2016 Chevrolet Colorado Overview
Fresh from the Chevrolet Colorado’s 2015 Motor Trend Truck of the Year win, the 2016 Chevrolet Colorado is ready to continue to impress shoppers and critics alike. This smaller truck has a mighty heart, and it great for city driving or a trip away from it all.
The 2016 Chevrolet Colorado is available in four distinct trim levels: The Colorado, Colorado WT, Colorado LT, and Colorado Z71. It is also available in 2WD or 4WD and three body styles: Extended Cab, Long Box; Crew Cab, Short Box; and Crew Cab, Long Box (but the base model is only available with Extended Cab, Long Box 2WD).
What’s New for the 2016 Chevrolet Colorado?
The Chevrolet Colorado was brand new for the 2015 model year, so there have been a few tweaks moving into 2016. The main difference is the availability of the 2.8-liter Duramax turbo-diesel engine option that will be offered for the first time on the LT and Z71 Crew Cab models, with either 2WD or 4WD. The Chevy Colorado will also be available with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay to allow for easier integration with your mobile phone.
2016 Chevrolet Colorado Photos:
2016 Chevrolet Colorado Exterior
The 2016 Chevrolet Colorado is a small pickup truck, but it has many of the style elements of the larger Chevy trucks, such as its stance and prominent trim graphics. From the grille proudly bearing the Chevy bowtie, sleek lines flow over the truck to give the whole vehicle a more aerodynamic shape than its bigger truck counterparts. The Chevrolet Colorado is also available in fun colors, like Rainforest Green Metallic and Red Hot.
2016 Chevrolet Colorado Exterior Photos:
Exterior available on Colorado:
- Black tailgate handle, CornerStep rear bumper, 16-inch all-season blackwall tires, Black beltine moldings, 16-inch Ultra Silver Metallic steel wheels, Black manual-folding outside mirrors, 18-inch compact spare tire, Rear chrome bumper, Daytime running lamps, Cargo box light, Black door handles, Locking tailgate, Halogen headlamps with automatic exterior lamp control
Exterior available on Colorado WT:
- Same as base model
Exterior available on Colorado LT:
- Body-color door handles; Chrome beltline moldings; 17-inch Blade Silver Metallic steel wheels; Power-adjustable, manual-folding, body-color outside mirrors with spotter mirror; 17-inch all-season blackwall tires; Rear body-color bumper
Exterior available on Colorado Z71:
- Black beltline moldings, Projector-type headlamps, Spare P265/70R 16 all-season blackwall tire, Sliding rear window, EZ-Lift and Lower tailgate, 17-inch all-terrain blackwall tires, Front recovery hooks, 16-inch steel spare wheel, 17-inch Dark Argent metallic cast aluminum wheels, Fog lamps
2016 Chevrolet Colorado Performance
The 2016 Chevrolet Colorado is powered by three engine options. On the Colorado, Colorado WT, and Colorado LT, a 2.5-liter I-4 engine is standard. It achieves 200 horsepower and 191 lb-ft of torque. A 3.6-liter V6 engine is standard on the Chevrolet Colorado Z71 and an option on the Colorado LT and Colorado WT. It has 305 horsepower and 269 lb-ft of torque. For 2016, the 2.8-liter Duramax turbo-diesel engine option is available on LT and Z71 Crew Cab models with 2WD or 4WD.
The Chevrolet Colorado is available with six-speed manual or six-speed automatic transmissions depending on your engine type, body style, and trim level.
2016 Chevrolet Colorado Efficiency
Driving a smaller truck has many benefits, including improved fuel efficiency. The EPA estimates vary based on engine and transmission choice, but the base Chevrolet Colorado with manual transmission is estimated to get 19 mpg city and 26 mpg highway. The 2016 Chevrolet Colorado Z71 achieves 18 city mpg and 26 highway mpg with its V6 engine.
2016 Chevrolet Colorado Interior
Driving a truck doesn’t mean that you’re not entitled to the same interior perks as smaller vehicles. USB ports make it easy to share your music with the whole cabin, and some trim levels are also equipped with multi-color driver information displays. OnStar with 4G LTE and built-in Wi-Fi are also available to help keep you and your team connected on the go.
2016 Chevrolet Colorado Interior Photos:
Interior available on Colorado:
- 4-way power driver’s seat, Monocolor driver information display, 2-way manual passenger seat, Full-length Black vinyl floor covering, Interior center dome light, Front bucket seats, Power windows, Power door locks, Single-zone manual air conditioning
- USB port on instrument panel, AM/FM stereo with 4.2-inch-diagonal color display, 6-speaker audio system
Interior available on Colorado WT:
- Carpeted front and rear floor mats, Dual rear seats with underseat storage, Color-keyed floor carpeting
Interior available on Colorado LT:
- Overhead console, Rear window defogger, Leather-wrapped steering wheel, 2 USB charging ports on rear center console, Dual reading interior lighting, Multi-color driver information display, Steering-wheel-mounted audio controls, Inside rearview mirror with auto-dimming
- OnStar Basic Plan for five years, OnStar Guidance Plan for six months, Remote keyless entry, USB port in center console, Cruise control, Chevrolet MyLink® Radio with 8-inch-diagonal color touchscreen with IntelliLink, OnStar with 4G LTE and built-in Wi-Fi, SiriusXM Satellite Radio
Additional or Replacement Interior Features on Colorado Z71
- Remote vehicle start, Auto-dimming inside rearview mirror, Single-zone automatic air conditioning, 4-way power front passenger seat, Electric rear-window defogger, Power driver seat with lumbar support, Heated driver and front passenger seats
- Off-road suspension, Hill Descent Control, Automatic locking rear differential
2016 Chevrolet Colorado Safety
The latest Chevy Colorado is equipped with many standard safety features to keep you and your family safe. From StabiliTrak® stability control, to tire pressure monitoring, and an array of airbags, you can drive knowing that your Chevy is truly prepared to handle the road ahead.
Standard Safety Features:
- StabiliTrak® stability control
- Rear Vision Camera
- Electronic traction control
- Duralife™ 4-wheel antilock disc brakes
- Daytime running lamps
- Hill descent mode
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System
- Front air bags
- Head curtain and seat-mounted side-impact air bags
- Dual-stage air bags