2016 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Overview
The 2016 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 is a light duty pickup with a starting MSRP of $39,450. With the choice either 2WD or 4WD, as well as the option of three potent engines, three bed lengths, and three cab sizes, the new Silverado 1500 is fully customizable for whatever job needs to be done.
The 2016 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 comes in seven trims, depending on body style (Regular Cab, Standard Box; Regular Cab, Long Box; Double Cab, Standard Box; Crew Cab, Short Box; Crew Cab, Standard Box): WT, LS, LT, LT Z71 (4WD only), LTZ, LTZ Z71 (4WD only), and High Country.
[wptab name=”What’s New”]
What’s new for the 2016 Chevrolet Silverado 1500?
The 2016 Chevy Silverado 1500 is available with many new features like a redesigned front end, Apple CarPlay compatibility, and a Hydra-Matic 8L90 eight-speed automatic transmission is now available for LTZ and High Country models with the 5.3-liter V8. The new Silverado 1500 also comes with three new exterior color options: Pearl Tricoat, Siren Red Tintcoat, and Red Hot. Additionally, a cargo convince package is available that includes spray-on bedliner, a cross rails tiered storage system, and upper cargo tie-downs.
2016 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Photos:
2016 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Exterior
The 2016 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 is available in Short Box, Standard Box, or Long Box configurations. The new Silverado 1500 also features a redesigned grille, which is specialized for each model. In addition, the 2016 Silverado 1500 comes standard with a locking tailgate and also offers a remote locking tailgate. Exterior color options for the 2016 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 include Slate Grey Metallic, Red Hot, Silver Ice Metallic, Summit White, Black, Tungsten Metallic, Siren Red Tintcoat, Autumn Bronze Metallic, Deep Ocean Blue Metallic, and Iridescent Pearl Tricoat.
2016 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Exterior Photos:
Exterior available on the 2016 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 WT
- 17″ Painted steel wheels, P255/70R17 All-season blackwall tires, 17″ aluminum full-size spare wheel, 17″ all-season blackwall spare tire, Tire carrier lock, Front black bumper, Rear black bumper, Recovery hooks – front, Cab mounted cargo area lamps, CornerStep rear bumper, Chrome grille surround, HID projector-beam headlights with LED signature DRL, Outside manual Black mirrors, Solar absorbing tinted glass, Tailgate and bed rails protection cap, Black Door handles, Locking tailgate, Daytime Running Lamps
Exterior available on the 2016 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS
- Adds to or replaces features on WT: 17″ Stainless-steel clad wheels, Front chrome bumper, Rear chrome bumper, Outside heated power-adjustable mirrors, Deep-tinted glass, Remote Locking Tailgate
Exterior available on the 2016 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT
- Adds to or replaces features on LS: 17″ Bright-machined aluminum wheels, Body-color bodyside moldings, Rear wheelhouse liners, Body-color mirror caps, EZ-Lift and Lower tailgate
Exterior available on the 2016 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT Z71
- Adds to or replaces features on LT: 18″ Bright-machined aluminum wheels, P265/65R18 All-terrain blackwall tires, Body-color front bumper, Body-color grille surround, Body-colored headlamp bezels, Thin profile LED fog lamps, Z71 Appearance Package, Trailering Package
Exterior available on the 2016 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ
- Adds to or replaces features on LT Z71: LED projector Headlamps with signature DRL and turn, LED Taillamps with signature, Outside heated/chrome cap/power-adjustable/power-folding mirrors, Chrome mirror caps, Chrome door handles
Exterior available on the 2016 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71
- Adds to or replaces features on LTZ: Body-color front bumper, Body-color rear bumper, Spray-on bedliner, Body-color grille surround, Body-colored headlamp bezels, Z71 Appearance Package, High Country brushed metal sill plate
Exterior available on the 2016 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 High Country
- Adds to or replaces features on LTZ Z71: 20″ Chrome wheels, P275/55R20 All-season blackwall tires, Polished exhaust tip, 17″ Full-size spare steel wheel, 6″ rectangular chromed tubular assist steps
2016 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Performance
The 2016 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 features the choice of three powerful engines, which all come with variable valve timing, direct injection, and active fuel management (cylinder deactivation) in order to improve efficiency and power:
- The 4.3-liter EcoTec3 V6 engine comes standard on the 2016 Chevy Silverado 1500 and it is good for 285 horsepower and 305 lb-ft of torque.
- The available 5.3-liter EcoTec3 V8 engine is capable of 355 horsepower and 383 lb-ft of torque.
- A 6.3-liter EcoTec3 V8 is available for both the LTZ and High Country models, which pumps out 420 horsepower and 460 lb-ft of torque.
The LTZ and High Country trims feature an eight-speed automatic transmission, while the other models come standard with a six-speed automatic transmission.
When properly equipped, the 2016 Chevy Silverado 1500 is capable of a 12,000-pound max trailering rating.
2016 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Efficiency
Fuel efficiency for the 2016 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 depends on how the truck is customized, but when properly equipped the 2016 Silverado 1500 is capable of up to 18 mpg in the city and 24 mpg on the highway. The new Silverado is available with either a 26 or 34 gallon fuel tank.
2016 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Interior
The 2016 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 comes with the choice of Regular Cab, Double Cab, or Crew Cab. The Silverado’s cabin has been specially designed to reduce wind noise with features such as inlaid doors and triple door seals. The new Silverado comes standard with a front 40/20/40 split-bench seat and a 60/40 rear folding bench seat, and it also offers Apple CarPlay compatibility, as well as wireless charging on models that come equipped with bucket seats.
2016 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Interior Photos:
Interior available on the 2016 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 WT
- Front 40/20/40 split-bench seat, 60/40 Rear folding bench seat, Graphite-colored rubberized-vinyl floor covering, Manual tilt-wheel steering column , 6-gauge cluster Instrumentation, Power windows, Power door locks, Single-zone manual air conditioning, Front passenger Assist handle on A-pillar
- Driver Information Center, Cruise Control, Audio system with 4.2″ diagonal color screen with AM/FM w/ USB ports and auxiliary jack, SiriusXM Satellite Radio, 6-speaker audio system, OnStar, Tire pressure monitoring
Interior available on the 2016 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS
- Adds to or replaces features on WT: Remote Keyless Entry
- Chevrolet MyLink1® audio system with 7″ diagonal Color Touch Screen w/ AM/FM with USB ports2 and auxiliary jack, Bluetooth for phone and personal cell phone connectivity to vehicle audio system, OnStar® with 4G LTE provides a built-in Wi-Fi hotspot1 to connect to the internet at 4G LTE speeds, OnStar Guidance Plan for 6 months
Interior available on the 2016 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT
- Adds to or replaces features on LS: Front 40/20/40 split-bench seat with under seat storage, Color-keyed carpeting, Leather-wrapped steering wheel, Steering wheel audio controls, Visor vanity mirrors
- Driver Information Center with 4.2″ diagonal color display, Chevrolet MyLink® audio system with 8″ Diagonal Color Touch screen, Single-slot CD/MP3 player, HD radio, SiriusXM® Satellite Radio
Interior available on the 2016 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT Z71
- Adds to or replaces features on LT: Z71 Appearance Package, Trailering Package
Interior available on the 2016 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ
- Adds to or replaces features on LT Z71: Front 40/20/40 leather-appointed split-bench seat, Heated driver and front passenger seating, Manual tilt and telescoping steering column, Driver Personalization Memory for Seat and Mirrors, Dual-zone automatic climate control air conditioning, Rear-window defogger, Power-sliding rear window with defogger, Inside rearview auto-dimming mirror, 110-volt AC power outlet
- Remote vehicle starter system, Universal Home Remote, Theft-deterrent system, Rear Vision Camera
Interior available on the 2016 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71
- Adds to or replaces features on LTZ: Z71 Appearance Package
- Hill Descent Control, High-capacity air cleaner
Interior available on the 2016 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 High Country
- Adds to or replaces features on LTZ Z71: Front full-feature leather-appointed bucket seats, Heated and vented seating, Floor console, Carpeted front and rear floor mats, High Country brushed metal plate
- Chevrolet MyLink® audio system with 8″ Diagonal Color Touch with Navigation, Bose® sound system, Wireless Charging, Front and Rear Park Assist
2016 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Safety
The 4WD Crew Crab version of the 2016 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 earned a five-star overall safety rating from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. The new Silverado 1500 also offers advanced safety features such as front and rear park assist, StabiliTrak electronic stability control with rollover mitigation technology, a rear-vision camera, intelliBeam headlamp control, forward collision alert, safety alert seat, and lane keep assist.
Standard Safety Features
- Daytime Running Lamps
- Dual-stage frontal and side-impact air bags
- Driver and front passenger head curtain and seat-mounted side-impact air bags
- OnStar Guidance Plan for 6 months
- Rear Park Assist
- Front and Rear Park Assist
- Lane Keep Assist
- Tire pressure monitoring