2016 Lincoln MKZ Overview
The 2016 Lincoln MKZ combines style and safety throughout its luxurious interior and upscale exterior. Technology works in coordination with the driver for effortless connectivity. The sleek and elegant lines offer a sense of power and confidence with every drive.
Keep More Of Your Money: Learn these three ways to appeal a parking ticket
[wptab name=”What’s New”]
What’s new for the 2016 Lincoln MKZ?
The 2016 Lincoln MKZ remains mostly unchanged from the previous year. The 2016 Lincoln MKZ is offered in six equipment groups: Premiere, Premiere Hybrid, Select, Select Hybrid, Reserve, and Reserve Hybrid.
2016 Lincoln MKZ Photos:
2016 Lincoln MKZ Exterior
The 2016 Lincoln MKZ has an expressive sense of style, using elegant simplicity to create a stunning luxury sedan. The integration of lines and curves hold elegance as the standard. The signature Lincoln split-wing grille integrates effortlessly with the hood and headlamps. All details are seamlessly thread together, from the exterior pedestal mirrors to the body-color door handles with chrome inserts. An available fully retractable panoramic roof gives a remarkable view and provides natural light.
2016 Lincoln MKZ Photos:
Exterior available on the 2016 Lincoln MKZ
- Power heated door mirrors with integrated turn signal, Adaptive LED headlamps with auto on/off, Variable intermittent wipers, Rear window defroster, Body-color door handles with chrome insert, Dual integrated bright exhaust tips, Exterior pedestal mirrors, Split-wing grille, Reverse sensing system, LED taillamps, Windshield-acoustic-laminated glass, Solar tinted glass
2016 Lincoln MKZ Performance
The Lincoln MKZ Premiere, MKZ Select, MKZ Reserve, and MKZ Reserve Hybrid trims all offer an efficient six-speed automatic transmission and 2.0-liter EcoBoost four-cylinder engine. This engine is small but mighty, offering 240 horsepower and 270 lb-ft of torque. The MKZ Premiere Hybrid and MKZ Select Hybrid also receive six-speed automatics, but with a hybrid 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine matched with an electric motor, which offer 188 horsepower and 129 lb-ft of torque. A 3.7-liter V6 engine is also available, producing 300 horsepower and 277 lb-ft of torque.
2016 Lincoln MKZ Efficiency
With the 2.0-liter EcoBoost four-cylinder engine, the Lincoln MKZ Premiere, MKZ Select, MKZ Reserve, and MKZ Reserve Hybrid trims all get 22 mpg in the city and 33 mpg on the highway. The MKZ Select Hybrid and the MKZ Premiere Hybrid each offer an EPA-estimated combined mpg 40 combined. To be more specific, the hybrid models yield 41 mpg in the city and 39 mpg on the highway.
2016Lincoln MKZ Interior
Features are not lacking in the interior of the Lincoln MKZ trims. The interior has a genuine wood trim on the doors and instrument panel, while the steering wheel is wrapped in leather. There are 10-way heated front seats with two-way power lumbar, as well as a dual-zone climate control for passenger and driver comfort. There are paddle shifters located on the steering wheel for sportier steering options as well as unconventional but practical transmission control buttons on the center instrumental panel. The interior has a clean and uncluttered appearance due to the specialized placement of the interior features.
2016 Lincoln MKZ Interior Photos:
Interior available on the 2016 Lincoln MKZ Premiere
- 10-way power heated front seats with two-way power lumbar, 60/40 split bench rear seat, Soft touch seats, Genuine wood trim on doors and instrument panel, Leather-wrapped steering wheel, Front and rear floor mats, Instrument cluster with message center, MyKey, Two front and two rear roof-mounted assist handles, Cabin air filtration system, First and second-row dome lamps, Auto-dimming rearview mirror, Manual tilt/telescoping steering column, Driver and front passenger illuminated visors with mirrors, Global open/close windows with key fob, One-touch up-down front and rear windows, Remote decklid release, Easy Fuel capless fuel filler, Dual-zone electronic climate control, Eight cupholders, Overhead console with sunglasses holder, Glove box with valet lock, SYNC with MyLincoln Touch, Lincoln Premium Audio System, 11 speakers, SiriusXM with six-month prepaid subscription
Interior available on the 2016 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid
- Adds to or replaces features on Premiere: Dual LCD next-generation SmartGauge with EcoGuide
Interior available on the 2016 Lincoln MKZ Select
- Adds to or replaces features on Premiere: Leather-trimmed seats, Power tilt/telescoping steering column
Interior available on the 2016 Lincoln MKZ Select Hybrid
- Adds to or replaces features on Select: Dual LCD next-generation SmartGauge with EcoGuide
Interior available on the 2016 Lincoln MKZ Reserve
- Adds to or replaces features on Select: 10-way heated and cooled power front seats with two-way power lumbar, Perforated leather-trimmed seats, BLIS with Cross-Traffic Alert, Power decklid, Navigation System with voice activation
Interior available on the 2016 Lincoln MKZ Reserve Hybrid
- Adds to or replaces features on Reserve: Dual LCD next-generation SmartGauge with EcoGuide
2016 Lincoln MKZ Safety
The 2016 Lincoln MKZ comes standard with stability and traction control, antilock disc brakes, and front side-impact airbags. All trims have rearview cameras and a blind-spot monitoring system. Sync provides emergency assistance if the airbags deploy, and the programmable MyKey System allows parents to set speed and stereo limits for their young drivers. To keep drivers safer while in motion, there is rear cross-traffic alert, a lane-departure warning system, and an intervention system to keep the car in its lane. There is also a forward collision warning system with brake priming and inflatable rear seatbelts.
Standard Safety Features
- Power four-wheel disc brakes with anti-lock brake system and electronic brake force distribution
- Driver and front passenger dual-stage airbags, front seat side-impact airbags, front knee airbags, side-curtain airbags
- Child-safety rear door locks
- Emergency trunk release
- LATCH (Lower Anchors and Tethers for Children)
- SOS Post-Crash Alert System
- Personal Safety System
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System
Safe Driving Tips: Put these 10 items in your car’s emergency kit