2016 Scion tC Overview
As one of Scion’s best-selling models, the tC has a lot to live up to. This coupe-looking car which is actually a hatchback features Toyota/Lexus’ signature grille, a bunch of premium features, and even the Release Series limited edition that boasts an eye-catching orange-and-black color combo.
Stay Safe: Summer Driving Tips For a Safe, Cool Season
[wptab name=”What’s New”]
What’s New for the 2016 Scion tC?
For 2016, Scion has revamped the tC slightly to help attract an even broader range of drivers to the brand. Upgrades include silver door handles, a leather shift knob, a 7-inch Pioneer touchscreen display, smart key and push-button start, and a rear windshield wiper.
The 2016 Scion tC comes in one base trim level with plenty of opportunities to accessorize.
2016 Scion tC Exterior
The 2016 Scion tC’s sleek style and sophisticated air are unexpected for a vehicle with an MSRP of $20,180. Color choices include bright options like Blue Streak Metallic and Absolutely Red, and more demure hues like Cement (silver) and Cosmic Gray. The tC boasts plenty of standard features for this price, including projector-beam headlights, 18-inch alloy wheels, and power side mirrors with integrated LED turn signals.
Exterior available on the tC:
- Power side mirrors with LED turn signal indicators, Intermittent front windshield wipers, Rear window wiper, Chrome-tipped exhaust, Panoramic glass roof with front power tilt/slide moonroof, Projector-beam headlights, 18-inch alloy wheels, Front bumper LED accent lights, Rear combination lights with LED stop lamps
2016 Scion tC Performance
Hiding underneath the hood of the 2016 Scion tC is a 2.5-liter engine that’s raring to go. This four-cylinder motor is good for 179 horsepower and 172 lb-ft of torque, enabling the tC to zip down the street and navigate the city with ease. The engine is mated to a standard six-speed manual transmission, although a six-speed automatic with paddle shifters and dynamic rev management is also available.
2016 Scion tC Efficiency
Efficiency isn’t one of the 2016 tC’s strongest points, but it still gets a respectful 23 mpg city, 31 mpg highway, and 26 mpg combined. These figures remain the same whether you choose the manual transmission or the automatic transmission.
For under $20,000, the 2016 Scion tC offers one of the best deals you’ll get on standard interior features. Every model comes equipped with a leather steering wheel and shift knob, a height-adjustable driver’s seat, a 7-inch touchscreen display with Aha Internet Radio, and Bluetooth connectivity. You can also opt for accessories like an auto-dimming rearview mirror, all-weather floor mats, and an interior light kit.
Interior available on the tC:
- Air conditioner, Power windows with driver-side auto up/down, Power door locks, Smart key with push-button start, Rear window defogger, Milti-information display, Digital clock, Tachometer & trip meter, Tilt/telescopic steering wheel with audio controls, Leather-trimmed steering wheel, Leather-trimmed shift knob, Cruise control, Sport front bucket seats, Height-adjustable driver seat, 60/40-split reclining flat-fold rear seats, Dual sun visors with vanity mirrors, Eco-driving indicator, Auto-off headlamp control
- 0-inch touchscreen Display Audio, AHA® internet radio integration, Voice recognition, Hands-free phone capability and music streming via Bluetooth wireless technology, USB port with iPod connectivity, Auxiliary audio jack, Speakers, Fender-mounted AM/FM antenna
2016 Scion tC Safety
The Scion tC was named a 2015 Top Safety Pick by the IIHS, and we fully expect the 2016 model to follow in the same footsteps. A comprehensive suite of airbags deploys if and when the vehicle gets into an accident, and Star Safety System comes standard on every model. This system includes traction control, stability control, anti-lock brakes, brake assist, and smart stop technology.
Standard Safety Features
Vehicle stability control
- Traction control
- Anti-lock brake system, Electronic brake-force distribution, Brake assist
- Smart Stop Technology
- Driver and front passenger seat-mounted side airbags, Front and rear side curtain airbags, Driver and front passenger knee airbags
- 3-point seatbelts for all seating positions
- LATCH system for child safety seats
- Driver and front passenger active headrests
- Tire pressure monitoring system
- First aid kit
Car Parts: Essential Terms You Need to Know