2016 Chevrolet Malibu Overview
The 2016 Chevrolet Malibu is a midsize sedan with a starting MSRP of $22,500. Highlights of the 2016 Malibu include a 250-horsepower turbo engine, a brilliantly restyled exterior, and an improved Chevrolet MyLink infotainment system that’s now compatible with both Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. The 2016 Chevrolet Malibu competes in the same segment as the Honda Accord, Toyota Camry, and Hyundai Sonata.
The 2016 Chevrolet Malibu comes in five trims: L, LS, 1LT, 2LT, and Premier.
[wptab name=”What’s New”]
What’s new for the 2016 Chevrolet Malibu?
The Chevy Malibu is all-new for the 2016 model year, and because of its design changes, the 2016 Malibu weighs approximately 300 pounds less than last year’s model. In addition, the new Malibu is longer than than last year’s version by 2 inches overall, and its wheelbase has grown larger by 4 inches.
2016 Chevrolet Malibu Photos:
2016 Chevrolet Malibu Exterior
The Chevrolet Malibu has been restyled for 2016 and it now features a bolder and sportier exterior that reminds many of the larger Chevy Impala. With elegant lines and well-designed coves featured in the door, it’s safe to say the 2016 Malibu will be turning heads on the highway. Exterior color options for the all-new Malibu include Autumn Bronze Metallic, Summit White, Blue Velvet Metallic, Silver Ice Metallic, Butte Red Metalllic, Nightfall Gray Metallic, Champagne Silver Metallic, Mosaic Black Metallic, Crystal Red Tintcoat, and Iridescent Pearl Tricoat.
2016 Chevrolet Malibu Exterior Photos:
Exterior available on the 2016 Chevrolet Malibu L
- 16-inch steel wheels with cover, P205/65R 16-inch all-season, blackwall tires, Compact spare tire T125/80R16, Halogen headlamps, Laminated acoustic glass, Outside power-adjustable and manual-folding mirrors, Daytime Running Lamps
Exterior available on the 2016 Chevrolet Malibu LS
- Adds to or replaces features on Malibu L: Automatic on and off headlamp control, 16-inch aluminum wheels, Black antenna
Exterior available on the 2016 Chevrolet Malibu 1LT
- Adds to or replaces features on Malibu LS: 17-inch aluminum wheels, P225/55R17 all-season blackwall tires, Outside heated power-adjustable/body-color/manual-folding mirrors, Exterior Daytime Running Lamps, Body-color antenna
Exterior available on the 2016 Chevrolet Malibu 2LT
- Adds to or replaces features on Malibu 1LT: 18-inch aluminum wheels, 245/45R 18-inch all-season blackwall tires, Sual stainless-steel exhaust with polished tips, IntelliBeam automatic high-beam headlamps
Exterior available on the 2016 Chevrolet Malibu Premier
- Adds to or replaces features on Malibu 2LT: 19-inch aluminum wheels, P245/40R 19-inch all-season blackwall tires, LED tail lamps, Chrome door handles, Bright sill plates
2016 Chevrolet Malibu Performance
There are two engines available for the 2016 Chevrolet Malibu. The L, LS, and 1LT trims all come standard with a 1.5-liter turbocharged four-cylinder and six-speed automatic transmission, which work together to produce 160 horsepower and 184 lb-ft of torque. The 2LT and Premier trims feature a more powerful 2.0-liter turbocharged four-cylinder and eight-speed automatic transmission, which create 250 horsepower and 258 lb-ft of torque.
2016 Chevrolet Malibu Efficiency
Fuel economy for the 2016 Chevy Malibu is dependent on which engine is featured in the sedan:
- Malibu models equipped with the 1.5-liter engine yield 27 mpg in the city and 37 mpg on the highway.
- Malibu models equipped with the 2.0-liter engine yield 22 mpg in the city and 33 mpg on the highway.
The 2016 Chevrolet Malibu comes standard with a 13 gallon fuel tank.
2016 Chevrolet Malibu Interior
The 2016 Chevrolet Malibu offers a comfortable and stylish interior. A rearview camera comes on every model except the L trim. The 2016 Malibu also features the new and improved Chevrolet MyLink Infotainment system with a 7-inch touchscreen. The updated MyLink system is now compatibility with both Android Auto and Apple CarPlay, and also includes Bluetooth and USB ports.
2016 Chevrolet Malibu Interior Photos:
Interior available on the 2016 Chevrolet Malibu L
- Front bucket seats, Driver six-way manual seat adjuster, Front passenger six-way manual seat adjuster, Rear 60/40 split-folding seats, Rear center armrest with cupholders, Carpeted front and rear floor mats, Three-spoke steering wheel, Steering wheel mounted controls for audio/phone/cruise, Power windows with Express-Down on all, Single-zone electronic air conditioning, Electric rear window defogger
Interior available on the 2016 Chevrolet Malibu LS
- Adds to or replaces features on Malibu L: Rear Vision Camera, Driver and front passenger vanity mirrors in visor, Outside temperature display, Compass display
Interior available on the 2016 Chevrolet Malibu 1LT
- Adds to or replaces features on Malibu LS: Eight-way power-adjustable driver seat, Power-adjustable driver lumbar control, rear console vent, Driver and front passenger illuminated vanity mirrors in visors, Ambient interior lighting, Switchable rear reading lamps
Interior available on the 2016 Chevrolet Malibu 2LT
- Adds to or replaces features on Malibu 1LT: Driver Information Center color display, Tire inflation kit, Leather-wrapped three-spoke steering wheel, 120-volt power outlet, Inside rearview auto-dimming mirror, Leather-wrapped shift knob
Interior available on the 2016 Chevrolet Malibu Premier
- Adds to or replaces features on Malibu 2LT: Heated driver and front passenger seats, Dual-zone automatic climate control air conditioning, Ventilated driver and front passenger seats, Six-way power front passenger seat adjuster, Heated steering wheel, Trunk mat
2016 Chevrolet Malibu Safety
The 2016 Chevy Malibu offers advanced safety technology such as low-speed front automatic braking and lane keep assist, which help prevent collisions. But, the automobile’s coolest safety feature may be Teen Driver. With Teen Driver, parents can keep track of their kids’ driving practices through a built-in system, which tells them where the vehicle has been and how fast it has been driven. The system also will mute the audio if driver and passengers are not wearing their safety belts.
Standard Safety Features
- OnStar Guidance Plan for 6 months
- LATCH system (Lower Anchors and Top tethers for CHildren), for child safety seats
- Rear child security door locks
- Tire Pressure Monitor System
- StabiliTrak, stability control system with brake assist
- Hill Start Assist
- 10 total airbags