2017 Acura TLX Overview
The 2017 Acura TLX is a mid-size luxury sedan that carries a starting MSRP of $31,900. With that affordable price tag, a quiet interior, and excellent handling capabilities, the new Acura TLX offers consumers the chance to own a luxury model, but at a significantly lower price than many of its European rivals. In addition, the ’17 Acura TLX offers many of the latest safety technologies available on the auto market, as well as a super handling all-wheel drive system. Competition for the Acura TLX includes the Audi A4, Mercedes-Benz C-Class, and Lincoln MKZ.
Celebrity Rides: You won’t believe these 5 stars drive bright pink cars
[wptab name=”What’s New”]
What’s New for the 2017 Acura TLX?
The 2017 Acura TLX is largely unchanged from its previous model year, though Acura is offering three new exterior color options, which are San Marino Red, Lunar Silver Metallic and Modern Steel Metallic.
2017 Acura TLX Photos:
2017 Acura TLX Exterior
The Acura TLX uses the same platform as the Honda Accord, but it features a wider and longer body, which gives it a sportier appearance. Consumers should also enjoy the Jewel Eye LED headlights featured on the front of the vehicle, while uniquely designed 17-inch alloy wheels also come standard with the ’17 TLX sedan. Furthermore, consumers with big enough bank accounts can opt for the available Advanced package, which provides LED fog lights and auto-dimming side mirrors. Exterior color options for the 2017 Acura TLX include Fathom Blue Pearl, San Marino Red, and Crystal Black Pearl.
2017 Acura TLX Photos:
Exterior available on the 2017 Acura TLX Standard
- Auto on/off headlights, Power moonroof, Remote-operated windows, JEWEL EYE®LED headlights, Heated side mirrors with integrated turn signals, LED taillights, Capless fuel lid, LED daytime running lights
Exterior available on the 2017 Acura TLX Technology Package
- Adds to or replaces features on Standard: Rain-sensing windshield wipers
Exterior available on the 2017 Acura TLX Advance Package
- Adds to or replaces features on Technology Package: LED fog lights, Auto-dimming side mirrors, Puddle light welcome lighting
2017 Acura TLX Performance
Taking the step up from the Honda Accord to the Acura TLX means you’ll get more powerful engine options for your four-door sedan. The ’17 TLX comes standard with a 2.4-liter four-cylinder engine and eight-speed dual clutch transmission, which work together to pump out 206 horsepower and 182 lb-ft of torque. For a sportier ride, consumers can select a 3.5-liter V6 that’s rated at 290 horsepower and 267 lb-ft of torque. The V6 motor only comes matched with a nine-speed automatic transmission. Also, buyers have the choice between standard all-wheel drive or they can go with Acura’s advanced super handling all-wheel drive system.
2017 Acura TLX Efficiency
The 2017 Acura TLX might not offer the same creature comforts as the Mercedes-Benz C-Class or the advanced computer equipment of the Audi A4, but the new TLX does offer impressive fuel economy that’s sure to reduce trips to the gas station. In fact, the FWD Acura TLX with the base four-cylinder yields EPA-estimated fuel economy of 24 mpg in the city and 35 on the highway. Moreover, for those consumers who step up to the V6 engine, they’ll experience efficiency of 21 mpg in the city and 34 mpg on the highway. Lastly, the ’17 Acura TLX equipped with the V6 engine and available all-wheel drive system will provide fuel economy of 21 mpg in the city and 31 mpg on the highway. Every 2017 TLX comes standard with a 17.2 gallon fuel tank.
2017 Acura TLX Interior
The 2017 Acura TLX offers a high quality interior that’s complete with many soft touch surfaces and the cabin is also said to be very quiet while traveling down the highway. In addition, drivers of the new TLX should enjoy the heated front seats, rearview camera, and dual-zone climate control, which all come standard. Also standard are two screens located in the center of the dashboard, one of which is an 8-inch display screen and the other a 7-inch touchscreen, which provide access to music and smartphone apps, among other features. Furthermore, passengers in the rear seats will also enjoy copious amounts of legroom, while the trunk provides more than 13 cubic feet of cargo space.
2017 Acura TLX Interior Photos:
Interior available on the 2017 Acura TLX Standard
- Sport seats with leatherette-trimmed interior, Driver’s 10-way power seat with power lumbar support, Front passenger’s 4-way power seat, Heated front seats, 60/40 split fold-down rear seatback, Dual-zone automatic climate control with humidity control and air filtration, Leather-wrapped steering wheel, Tilt and telescopic steering column, Leather-wrapped shift knob, Active sound control, Automatic-dimming rearview mirror, Keyless Access system, Pushbutton ignition, Steering-wheel-mounted controls, Acura Premium 7-speaker audio system, USB audio interface with iPod integration, Bluetooth streaming audio, MP3/auxiliary input jack, Speed-sensitive volume compensation, Siri Eyes Free, Multi-view rear camera with dynamic guidelines
Interior available on the 2017 Acura TLX Technology Package
- Adds to or replaces features on Standard: Sport seats with perforated Milano premium leather-trimmed interior, GPS-linked automatic climate control, Voice recognition, Electronic gear selector (V6 only), Song by Voice®, Phonebook exchange for Bluetooth HandsFreeLink®, Acura Navigation system with Acuralink Real-Time Traffic™, Forward Collision Warning system, Lane Keeping Assist system, Blind Spot Information System, Rear Cross Traffic Monitor
Interior available on the 2017 Acura TLX Advance Package
- Adds to or replaces features on Technology Package: Front passenger’s 8-way power seat, Heated and ventilated front seats, Collision Mitigation Braking System™ with head-up warning, Adaptive Cruise Control with Low-Speed Follow, Front and rear parking sensors, Road Departure Mitigation system
2017 Acura TLX Safety
While the Acura TLX earned the best possible safety rating of five stars from the NHTSA, in crash tests performed by the IIHS, the TLX only received a “Marginal” rating in the small-overlap front crash test. The new TLX comes standard with safety features like stability and traction control, multiple airbags, and antilock brakes. Acura also offers a Technology package with the TLX that adds advanced safety equipment such as blind-spot monitoring, forward collision alert, lane departure warning, and rear cross-traffic alert. For additional safety features, the Advance package is available at an additional charge. This package includes LED fog lights, adaptive cruise control, and a forward collision mitigation system with autonomous braking, as well as rear and front parking sensors.
Standard Safety Features
- Dual-stage, multiple-threshold front airbags (SRS)
- Side curtain airbags
- Driver’s knee airbag
- Vehicle Stability Assist™ with traction control and motion adaptive steering
- Agile handling assist
- 4-wheel anti-lock braking system (ABS) with Electronic Brake Distribution (EBD) and Brake assist
- Hill start assist
- Tire pressure monitoring system with location and pressure indicators and tire fill assist
Fact or Fiction: Does Drake actually own a Maybach 62S worth more than $1 million?