2016 Honda CR-V Overview
The 2016 Honda CR-V is a compact SUV with a starting MSRP of $23,595. Besides offering a bold exterior and plenty of space for cargo, the 2016 Honda CR-V also offers respectable fuel efficiency and a capable four-cylinder engine. The Honda CR-V competes in the same segment as the Hyundai Tucson, Ford Escape, Toyota RAV4, Chevrolet Equinox, and Subaru Forester.
The 2016 Honda CR-V is offered in five trim levels: LX, SE, EX, EX-L, and Touring. Each is available with either 2WD or AWD.
Helpful Hints: Check out these simple ways to achieve better fuel economy
[wptab name=”What’s New”]
What’s new for the 2016 Honda CR-V?
After being restyled last year, Honda did not make many changes to the 2016 CR-V. The one major addition was the inclusion of the new SE trim, which comes with a security system, 17-inch wheels, rear privacy glass, and a two-tone finish.
2016 Honda CR-V Photos:
2016 Honda CR-V Exterior
Coming standard with 16-inch styled allow wheels and multi-reflector auto-off halogen headlights, the 2016 Honda CR-V is one of the most eye-pleasing options in the compact-crossover segment. Exterior color options for the 2016 Honda CR-V include Crystal Black Pearl, White Diamond Pearl, Alabaster Silver Metallic, and Modern Steel Metallic.
2016 Honda CR-V Exterior Photos:
Exterior available on the 2016 Honda CR-V LX
- 16-inch styled allow wheels, Roof-mounted antenna, Remote Entry System, One-touch turn indicators, Reverse-linked intermittent rear window wiper, Two-speed windshield wipers, Multi-reflector auto-off halogen headlights, Heated power side mirrors with expanded view driver’s mirror
Exterior available on the 2016 Honda CR-V SE
- Adds to or replaces features on LX: 17-inch alloy wheels, Rear Privacy Glass, Security system
Exterior available on the 2016 Honda CR-V EX
- Adds to or replaces features on SE: Smart Entry, One-touch power moonroof with tilt feature, Fog lights, Variable intermittent windshield wipers, Auto-on/off halogen headlights, Body-color power side mirrors
Exterior available on the 2016 Honda CR-V EX-L
- Adds to or replaces features on EX: Roof rails, Heated side mirrors
Exterior available on the 2016 Honda CR-V Touring
- Adds to or replaces features on EX-L: Power tailgate, Projector-beam auto-on/off halogen headlights, Side-mirror-integrated turn indicators
2016 Honda CR-V Performance
The 2016 Honda CR-V comes equipped with an inline four-cylinder engine and continuously variable transmission with sport mode, which work together to create 185 horsepower and 181 lb-ft of torque. In testing performed by Edmunds, the new CR-V was able to accelerate from 0 to 60 mph in 8.8 seconds.
2016 Honda CR-V Efficiency
Fuel economy for 2016 Honda CR-V depends on whether consumers choose the front-wheel drive model or the all-wheel drive version:
- The FWD model yields an EPA-estimated 27 mpg in the city and 34 mpg on the highway.
- The AWD model yields an EPA-estimated 26 mpg in the city and 33 mpg on the highway.
The 2016 Honda CR-V comes standard with a 15.3 gallon fuel tank.
2016 Honda CR-V Interior
The interior cabin of the 2016 Honda CR-V provides seating for up to five people and the compact SUV also offers 37.2 cubic feet of storage space behind the rear seats, but that number jumps to 70.9 cubic feet of storage capacity if you choose to fold the rear seats down. The 2016 CR-V also comes with a seven-inch touchscreen, Pandora compatibility, and two 12 volt power outlets.
2016 Honda CR-V Interior Photos:
Interior available on the 2016 Honda CR-V LX
- Air Conditioning, Tilt and telescopic steering column, Instrument-panel-mounted shifter, Driver’s-side garment hook, Rear-seat heater ducts, Illuminated steering-wheel-mounted controls, 60/40 split rear seat, Manual height adjustment for driver’s seat
Interior available on the 2016 Honda CR-V SE
- Includes the same interior features as the LX.
Interior available on the 2016 Honda CR-V EX
- Adds to or replaces features on SE: Push Button Start, Retractable Cargo Area Cover, Illuminated driver and front passenger’s vanity mirrors, Heated front seats, 10-way power adjustable driver’s seat including power lumbar support
Interior available on the 2016 Honda CR-V EX-L
- Adds to or replaces features on EX: Leather-wrapped steering wheel, Automatic-dimming rearview mirror, Dual-zone automatic climate control system, Leather-trimmed seats
Interior available on the 2016 Honda CR-V Touring
- Adds to or replaces features on EX-L: HomeLink® Remote System, Steering-wheel-mounted navigation controls, Two-position memory for driver’s seat
2016 Honda CR-V Safety
The 2016 Honda CR-V has not yet been tested by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, but the 2015 model was named a Top Safety Pick+ by the IIHS. The 2016 CR-V offers advanced safety features such as lane departure warning, forward collision warning and mitigation, as well as a LaneWatch blind spot monitoring system.
Standard Safety Features
- LATCH children’s seat anchoring system
- Vehicle Stability Assist™ with Traction Control
- Dual-stage, multiple-threshold front airbags
- Anti-Lock braking system
- Electronic Brake Distribution
- Tire Pressure Monitoring system
- Daytime Running Lights
- Brake Assist
- Multi-angle rearview camera
- SmartVent® Front side airbags, side curtain airbags with rollover sensor
Can’t Get Enough Honda? Check out this model overview for the 2015 Honda Accord sedan and coupe
The News Wheel is a digital auto magazine providing readers with a fresh perspective on the latest car news. We’re located in the heart of America (Dayton, Ohio) and our goal is to deliver an entertaining and informative perspective on what’s trending in the automotive world. See more articles from The News Wheel.