2016 Porsche Macan Overview
The 2016 Porsche Macan is a sporty and agile luxury crossover that features a top speed of 164 mph and is capable of accelerating from 0 to 60 mph in just 4.6 seconds. The 2016 Porsche Macan also features a seven-speed PDK transmission that allows the driver to choose between both the automatic and manual option at the push of a button. The all-new Macan also is equipped with advanced technology such as Porsche Car Connect, which allows drivers to check the location of their Porsche, as well as the status of its doors and windows via a smartphone app.
The 2016 Porsche Macan is offered in two trim levels: the Macan S and the Macan Turbo.
[wptab name=”What’s New?”]
What’s New for the 2016 Porsche Macan?
The 2016 Porsche Macan provides the option of a surround view camera that gives an all-around view of the car and a 360 degree view of its immediate surrounding. This is accomplished via four cameras positioned on the front end, both mirrors, and the rear, which allow the driver to choose from “bird’s eye” view, side view, and corner view. The 2016 Macan also comes with optional three-zone climate control system that allows for separate air conditioning settings for the driver, passenger, rear seats, and even the glove compartment.
2016 Porsche Macan S Photos:
2016 Porsche Macan Turbo Photos:
2016 Porsche Macan Exterior
The 2016 Porsche Macan offers a sleek and modern look, with plenty of flash courtesy of its sport tailpipes and unique front fascia. The crossover’s side blades and optional 21-inch wheels are also attention grabbers.
2016 Porsche Macan Exterior Photos:
Exterior available on the 2016 Porsche Macan S:
- Variable intermittent rain sensing wipers, Privacy glass, Rear defogger, All season tires, Fixed lifgate window
Exterior available on the 2016 Porsche Macan Turbo:
- Significantly larger air intakes, Variable intermittent rain sensing wipers, Privacy glass, Rear defogger, All season tires, Fixed lifgate window
2016 Porsche Macan Performance
The 2016 Porsche Macan S comes equipped with a 3.0-liter twin-turbo V6 engine, which is capable of 340 horsepower and 339 lb-ft of torque. The 2016 Porsche Macan Turbo features a 3.6-liter twin-turbo V6 engine that produces 400 horsepower and 406 lb-ft of torque. Both trims include the seven-speed PDK transmission that can switch between gears in the fraction of a second, so there’s virtually no interruption in power.
2016 Porsche Macan Efficiency
The 2016 Porsche Macan sports an EPA estimated fuel efficiency of 17 mpg in the city and 23 mpg on the highway. The 2016 Macan also features an integrated dry-sump lubrication system for its engine that ensures a dependable oil supply for every driving scenario. The Macan’s oil supply is located inside the engine to save both weight and space, while an electronic pump provides the correct amount of oil, as needed.
The interior of the 2016 Porsche Macan features everything you would expect from the luxury sports car manufacturer. Equipped with a multi function sports steering wheel, advanced infotainment system, and a three-way split-folding rear bench, the all-new Macan is truly one of the most advanced compact vehicles on the road.
2016 Porsche Macan Interior Photos:
Interior Features available on 2016 the Porsche Macan S:
- Tilt and telescopic steering wheel, Dual zone climate controls, Height adjustable driver seat, Dual illuminating vanity mirrors, Universal remote transmitter
Interior Features available on the 2016 Porsche Macan Turbo:
- Heated steering wheel, Multi-level heating passenger seat, Rear ventilation ducts with fan control, Tilt and telescopic steering wheel, Dual zone climate controls, Height adjustable driver seat, Dual illuminating vanity mirrors, Universal remote transmitter
2016 Porsche Macan Safety
The 2016 Porsche Macan uses high-tech and high-strength steels in its design to provide additional protection for its driver and passengers. The 2016 Macan also features full-size airbags for the driver and front seat passenger, as well as side airbags and curtain airbags. The Macan also features Porsche’s Side Impact Protection System.
Standard Safety Features
- 4-wheel ABS
- Adaptive Cruise Control w/Porsche Active Safe (PAS)
- Remote anti-theft alarm system
- Dual front with head protection chambers side-mounted airbags
- Xenon high intensity discharge headlamp
- Lane Change Assist (LCA)
- Rear door child safety locks