2016 Chevrolet Spark Overview
The 2016 Chevy Spark is a subcompact hatchback with a starting MSRP of $12,660. The Spark features a more cultured exterior design in 2016 and also features a new engine under the hood. The new Spark competes in the same segment as the Fiat 500, Ford Fiesta, and Honda Fit.
What’s new for the 2016 Chevrolet Spark?
The 2016 Chevy Spark features an entirely new design and says goodbye to those oversized headlamps from last year’s model. The vehicle also comes equipped with a brand new chassis that makes the vehicle slightly smaller than the outgoing version. In addition, the Spark offers new safety technology.
The 2016 Chevrolet Spark comes with manual and continuously variable transmission options in three trim levels: LS, 1LT, and 2LT. There is also an all-electric 2016 Chevy Spark that can be found in a separate model overview on The News Wheel.
2016 Chevrolet Spark Photos:
2016 Chevrolet Spark Exterior
The 2016 Spark features a more refined and sophisticated design than last year’s version. The ’16 Spark is actually 1.5 inches shorter from front to back. Standard exterior features include automatic headlamps, a rear spoiler, and 15-inch alloy wheels. Roof rails, machine-finished gray wheels, and chrome trim are available to consumers who chose to opt for the 2LT model. Exterior colors available for the ’16 Spark include Lime, Splash, Salsa, Toasted Marshmallow, and Black Granite Metallic.
2016 Chevrolet Spark Photos:
Exterior available on the 2016 Chevrolet Spark
- Halogen headlamps, Intermittent wipers, Body-colored door handles, Rear spoiler, Rear liftgate
2016 Chevrolet Spark Performance
The 2016 Chevy Spark comes equipped with a new 1.4-liter four-cylinder engine that produces 98 horsepower and 94 lb-ft of torque. This engine produces 16% more horsepower than the motor that came under the hood of last year’s Spark. Consumers have the choice between the standard five-speed manual and an available continuously variable transmission (CVT).
2016 Chevrolet Spark Efficiency
The 2016 Chevy Spark offers varying levels on fuel efficiency depending on which transmission is being used with the vehicle:
- The ’16 Spark equipped with the five-speed manual transmission yields EPA-estimated fuel economy of 30 mpg in the city and 41 mpg on the highway.
- The ’16 Spark fitted with the CVT yields an EPA-estimated 31 mpg in the city and 41 mpg on the highway.
The 2016 Spark comes standard with a nine gallon fuel tank.
2016 Chevrolet Spark Interior
The interior of the 2016 Chevrolet Spark offers more space than many give it credit for and it is loaded with advanced technology. Because the 2016 Spark is 1.5 inches shorter this year from front to back, that means rear passengers have to make do with approximately two inches less legroom. Standard interior features for the ’16 Spark include 4G LTE WiFi hotspot, trip computer, air-conditioning, outside temperature display, Chevy MyLink infotainment system, and the OnStar telematics system. The Spark offers 11.1 cubic feet of cargo space behind the rear seats and 27.2 cubic feet when those rear seats are folded down.
2016 Chevrolet Spark Interior Photos:
Interior available on the 2016 Chevrolet Spark LS
- USB port an auxiliary input jack, Single-zone air conditioning, Front high-back bucket seats, Cabin air filter, Three-spoke steering wheel, Rear cargo security shelf, Rear console, Cup holder, Glovebox, Rear defogger, Auxiliary power outlet, OnStar with 4G LTE and built-in Wi-Fi, Driver Information Center, Outside temperature display, AM/FM four speaker audio
Interior available on the 2016 Chevrolet Spark 1LT
- Adds to or replaces features on LS: Steering-wheel mounted controls, Power locks, Sirius XM Satellite Radio, Six-speaker audio system, Cruise control, Remote Keyless Entry, Theft-deterrent system
Interior available on the 2016 Chevrolet Spark 2LT
- Adds to or replaces features on 1LT: Leather-wrapped steering wheel, Rear Park Assist
2016 Chevrolet Spark Safety
The 2016 Chevrolet Spark earned a four star overall safety rating (out of a possible five) from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). To be more specific, the ’16 Spark scored a perfect five stars in the side crash safety test, but only earned four stars in the frontal-impact protection test. The new Spark is available with both lane departure warning and forward collision alert.
Standard Safety Features
- OnStar® Guidance (6-month plan)
- OnStar® Crash Response and Remote Access Suite
- Rear Vision Camera
- Engine immobilizer
- StabiliTrak® stability control system
- Traction Control System
- LATCH child safety system
- Hill Start Assist
- Tire Pressure Monitor
- 10 standard airbags