2016 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Overview
Coming equipped with a 455 hp V8 engine, the 2016 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray is one of the most affordable performance cars on the market with a starting MSRP of just $56,395. This RWD vehicle also comes with a Bose premium nine-speaker sound system and rearview camera for even more excitement and luxury.
The 2016 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray is offered in three trim levels: 1LT, 2LT, and 3LT. Each trim level is also available with the Z51 Performance Package and the choice of a coupe or convertible body.
[wptab name=”What’s New”]
What’s New for the 2016 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray?
For the 2016 model year, the Chevy Stingray comes with new features such as Magnetic Ride Control and Apple CarPlay capabilities through the 8-inch diagonal Chevrolet MyLink color touchscreen. The new Stingray also adds a power-closing trunk, as well as a flat-bottom steering wheel.
2016 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Photos:
2016 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Exterior
The exterior of the 2016 Corvette Stingray coupe and convertible both offer the unique lines and curves that Corvette is so famous for. The convertible model features a fully electronic drop top that can be lowered even when traveling at speeds of up to 30 mph. Additionally, the new Stingray comes standard with 18-inch aluminum wheels and HID headlamps. Exterior color options for the 2016 Stingray include Black, Arctic White, Torch Red, Blade Silver Metallic, Shark Gray Metallic, Night Race Blue Metallic, Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Laguna Blue Tintcoat, Long Beach Red Metallic, and Corvette Racing Yellow Tintcoat.
2016 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Exterior Photos:
Exterior available on the 2016 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray 1LT
- 18-inch aluminum wheels, Rear-opening hood, Removable carbon fiber roof panel, LED Daytime Running Lamps, HID headlamps, Heated power-adjustable side view mirrors
Exterior available on the 2016 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray 2LT
- Adds to or replaces features on 1LT: Heated power-adjustable side view mirrors with auto-dimming
Exterior available on the 2016 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray 3LT
- Includes the same exterior features as the 2LT.
2016 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Performance
The 2016 Chevy Corvette Stingray comes with 6.2-liter V8 engine and the choice of either a seven-speed manual or eight-speed automatic transmission, but whichever configuration you choose, the new Stingray is good for at least 455 horsepower and 460 lb-ft of torque. Furthermore, the 2016 Corvette Stingray can accelerate from 0 to 60 mph in just 3.7 seconds, according to Chevrolet’s official web site.
2016 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Efficiency
Fuel efficiency for the 2016 Chevrolet Stingray is dependent on whether this GM sports car is equipped with a seven-speed manual or eight-speed automatic transmission.
- The 2016 Stingray yields 17/20 mpg city/highway with the manual transmission.
- The 2016 Stingray yields 16/29 mpg city/highway with the automatic transmission.
The 2016 Chevy Stingray comes standard with an 18 gallon fuel tank.
2016 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Interior
One of the only glaring downsides of the 2016 Chevy Stingray is the fact that it only allows two people to enjoy this classic performance car at any one time. The new Stingray comes standard with a Grand Touring seat, but it is also available with a Competition Sport seat, both of which use a lightweight magnesium frame to provide the finest support. The new Vette also offers Apple CarPlay compatibility, as well as OnStar 4G LTE with built-in WiFi hotspot.
2016 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Interior Photos:
Interior available on the 2016 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray 1LT
- 8-inch color touchscreen, GT bucket seats, Perforated Mulan leather upholstery, leather-wrapped steering wheel, Steering-wheel-mounted controls, Keyless Access with push button start, Chevrolet MyLink Radio, AM/FM radio, Bluetooth® audio streaming, Voice-activated technology, Apple CarPlay, Bose premium 9-speaker system, SiriusXM Satellite Radio, OnStar 4G LTE with built-in WiFi hotspot, USB ports, Auxiliary jack
Interior available on the 2016 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray 2LT
- Adds to or replaces features on 1LT: Auto-dimming rearview mirror, Power seat adjusters, Power lumbar support, Heated seats, Cargo net, Head-Up Display, Memory Package, Universal Home Remote, Luggage shade, Bose premium 10-speaker system, Front curb-view cameras
Interior available on the 2016 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray 3LT
- Adds to or replaces features as the 2LT: Custom Leather Wrapped Interior Package, Sueded Microfiber-Wrapped Upper Interior Trim Package, Performance data and video recorder, Chevrolet MyLink with Navigation
2016 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Safety
The 2016 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray has not undergone testing for either the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety or the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. The 2016 Corvette Stingray does offer a head-up display that projects information onto the vehicle’s windshield, which allows the driver to keep to his or her eyes on the road. In addition, the new Corvette Stingray also features OnStar Automatic Crash Response, which uses the sport car’s GPS system to alert first responders of the vehicles’ exact location if there’s a bad accident.
Standard Safety Features
- Rear Vision Camera
- Traction control
- Frontal and side-impact airbags
- OnStar Basic plan for five years
- Driver and front passenger airbags with Passenger Sensing System
- OnStar Guidance plan for six months
- Active handling stability control
Which Chevy Is Better? See how the 2016 ‘Vette matches up against the ’15 model
The News Wheel is a digital auto magazine providing readers with a fresh perspective on the latest car news. We’re located in the heart of America (Dayton, Ohio) and our goal is to deliver an entertaining and informative perspective on what’s trending in the automotive world. See more articles from The News Wheel.