2016 Lexus GS Overview
The 2016 Lexus GS is a sport sedan that just oozes luxury. With six trim levels, there are features for every type of driver. Its premium interior, powerful engine, and cutting-edge technology will make the whole neighborhood jealous of this ride.
The 2016 Lexus GS comes in six trims: GS 200t, GS 200 F SPORT, GS 350, GS 350 F SPORT, GS 450h, and GS 450h F SPORT
Keep Your Lexus GS Running Strong: Check out these informative frequently asked service questions
[wptab name=”What’s New”]
What’s New for the 2016 Lexus GS?
The 2016 Lexus GS’s biggest change for the model year is the arrival of a turbocharged GS 200t. There’s also some new technology in the form of the Enform Remote service (subscription required) that adds features like vehicle finder, status reports, and more.
2016 Lexus GS Photos:
2016 Lexus GS Exterior
The Lexus GS line is a sport sedan, first and foremost, and that sets it apart from the rest of the Lexus lineup. The mid-size sedan boasts a conservative design that maintains a striking front end. Horizontal lines maintain the flow of the design from front to rear.
2016 Lexus GS Exterior Photos:
Exterior available on the GS 200t
- Color-keyed exterior mirrors with turn signals, Integrated dual exhaust outlets with lateral fins, LED Daytime Running Lamps, Bi-LED headlamps, Automatic on/off headlights, 17-inch nine-spoke alloy wheels, LED turn signals and rear combination lamps, Tinted glass, Windshield wipers with mist cycle
Exterior available on the GS 200t F SPORT
- Summer tires (RWD), Rear lip spoiler, F SPORT tuned Adaptive Variable Suspension with Sport S+ mode, F SPORT front bumper and rear lower valence, Single width all-season tires (AWD), F SPORT badging, Naguri aluminum trim, 19-inch staggered width split five-spoke wheels with machined finish, F SPORT mesh front grille inserts
Exterior available on the GS 350
- 18-inch five-spoke wheel design with machined finish
Exterior available on the GS 350 F Sport
- Naguri aluminum trim, 19-inch staggered width split five-spoke wheels with machined finish, Rear lip spoiler, F SPORT tuned Adaptive Variable Suspension with Sport S+ mode, Single width all-season tires (AWD), Summer tires (RWD), F SPORT front bumper and rear lower valence, F SPORT badging, F SPORT mesh front grille inserts
Exterior available on the GS 450h
- Color-keyed Super Olefin Polymer front and rear bumpers, 18-inch five-spoke wheels with machined finish, Flat underbody with aero-stabilizing fins, Rear window defogger with auto-off timer, Bi-LED headlamps, Color-keyed exterior mirrors with turn signals, Air stabilizer fins in lower bumper with hidden exhaust outlet, Auto on/off headlamps, Arrowhead-shaped LED Daytime Running Lamps, Water-repellant front door glass, LED rear combination lamps, Rain-sensing wipers and deicer, One-touch open/close moonroof, tinted glass, Auto-dimming and retractable outsider rearview mirrors with reverse tilt-down functions and puddle lamps
Exterior available on the GS 450h F SPORT
- F SPORT front bumper and rear lower valence, F SPORT mesh front grille inserts, Rear-lip spoiler, 19-inch staggered width split five-spoke wheels with machined finish, F SPORT badging, Naguri aluminum trim, F SPORT tuned Adaptive Variable Suspension with Sport S+ mode
2016 Lexus GS Performance
There are three available engines in the 2016 Lexus GS. The newest on the line is the turbocharged four-cylinder that comes under the hood of the GS 200t. Packing 241 hp and 258 lb-ft of torque and paired with an eight-speed transmission, it can hit 60 mph in 7.2 seconds.
The second engine comes in the GS 350. The V6 engine packs 311 hp and 280 lb-ft of torque and is mated to an eight-speed transmission. The GS 350 is comes with both an Eco and Sport mode as well as a Sport+ mode on higher trims. Rounding out the numbers is a 0-to-60 mph time of 5.7 seconds.
The third and final engine on the Lexus GS lineup is the GS 450h hybrid that packs a V6 engine with a 147 kW motor and 30 kW battery pack. In all it produces 338 hp and delivers the strongest acceleration of the line.
2016 Lexus GS Efficiency
The 2016 Lexus GS line is a sport sedan, putting fuel economy in the backseat for most buyers. The Lexus GS 200t earns an EPA-estimated 22 mpg city/33 mpg highway. When F Sport is active, it earns 20 mpg city/30 mpg highway.
The Lexus GS 350 earns an EPA-estimated 20 mpg city/29 mph highway when paired with rear-wheel drive. When paired with all-wheel drive, fuel economy drops to 19 city/27 highway.
The most efficient engine on the line, the Lexus GS 450h earns an EPA-estimated 29 city/34 highway.
2016 Lexus GS Interior
Like the exterior, the interior of the 2016 Lexus GS remains steady with a horizontal dashboard. LED ambient lighting glows softly in the background while the front touchscreen display draws eyes. To top it off, the Lexus GS line makes use of real wood trim and padded leather panels for that quality look and feel.
2016 Lexus GS Interior Photos:
Interior available on the GS 200t
- Interior Features: Automatic climate control, LED ambient lighting, Steering wheel tilt and telescopic adjustment, Driver multi-adjustable power seat, Rear window defogger with auto-off timer, Passenger multi-adjustable power seat, Aluminum-alloy “Lexus”-stamped scuff plates on all door sills, Fold-down rear center arm rest, Dual zone front climate control, Rear seat climate control vents, Interior day/night electrochromic rearview mirror, Steering wheel-mounted controls, Wrapped instrument panel with contrast stitching, Power sunroof/moonroof, Leather-trimmed steering wheel, Interior air filter
- Radio and Technology: Voice-activated controls, 5.1 surround sound, Bluetooth technology, Homelink® universal garage door opener, 12-volt power outlet, Lexus Memory System, Multi-function remote, Electronic parking aid – camera, Auxiliary input jack, Lexus Personalized Settings, 12 speakers, Satellite radio, Remote Touch Interface, AM/FM/DVD with HD radio and WMA/MP3 capability, Smart Key, Optional Mark Levinson® audio system, USB input port, Keyless entry
Interior available on the GS 200 F SPORT
- Interior Features: Striated aluminum trim, F SPORT aluminum pedals and door scuff plates, Rear window sunshade, Heated front seats, Perforated leather trim and black headliner, 16-way power sport driver seat
- Radio and Technology: Adaptive cruise control
Interior available on the GS 350
- Radio and Technology: Lexus Enform Destinations, Lexus Insider, Lexus SD Navigation System with 12.3-inch High-Res Screen, Lexus Enform App Suite
Interior available on the GS 350 F SPORT
- Interior Features: 16-way power sport driver seat, striated aluminum trim, F SPORT aluminum pedals and door scuff plates, Rear window sunshade, Perforated leather trim and black headliner, Heated front seats
- Radio and Technology: Adaptive cruise control
Interior available on the GS 450h
- Interior Features: Power door locks, Leather heated steering wheel, Padded instrument panel, Laser Cut Wood trim, Leather-trimmed seats, Rear A/C vents on back of center console, Heated/ventilated front seats, LED ambient lighting, Power rear sunshade, Fold-down rear center arm rest, One-touch up/down function with jam protection, Power tilt-and-telescopic steering wheel, Aluminum-alloy “Lexus”-stamped scuff plates on all door sills, Electrochromic rearview mirror with compass, 10-way power driver and front passenger seats, Contrast stitching, Steering wheel audio and multi-information display controls, Leather-trimmed shift knob, Push-button engine start
- Radio and Technology: Lexus Memory System, Lexus SD Navigation System with 12.3-inch High-Res Screen, 12 speakers, Auxiliary input jack, Advanced voice recognition, HD Radio™ with iTunes tagging, Lexus Personalized Settings, Lexus Inform Destination Services, HomeLink® universal garage door open, 5.1 surround sound, SmartAccess keyless entry, 8-inch high-res multi-information touchscreen, Bluetooth® technology, Cruise control, AM/FM/DVD/CD player with WMA/MP3 capability, Remote Touch Interface, Lexus Insider™, Lexus Enform App Suite, USB input port
Interior available on the GS 450h F SPORT
- Interior Features: Striated aluminum trim, Leather-trimmed seats, 16-way power sport driver seat, Perforated leather trim and black headliner, F SPORT aluminum pedals and door scuff plates
2016 Lexus GS Safety
The 2016 Lexus GS line earned “Good” ratings when tested by the Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS). It wasn’t tested in the small-overlap frontal test and the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration hasn’t tested the sport sedan yet.
In all, there are 10 airbags, Bluetooth, and an entire set of tech-savvy safety options. Active cruise control with pre-collision warning system and braking intervention, blind-spot monitors, lane-departure warning system, and lane-keep system are just a few of the available features.
Standard Safety Features
- EDriver and front passenger knee airbag
- Force-limiting seat belts with pretensioners
- Vehicle Dynamics Integrated Management (VDIM) system
- Front and rear side-curtain airbag Supplemental Restraint System (SRS)
- 3-point belts for all seating positions, including rear center position and height adjustable front shoulder belt anchors
- Four-channel, four-sensor Anti-locking Braking System (ABS) integrated with Brake Assist (BA), Vehicle Stability Control (VSC), and Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD)
- Seat-mounted side airbag SRS for front and rear seats
- Impact-dissipating upper interior trim
- Vehicle Stability Control (VSC) system
- Tire pressure monitor system (TPMS) system
- Daytime Running Lights (DRL)
- Driver and front passenger airbag
- Electronic Parking Brake with AUTO feature
- Automatic locking retractor (ALR)/Emergency Locking Retractor (ELR) seat belt function on all seating positions except driver (ELR only)
- Supplemental Restraint System (SRS) with occupant-detecting front passenger airbag cutoff mechanism
- Front and rear energy-managing crumple zones
- Rear back-up camera with static guidelines
- Blind Spot Monitor with Rear Cross Traffic Alert
The News Wheel is a digital auto magazine providing readers with a fresh perspective on the latest car news. We’re located in the heart of America (Dayton, Ohio) and our goal is to deliver an entertaining and informative perspective on what’s trending in the automotive world. See more articles from The News Wheel.