2017 Cadillac XT5 Overview
The 2017 Cadillac XT5 is a crossover SUV with a starting MSRP of $38,995. The new XT5 comes with a spacious interior, sleek exterior design, and it also comes standard with Cadillac’s award winning rear camera mirror. The 2017 XT5 will compete in the same segment as the Lincoln MKX, Lexus RX, and Mercedes-Benz GLC-Class.
More Cadillac Models: Get the full details on the 2016 Caddy CTS Sedan
[wptab name=”What’s New”]
What’s New for the 2017 Cadillac XT5?
The 2017 Cadillac XT5 is a brand new model and it is replacing Cadillac’s best-selling SRX crossover. The XT5 weighs approximately 300 pounds less and is roughly two inches longer than the outgoing SRX. The 2017 Cadillac XT5 is offered in four trim levels: XT5, Luxury, Premium Luxury, and Platinum.
2017 Cadillac XT5 Photos:
2017 Cadillac XT5 Exterior
The 2017 Cadilalc XT5 offers a sleeker and more daring exterior design than the popular SRX model. The 2017 XT5 comes standard with 18-inch aluminum wheels, LED daytime running lights, and a hands-free power liftgate. Exterior color options include Radiant Silver Metallic, Red Passion Tintcoat, and Stellar Black Metallic. For an additional cost, the XT5 is also available with a compact spare tire, black molded splash guards, and larger 20-inch wheel designs.
2017 Cadillac XT5 Photos:
Exterior available on the 2017 Cadillac XT5
- 18-inch Blade Silver painted aluminum wheels, Bright, brush-aluminum roof rails, Capless fueling system, Deep-tinted glass, Body-color door handles with chrome strip, Halogen headlamps, Automatic on/off headlamps, LED daytime running lamps, Power rear liftgate, Body-color, heated, manual-folding, power-adjustable outside mirrors, Side-mounted turn signal indicator lamps, Rear spoiler, Tire inflation kit, Acoustic laminated windshield and front door glass, Rear intermittent wiper with washer, Front intermittent wiper, Roof mounted antenna
Exterior available on the 2017 Cadillac XT5 Luxury
- 18-inch bright, machined faced aluminum wheels with LightArgent accents, Double-sized UltraView power glass sunroof, Power-adjustable, power-folding, auto dimming, heated, body-color outside mirrors, Rainsense front intermittent wipers
Exterior available on the 2017 Cadillac XT5 Premium Luxury
- 20-inch Sterling Silver painted finish aluminum wheels, Illuminated door handles, Driver Awareness Package, Front part and cornering lamps, Intellibeam headlamps, LED headlamps
Exterior available on the 2017 Cadillac XT5 Platinum
- 20-inch 12-spoke fully polished aluminum wheels, Advanced Security Package, Locking wheel lugs, Power liftgate with hands-free feature
2017 Cadillac XT5 Performance
The 2017 Cadillac XT5 is equipped with a 3.6-liter V6 engine that’s good for 310 horsepower and 271 lb-ft of torque. That engine is married to an eight-speed automatic transmission. The base model SRX is only available in front-wheel drive, while the top-level Platinum trim comes solely equipped with all-wheel drive. The Luxury and Premium Luxury models offer the choice between those two systems. In addition, for those interested in a turbocharged four-cylinder engine, Cadillac President Johan de Nysschen said the XT5 could be offered with a turbo-four in the future.
2017 Cadillac XT5 Efficiency
The XT5’s 3.6-liter V6 engine utilizes variable valve timing, cylinder deactivation, and auto stop/start technology in order to provide the new crossover with the best fuel efficiency possible. The front-wheel drive version of the 2017 XT5 yields an EPA-estimated 19 mpg in the city and 27 mpg on the highway. The all-wheel drive model yields fuel economy of 18 mpg in the city and 26 mpg on the highway. In addition, the base model Cadillac XT5 comes with a 19.4 gallon fuel tank, while the three other trims feature 21.7 gallon fuel tanks.
2017 Cadillac XT5 Interior
The interior of 2017 Cadillac XT5 is roomier and more technological advanced–as far as the infotainment system goes–than its SRX predecessor. Rear passengers receive about 1.5 inches of additional legroom than can be found in the old SRX, and the CUE infotainment system has been updated to include a faster processor. It also features Apple CarPlay compatibility, with an Android Auto update coming later in the year. The base model features leatherette upholstery, but the upper-level models feature genuine leather and real wood trim that give the XT5 a true upscale feel. As for storage capabilities, the XT5 offers 30 cubic feet of storage space behind the rear seats; that number grows to 63 cubic feet when the back seats are folded flat.
2017 Cadillac XT5 Interior Photos:
Interior available on the 2017 Cadillac XT5
- 6-way power seat adjuster for front passenger, Adaptive remote start, Air bag with Passenger Sensing System, Air bags, Cabin air filter, Rear air vents, Cabin humidity sensor, Electronic cruise control with set and resume speed, Rear-window electric defogger, Power programmable door locks, Rear child security door locks, Dual-zone automatic climate control, Carpeted front and rear floor mats, Front bucket seats with 8-way power driver seat adjuster, Gauge cluster, Lockable glovebox, Dual note tone horn, Keyless access, Leather-wrapped steering wheel, Inside mirror with rearview manual day/night, Power tilt and telescoping steering column, Rear vision camera, Second-row 40/20/40 bench, Tire pressure monitoring system, Power front windows with express-up and down, 3-month trial subscription of SiriusXM Satellite Radio, Bose premium 8-speaker system, Cadillac CUE Information and Medium Control System, OnStar Guidance Plan for 1 year, OnStar with 4G LTE, 4 USB ports, 2 auxiliary power outlets, Universal home remote with 3 programmable channels, Wireless charging
Interior available on the 2017 Cadillac XT5 Luxury
- 2-way power passenger lumbar control seat adjuster, 2-way power seat adjuster with driver lumbar control, Cargo management system with adjustable fence, Heated driver and front passenger seats, Heated steering wheel, Inside rearview auto-dimming mirror, Lighting accent, Memory Package, Retractable rear cargo shade, 8-way power front passenger seat adjuster, Driver side thigh extension seat adjuster, Side Blind Zone Alert
Interior available on the 2017 Cadillac XT5 Premium Luxury
- Ventilated driver and front passenger seats, Bose Studio Surround Sound 14-speaker system, Cadillac CUE Information and Media Control system with Embedded Navigation, Driver Awareness Package, Following Distance Indicator, Front Pedestrian Detection
Interior available on the 2017 Cadillac XT5 Platinum
- 8-inch high-definition color gauge cluster, Door locks and latch shields, Premium carpeted front and rear floor mats, Head-up display, Heated rear outboard seating positions, Inclination sensor, Rear camera mirror, Shielded, self-powered theft-deterrent alarm system, Steering column lock control, Tri-zone automatic climate control, Vehicle interior movement sensor, Advanced Security Package, Surround Vision
2017 Cadillac XT5 Safety
The 2017 Cadillac XT5 comes standard with a rear vision camera, OnStar hands-free calling, and antilock disc brakes. The XT5 is also available with a Driver Awareness package, which adds lane departure warning and intervention, forward collision mitigation, a following distance indicator, and front pedestrian detection. This package also includes a vibrating seat that can warn the driver of an impending crash. The XT5 Platinum model also comes standard with Cadillac’s new rear camera mirror, which uses a rear camera and projects the image in the rearview mirror, so drivers receive a full view of what’s happening behind them.
Standard Safety Features
- Air bag with Passenger Sensing System
- Air bags
- Rear child security door locks
- Electric parking brake
- Dual note tone horn
- LED Daytime Running Lamps
- OnStar with 4G LTE
- Rear Park Assist
- Rear Vision Camera
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System
- Traction Control
- OnStar Automatic Crash Response
- OnStar Crisis Assist
- OnStar Emergency Services
- OnStar Hands-Free Calling
- OnStar Low Mileage Discount
- OnStar Remote Door Unlock
- OnStar Remote Horn and Lights
- OnStar Remote Ignition Block
- OnStar Roadside Assistance
- OnStar Stolen Vehicle Assistance
- OnStar Turn-by-Turn Navigation
- OnStar Vehicle Diagnostics
Get The Best Deal: Is it better to buy or lease that new vehicle?
The News Wheel is a digital auto magazine providing readers with a fresh perspective on the latest car news. We’re located in the heart of America (Dayton, Ohio) and our goal is to deliver an entertaining and informative perspective on what’s trending in the automotive world. See more articles from The News Wheel.