2016 Audi S8 Plus Overview
The 2016 Audi S8 Plus is an all-wheel drive performance sedan with a starting MSRP of $114,900. The Audi S8 Plus provides lightning-fast acceleration, nimble handling, and a sophisticated interior. The new Audi S8 Plus competes in the same segment as the Porsche Panamera and Jaguar XJR Sedan.
Celebrity Rides: You won’t believe these 5 stars drive bright pink cars
[wptab name=”What’s New”]
What’s New for the 2016 Audi S8 Plus?
The 2016 Audi S8 Plus features 85 more horsepower than last year’s model. Additionally, the Audi S8 Plus now comes standard with a rear lip spoiler and an upgraded sport-tuned adaptive air suspension.
2016 Audi S8 Plus Photos:
2016 Audi S8 Plus Exterior
The 2016 Audi S8 Plus features a sleek and modern design, which somewhat disguises the power hidden underneath the hood. The Audi S8 Plus comes standard with a full LED lighting system, 21-inch alloy wheels, and a sunroof. A Dynamic Package is also available for the new S8 Plus that offers a carbon-fiber rear lip spoiler and sport exhaust. Exterior color options include Ibis White, Brilliant Black, Monsoon Gray metallic, Florett Silver metallic, Cuvee Silver metallic, Moonlight Blue metallic, Daytona Gray pearl, Havanna Black metallic, Oolong Gray metallic, and Mythos Black metallic.
2016 Audi S8 Plus Photos:
Exterior available on the 2016 Audi S8 Plus
- Platinum Gray Singleframe® grille, Full LED headlights, Automatic headlights, High-beam assistant, LED taillights and rear fog lights, Power-adjustable/power-folding/auto-dimming/heated exterior side mirrors with memory, Headlight washing system, S model quad exhaust outlets, Aluminum-optic exterior side mirror housings, Power trunk with hands-free release, Rear lip spoiler, LED turn-indicator lights integrated into the exterior side mirrors, Heated windshield washer nozzles, S model specific front/rear fasciae and side sills, Power-soft closing doors, Aluminum-optic front/rear twin-blade fins
2016 Audi S8 Plus Performance
The 2016 Audi S8 Plus comes equipped with a twin-turbocharged 4.0-liter V8 engine and eight-speed automatic transmission, which combine to produce 605 horsepower and 517 lb-ft of torque. The new Audi S8 Plus can rocket from 0 to 60 mph in less than four seconds and the vehicle is capable of a top track speed of 190 mph. The S8 Plus is also available with Audi ceramic brakes.
2016 Audi S8 Plus Efficiency
The 2016 Audi S8 Plus yields EPA-estimated fuel economy of 16 mpg in the city and 26 mpg on the highway. Additionally, the Audi S8 Plus comes with a 21.7 gallon fuel tank.
2016 Audi S8 Plus Interior
The 2016 Audi S8 Plus offers plenty of leg room and it utilizes only the finest materials. The Audi S8 Plus comes standard with four-zone climate control, diamond-stitched leather upholstery, and Audi’s Multi Media Interface (MMI) infotainment system. The trunk of the new S8 Plus offers 14.2-cubic feet of storage space.
2016 Audi S8 Plus Interior Photos:
Interior available on the 2016 Audi S8 Plus
- Four-zone automatic climate control, Three-spoke multifunction sport steering wheel with shift paddles (with S8 badging), Power tilt and telescopic adjustable steering column, Power windows with one-touch up/down operation and pinch protection, Decorative interior inlays, Black Alcantara® headliner, Sunroof, Dual-pane acoustic glass, Power rear side and rear sunshades, Ambient LED interior lighting plus, Shift lever with Carbon Atlas inlay, Valcona leather interior, 22-way power front sport/comfort seats including power lumbar adjustment/ventilation/massage-function/memory/diamond-stitching, Heated front seats, Front and rear comfort headrests, Extended Leather package (includes airbag cap/center console/door armrests and pulls), MMI® navigation plus with voice control, MMI® touch with handwriting-recognition technology, Audi connect® with six-month trial subscription, BOSE® Surround Sound System with 14 speakers, AudioPilot® noise compensation and 630 watts, 7-inch color driver information system, HD Radio™ Technology, SiriusXM® Satellite Radio with 90-day trial subscription, SiriusXM® Traffic with four-year subscription, SD card slot with 32GB operating capacity (dual slots), Audi music interface with iPod® integration, BLUETOOTH® wireless technology preparation for compatible mobile phones, BLUETOOTH® streaming audio for compatible devices, Garage door opener (HomeLink®), Audi advanced key — keyless start/stop/entry, In-dash DVD player, Parking system plus with rear view camera (front and rear acoustic parking sensors), Top and corner view camera system, Audi side assist and Audi pre sense® rear, Head-up display with navigation information, Audi drive select, Rain/light sensor for automatic windshield wipers and headlights
2016 Audi S8 Plus Safety
The 2016 S8 Plus offers advanced safety features such as Audi side assist, which utilizes radar sensors and visual warnings to notify the driver of another vehicle in his or her blind spot. The Audi S8 Plus also offers night vision assist technology, as well as top view camera system. The former uses an infrared camera and thermal-imaging technology to help the driver see further at night, while the later provides additional vantage points to help the driver when parking or pulling out into traffic.
Standard Safety Features
- Driver and front passenger dual-stage airbags, thorax side airbags, knee airbags and Sideguard® head curtain airbags
- Electromechanical parking brake
- Rear-passenger thorax side airbags
- Lower Anchors and Tethers for Children (LATCH) in rear seats
- Front passenger occupant detection—for airbags
- Safety belt reminder for driver and front passenger
- Power central locking system with safety unlock feature if airbags deploy
- Tire pressure monitoring system
- Anti-lock Brake System (ABS) with secondary collision brake assist and Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD) and brake assist
- Electronic Stability Control (ESC) with traction control (ASR)
Fact or Fiction: Does Drake actually own a Maybach 62S worth more than $1 million?
The News Wheel is a digital auto magazine providing readers with a fresh perspective on the latest car news. We’re located in the heart of America (Dayton, Ohio) and our goal is to deliver an entertaining and informative perspective on what’s trending in the automotive world. See more articles from The News Wheel.