2016 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Overview
The 2016 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class is a fleet of adaptable and affordable performance vehicles. Whether drivers prefer an exposed cabin or a sense of solitude, the Mercedes SLK can meet their needs. Thanks to a few performance upgrades, driving the Mercedes SLK-Class of roadsters is more optimized than ever before.
There are three trims in the 2016 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class of vehicles: the SLK 300, the SLK 350, and the AMG SLK55.
[wptab name=”What’s New”]
What’s New for the 2016 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class?
The 2016 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class receives some new updates and trims this year. The SLK 250 trim is replaced by a Mercedes SLK 300 trim. The SLK 300 uses a 2.0-liter turbocharged engine, rather than the SLK 250’s 1.8-liter engine, granting it more performance power. Additionally, the Mercedes SLK 350 upgrades from a six-speed manual transmission to a 9-speed automatic transmission.
2016 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Exterior
Designed to be a sleek and aerodynamic car, the 2016 Mercedes-Benz SLK looks as good as it drives. The body of the SLK is designed to race headlong into the wind with little resistance. Its convertible mode allows for that wind to flow through the cabin. However, the SLK also comes equipped with a retractable hardtop for when conditions are not ideal.
2016 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Exterior Photos
Exterior on the SLK 300
- LED daytime running lamps, Retractable hardtop, Panorama roof, 17-inch 10-spoke wheels, LED taillamps, Heated power side mirrors with power fold-in, Rain-sensing windshield wipers
Exterior on the SLK 350
- AMG body styling, 18-inch 5-spoke wheels
Exterior on the AMG SLK55
- AMG sport suspension, AMG sport exhaust, 18-inch AMG 5-spoke wheels, Bi-Xenon headlamps with active curve illumination
2016 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Performance
The Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class receives two major upgrades to performance in 2016. The new SLK 300 trim replaces the SLK 250’s 1.8-liter engine with a 2.0-liter turbocharged four-cylinder engine. This helps the SLK 300 achieve a horsepower of 241 and 272 lb-ft of torque. Meanwhile, the SLK 350 receives a brand new 9G-Tronic nine-speed automatic transmission, allowing for easier adjustments in speed for the vehicle.
2016 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Efficiency
Each model of the SLK has its own fuel efficiency. The AMG SLK55 gets 19 mpg in the city and 28 mpg on the highway. The SLK 350 receives a similar fuel efficiency. It has a 21/29 City/Highway mpg. The SLK 300 has the best fuel economy, with a city mpg of 25 and 32 mpg on the highway.
2016 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Interior
As beautiful as the SLK vehicles are on the outside, they are similarly breathtaking on the inside. The hardtop comes packaged with a panorama roof for incredible views. Eight-way power sport seats with memory help drivers achieve a new level of comfort. Upgrading to the SLK 350 increases the luxury. Heated seats warm drivers, while the AIRSCARF neck-level ventilation system creates a virtual scarf to keep drivers warm or cool under pressure.
2016 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Interior Photos
Interior on the SLK 300
- Aluminum interior trim, Multifuction 3-spoke sport steering wheel, brushed aluminum pedals, MB-Tex upholstery, Eight-way power sport seats with memory, Four-way power steering column
- ECO Start/Stop system, 4.5-inch color instrument cluster display, SmartKey with infrared-remote window operation, Night security illumination, Illuminated entry system, Integrated compass, HomeLink™ garage door opener, Brake HOLD feature, 5.8-inch color in-dash display, HD Radio receiver, Hands-free Bluetooth interface, Bluetooth audio streaming, Eight-speaker audio system, USB audio port
Interior on the SLK 350
- Heated seats, Leather upholstery, AIRSCARF neck-level heating system, heated seats
- Harman/kardon LOGIC7 surround sound system, Infrared-remote hardtop operation, KEYLESS-GO ignition system, Prewiring for Becker MAP PILOT
Interior on the AMG SLK55
- Direct ambient lighting in Solar Red, IWC® “Ingenieur” dashtop analog clock, AMG Nappa leather upholstery with contrasting stitching, Auto-dimming rearview and driver-side mirrors
- SiriusXM Radio with six-month All Access trial
2016 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Safety
Speaking of pressure, the 2016 Mercedes-Benz fleet of SLK vehicles come equipped with several safety features to guarantee security. Specialized Neck-Pro head restraints mitigate the effect of whiplash during an accident. Meanwhile, eight-way air bag protections cushions passengers from blows at every angle. The Electronic Stability Program monitors driving inputs to keep drivers on their intended direction.
Standard Safety Features
- Attention Assist
- 8-way air bag protection
- NECK-PRO head restraints
- Electronic Stability Program
- Antilock Braking System
- Brake Assist
- Adaptive braking technology
- Electronic parking brake
- Dual roll bars
- Advanced Tire Pressure Monitoring System
- Antitheft alarm system with remote panic feature
- Mercedes-Benz mbrace with five years of service
The News Wheel is a digital auto magazine providing readers with a fresh perspective on the latest car news. We’re located in the heart of America (Dayton, Ohio) and our goal is to deliver an entertaining and informative perspective on what’s trending in the automotive world. See more articles from The News Wheel.