitoring technology. It was named a Top Safety Pick by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS).
Standard Safety Features
- Lower Anchors and Tethers for Children (LATCH)
- Driver and front passenger dual-stage airbags, front thorax side airbags, knee airbags, and Sideguard head curtain airbags, plus front passenger occupant detection and power central locking system with safety unlock feature if airbags deploy
- Electromechanical parking brake
- Safety belt reminder for driver and front passenger
- Anti-lock Brake System with Electronic brake-pressure distribution and Brake Assist
- Anti-theft alarm system with immobilizer
- Electronic stability control and Traction Control
You Can’t See Me! Check out how the camouflage on test vehicles works
The News Wheel is a digital auto magazine providing readers with a fresh perspective on the latest car news. We’re located in the heart of America (Dayton, Ohio) and our goal is to deliver an entertaining and informative perspective on what’s trending in the automotive world. See more articles from The News Wheel.