2016 Chevrolet Suburban Overview
The 2016 Chevrolet Suburban is a full-size SUV with a starting MSRP of $49,700. Seating for up to nine people, a powerful V8 engine, and a maximum towing capability of to 8,300 pounds are just a few of the attributes that make the new Suburban such a popular vehicle. The Chevrolet Suburban competes in the same segment as the Ford Expedition, Lincoln Navigator, and Toyota Sequoia.
The 2016 Chevrolet Suburban is offered in three trim levels, each available with four-wheel drive: LS, LT, and LTZ.
[wptab name=”What’s New”]
What’s new for the 2016 Chevrolet Suburban?
The 2016 Chevrolet Suburban is now standard with an 8-inch touchscreen that’s compatible with Apple CarPlay. The Chevrolet Suburban is also now available with a lane-departure intervention system, automatic headlights, and a head-up display.
2016 Chevrolet Suburban Photos:
2016 Chevrolet Suburban Exterior
The 2016 Chevrolet Suburban offers a bold and muscular exterior design, which includes long graceful lines that highlights the vehicle’s impressive length. Standard features for the new Suburban include 18-inch alloy wheels, roof rails, and rear privacy glass. If you opt for the top-level LTZ model, then your Suburban will come equipped with 20-inch polished aluminum wheels and fog lamps. Exterior color options for the Chevy Suburban include Black, Summit White, Silver Ice Metallic, Champagne Silver Metallic, Tungsten Metallic, Brownstone Metallic, Slate Grey Metallic, Sable Metallic, Siren Red Tintcoat, Green Envy Metallic, and Iridescent Pearl Tricoat.
2016 Chevrolet Suburban Exterior Photos:
Exterior available on the 2016 Chevrolet Suburban LS
- 18-inch aluminum wheels, All-season tires, Assist steps,Roof-mounted luggage rack side rails, Hidden rear wiper, Manual rear liftgate, Heated mirrors
Exterior available on the 2016 Chevrolet Suburban LT
- Adds to or replaces features on LS trim: IntelliBeam automatic headlamps, Power liftgate
Exterior available on the 2016 Chevrolet Suburban LTZ
- Adds to or replaces features on LT trim: 20-inch polished aluminum wheels, Body-color bodyside moldings, Heated mirrors with integrated turn signal indicators, Fog lamps, HID headlamps, Power programmable liftgate
2016 Chevrolet Suburban Performance
Each trim level of the 2016 Chevrolet Suburban comes equipped with a 5.3-liter V8 engine and six-speed automatic transmission, which combine to produce 355 horsepower and 383 lb-ft of torque. When properly equipped, the Chevrolet Suburban is capable of towing up to 8,300 pounds.
2016 Chevrolet Suburban Efficiency
Fuel efficiency for the 2016 Chevrolet Suburban is dependent on the buyer’s choice between rear-wheel drive and four-wheel drive:
- The RWD 2016 Chevrolet Suburban yields an EPA-estimated 16 mpg in the city and 23 mpg on the highway.
- The 4WD 2016 Chevrolet Suburban yields an EPA-estimated 15 mpg in the city and 22 mpg on the highway.
The 2016 Suburban comes standard with a 31 gallon fuel tank.
2016 Chevrolet Suburban Interior
The 2016 Chevrolet Suburban offers seating for up to nine people and it now comes standard with an 8-inch touchscreen featuring Apple CarPlay compatibility. A rearview camera, tri-zone automatic climate control, Bluetooth connectivity, power front seats, and five USB ports all come standard inside the 2016 Suburban. In addition, this SUV features 38.9 cubic feet of cargo space and that number grows to 121.1 cubic feet with both of the rear seats folded down.
2016 Chevrolet Suburban Interior Photos:
Interior available on the 2016 Chevrolet Suburban LS
- Floor mats, automatic climate control, Front bucket seats, Second row 60/40 split-folding bench, Leather-wrapped steering wheel, Tilt steering column, Rear-window defogger, Power windows, CD/MP3 player, 6-speaker Chevrolet MyLink audio system, 110-volt power outlet, Steering-wheel mounted audio and cruise controls, OnStar 4G LTE with Wi-Fi hotspot, 4.2-inch multifunction color display, Rear vision camera
Interior available on the 2016 Chevrolet Suburban LT
- Adds to or replaces features on LS trim: Automatic-dimming rearview mirror, Leather-appointed front bucket seats with memory settings, Manual tilt and telescopic steering column, Bose premium 9-speaker system, 5 auxiliary 12-volt power outlets
Interior available on the 2016 Chevrolet Suburban LTZ
- Adds to or replaces features on LT trim: Heated and cooled leather-appointed front bucket seats, Power-release second row bucket seats, Power-folding third row 60/40 split-bench seat, Leather-wrapped heated steering wheel, Power tilt and stereoscopic steering column, Chevrolet MyLink with Navigation audio system, Bose Centerpoint Surround Sound premium 10-speaker system, Wireless charging for mobile devices, Keyless entry
2016 Chevrolet Suburban Safety
The 2016 Chevrolet Suburban earned a four-star overall safety rating—of out a possible five—from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. The NHTSA awarded the 2016 Suburban the best possible rating of five stars for side-impact protection, but the vehicle only received four stars for front impact protection. The 2016 Chevy Suburban is available with advanced safety features such as lane-departure warning, rear cross-traffic alert, a safety-alert driver seat, blind-spot monitoring, forward collision alert, and front parking sensors.
Standard Safety Features
- Anti-lock disc brakes
- StabiliTrack stability and traction control system with brake assist
- Front seat frontal and side-impact airbags
- LATCH system
- Rear Park Assist
- Tire Pressure Monitor System
- OnStar Guidance Plan for 6 months
The News Wheel is a digital auto magazine providing readers with a fresh perspective on the latest car news. We’re located in the heart of America (Dayton, Ohio) and our goal is to deliver an entertaining and informative perspective on what’s trending in the automotive world. See more articles from The News Wheel.