2016 Chevrolet Tahoe Overview
The 2016 Chevrolet Tahoe is a full-size SUV with a plethora of entertainment options, a powerful V8 engine, and 121.1 cubic feet of available cargo space. The base model 2016 Tahoe carries a starting MSRP in the mid-40,000s. The Tahoe competes for sales with the Ford Expedition, GMC Yukon, and Toyota Sequoia.
[wptab name=”What’s New”]
What’s new for the 2016 Chevrolet Tahoe?
The new Tahoe has several upgrades and advancements, designed to make driving more enjoyable than ever before. This model remains the best-selling SUV in the nation, with some new exterior, performance, efficiency, interior, and safety features that owners will love. The Tahoe is rugged yet refined, making it a great ride for virtually any driver.
2016 Chevrolet Tahoe Photos:
2016 Chevrolet Tahoe Exterior
The exterior comes with a sleeker design, made to be aggressive and sporty. The Tahoe has added two new colors, including Siren Red and Iridescent Pearl, replacing Chrystal Red and White Diamond on older models. Owners will also enjoy IntelliBeam headlamps, adding increased sight and a sharp new look. A capless fuel fill is also standard on all trims now, and drivers still get assist steps, heated mirrors, and luggage side rails standard.
2016 Chevrolet Tahoe Photos:
Exterior available on the 2016 Chevrolet Tahoe LS
- Black assist steps, Power-adjustable and heated exterior mirrors, Roof-mounted luggage rack side rails, Hidden rear wiper, Manual rear liftgate
Exterior available on the 2016 Chevrolet Tahoe LT
- Adds to or replaces features on LS trim: Power liftgate
Exterior available on the 2016 Chevrolet Tahoe LTZ
- Adds to or replaces features on LT trim: Body-colored bodyside moldings, Power-adjustable and heated exterior mirrors with integrated turn signal, 20-inch polished aluminum wheels, Fog lamps, HID headlamps, Power programmable liftgate
2016 Chevrolet Tahoe Performance
The Tahoe is keeping the intelligent 5.3-liter EcoTec3 V8 engine, which is paired with an electronically-controlled six-speed transmission. Along with a fine-tuned suspension and tall ride height, the Tahoe retains an air of rugged capability, boasting 355 horsepower and 383 lb-ft of torque. This lets you tow up to 8,600 pounds when properly equipped, which is great for hauling boats, ATVs, and motorcycles, among other things.
2016 Chevrolet Tahoe Efficiency
Thanks to innovative EcoTec3 technology, the Tahoe gets up to an EPA-estimated 16/23/18 mpg (city/highway/combined), pretty impressive for a full-sized SUV. The Tahoe also has a high-strength lightweight suspension, cutting unnecessary weight without affecting capabilities. Its segment-topping efficiency is one of the reasons the Tahoe was named a 2015 Best Buy Award by KBB.
2016 Chevrolet Tahoe Interior
Do you enjoy comfort and convenience when you’re behind the wheel? Check out the Tahoe. This model has replaced the traditional AM/FM/CD system with a high-tech reconfigurable gauge cluster, as well as a state-of-the-art Heads-Up Display (HUD) system. SiriusXM Radio and HD Radio are now available as well, giving you all the music you want at the touch of a button. The 2016 Tahoe also carries over the Chevy MyLink system, OnStar 4G LTE wireless, and an information center.
2016 Chevrolet Tahoe Interior Photos:
Interior available on the 2016 Chevrolet Tahoe LS
- 110-volt power outlet, Floor mats, Color-keyed carpeting, Automatic climate control, Front bucket seats, 60/40 split-folding bench, Third-row seat, Leather-wrapped steering with mounted audio controls, Chevy MyLink audio system, OnStar 4G LTE Wi-Fi, 4.2-inch Driver Information Center
Interior available on the 2016 Chevrolet Tahoe LT
- Adds to or replaces features on LS trim: Five auxiliary 12-volt power outlets, Auto-dimming rearview mirror, Leather-appointed front bucket seats, Power-adjustable pedals, Bose Premium Audio system, Universal home remote
Interior available on the 2016 Chevrolet Tahoe LTZ
- Adds to or replaces features on LT trim: Heated and cooled driver and front passenger seats, Power release second-row bucket seats, Heated second row seating, Leather-wrapped and heated steering wheel, Chevy MyLink audio with integrated navigation, Bose Centerpoint Surround Sound System, Wireless charging for mobile devices, Rear Cross Traffic Alert, Front and Rear Park Assist, Side Blind Zone Alert with Lane Change Alert
2016 Chevrolet Tahoe Safety
Safety is always a priority on Chevy models, and the Tahoe is no exception. This model comes with an updated lane keep assist program, helping you stay alert when you’re behind the wheel. This replaced the lane departure warning technology on older models. Other features include a Theft Protection package (UTT), Enhanced Driver Alert package, forward collision alert, and a safety alert seat.
Standard Safety Features
- Airbag system
- Electrical theft-deterrent system
- LATCH child safety system
- Rear Park Assist
- Tire Pressure Monitoring
- OnStar Safety Response Suite