2016 GMC Yukon XL Overview
The 2016 GMC Yukon XL is, as the “XL” in the name might indicate, really big. It’s big in stature. It’s big in utility, thanks to three rows and seating for up to nine passengers. With IntelliLink infotainment system, OnStar 4G LTE with built-in Wi-Fi, and Apple CarPlay, it’s big on technology. And, because it’s a GMC, you know it’s big on luxury appeal.
The 2016 GMC Yukon XL comes in four trims: XL (Base), SLE, SLT, and Denali.
Celebrity Rides: Check out the 5 coolest cars from Cristiano Ronaldo’s Instagram
[wptab name= “What’s New “]
What’s New for the 2016 GMC Yukon XL?
Capless fuel filler comes standard, and a new Enhanced Driver Alert Package includes lane-keeping assist and auto on/off high-beam headlamps.
2016 GMC Yukon XL SLT Photos:
2016 GMC Yukon XL Exterior
The 2016 Yukon XL cuts an impressive figure with an exterior that is both formidable and aerodynamic. The Yukon XL Denali adds an unmistakable chrome grille and 20-inch wheels, and two new exterior colors—Crimson Red Tintcoat (SLE, SLT, and Denali) and White Frost Tricoat (SLT and Denali) are available at additional cost.
2016 GMC Yukon XL Denali Exterior Photos:
Exterior available on Yukon XL:
- Valved exhaust system, 18-inch aluminum wheels, Fog lamps with chrome surround, Rainsense front wipers that automatically respond to varying precipitation, Available hands-free power liftgate
Exterior available on Yukon XL SLE:
- 17-inch all-season spare tire, Fog lamps, 18-inch blackwall tires, Hidden rear wiper, Manual rear liftgate, 18-inch bright machined aluminum wheels, Rainsense front wiper, Solar-Ray deep-tinted glass, Outside heated power-adjustable and power-folding mirrors
Exterior available on Yukon SLT:
- Intellibeam headlamps, Hands free liftgate, 17-inch all-season spare tire, Solar-Ray deep-tinted glass, Outside heated power-adjustable and power-folding mirrors, Hidden rear wiper, 18-inch bright machined aluminum wheels, 18-inch blackwall tires, Fog lamps, Rainsense front wiper
Exterior available on Yukon XL Denali:
- High-Intensity Discharge (HID) projector-beam headlamps, 20-inch blackwall all-season tires, Fog lamps, Solar-Ray deep-tinted glass, Intellibeam headlamps, Luggage rack siderails, 20-inch ultra bright machined aluminum wheels, Hands free power liftgate, Outside heated power-adjustable and power-folding mirrors, Rainsense front wiper
[wptab name= “Performance “]
2016 GMC Yukon XL Performance
The 2016 Yukon XL is powered by the EcoTec V8, which provides 355 horsepower and 383 lb-ft of torque and is mated to a Hydra-Matic 6L80 six-speed automatic transmission. The Yukon XL Denali is powered by a 6.2-liter V8 that generates a segment-best 420 horsepower and 460 lb-ft of torque and is mated to the Hydra-Matic 8L90 eight-speed automatic.
[wptab name= “Efficiency “]
2016 GMC Yukon XL Efficiency
The 2016 GMC Yukon XL 2WD returns 16 mpg city/23 mpg highway/18 mpg combined using regular petrol and 11 mpg city/17 mpg highway/13 mpg combined using E85 ethanol, and the 4WD model returns 15 mpg city/22 mpg highway/18 mpg combined with regular gasoline and 11 mpg city/15 mpg highway/12 mpg combined with E85. The Yukon XL Denali 2WD returns 15 mpg city/22 mpg highway/17 mpg combined, and the 4WD model returns 14 mpg city/20 mpg highway/16 mpg combined.
[wptab name= “Interior “]
2016 GMC Yukon XL Interior
The 2016 Yukon XL features expert crafting and supreme quiet, leaving driver and passenger alike with a feeling of supreme luxury. This feeling is enhanced by the Denali’s active noise cancelation technology. All models come standard with a Bose sound system, the SLE and SLT upgrade to a nine-speaker system, and the Denali gets a Bose Centerpoint Surround Sound premium 10-speaker system.
Interior available on Yukon XL:
- Tri-Zone Automatic Climate Control, 110-Volt three-prong household style outlet, Available heated-and-cooled driver and front-passenger seats, Third-row fold-flat bench seats with an available power-folding option, Contrast stitching on console and doors, Optional heated steering wheel, Ambient air venting
Interior available on Yukon XL SLE:
- 110-Volt power outlet, Cargo net, Tri-Zone Automatic Climate Control, Ambient air venting, Available heated-and-cooled driver and front-passenger seats
Interior available on Yukon XL SLT:
- Leather-wrapped and heated steering wheel, Cargo net, Heated second row 60/40 split-folding bench seats with power release, Heated and cooled front passenger and driver seats, Push button start, 110-Volt power outlet
Interior available on Yukon XL Denali:
- Cargo net, 110-Volt power outlet, Auto-dimming rearview mirror, Push button start, Heated leather-wrapped steering wheel, Power-adjustable pedals, Tri-zone automatic climate control
[wptab name= “Safety “]
2016 GMC Yukon XL Safety
The 2016 Yukon XL is offered with an Enhanced Driver Alert Package that adds Lane Keep Assist and automatic high beams. All models come standard with a rear vision camera, and the Front Center Air Bag is standard for all front bucket seat models.
Standard Safety Features:
- Intellibeam Headlamps
- Front and Rear Park Assist
- Side Blind Zone Alert with Lane Change Alert
- Lane Keep Assist
- Rear Cross Traffic Alert
- Available Adaptive Cruise Control
- Forward Collision Alert
- Dual-stage frontal air bags
- Seat-mounted side impact air bags
- Head curtain side impact air bags
- Reinforced steel safety cage
More Celebrity Rides: Learn about these 5 celebrities who surprisingly own Jeep Wranglers
The News Wheel is a digital auto magazine providing readers with a fresh perspective on the latest car news. We’re located in the heart of America (Dayton, Ohio) and our goal is to deliver an entertaining and informative perspective on what’s trending in the automotive world. See more articles from The News Wheel.