2017 Chevrolet Corvette Grand Sport Overview
While the Chevrolet Corvette is considered a great value in the sports car world, the truth is there’s a large price discrepancy between the entry-level Stingray model and the high-performance Z06 variant, but that’s where the new Corvette Grand Sport comes into play. Borrowing many of the Z06’s track features, while maintaining the naturally-aspirated V8 from the Stingray, the Grand Sport offers a unique blend of both vehicles to create a Chevy halo car that’s perfectly at home on long twisty back roads or out on the racetrack.
Fuel For Thought: Find out the real reasons why used cars depreciate slower
[wptab name=”What’s New”]
What’s new for the 2017 Chevrolet Corvette Grand Sport?
This is the first time that Chevy has offered the Corvette Grand Sport since 2010. Besides the standard model, a Collector’s Edition is also available that features a Watkins Glen Gray Metallic paint job, Satin Black stripes, and a distinctive wheel design. Inside the cabin, the Grand Sport Collector’s Edition features a Tension Blue full leather and suede-wrapped interior.
2017 Chevrolet Corvette Grand Sport Photos:
2017 Chevrolet Corvette Grand Sport Exterior
The 2017 Corvette Grand Sport looks more similar to the Z06 than it does the Stingray, but it does comes with its own unique features such as Grand Sport fender vent inserts. Furthermore, the Grand Sport comes equipped with eye-catching 19-inch nickel-plated aluminum wheels up front, while 20-inchers are featured in the rear. Those wheels are wrapped in Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires. However, if you opt for the available Z07 Performance package, then your Grand Sport will receive upgraded Pilot Sport Cup 2 tires. Exterior color options for the new Corvette Grand Sport include Admiral Blue, Blade Silver Metallic, and Torch Red.
2017 Chevrolet Corvette Grand Sport Photos:
Exterior available on the 2017 Chevrolet Corvette Grand Sport 1LT
- Nickel-plated aluminum Grand Sport 19-inch front and 20-inch rear wheels, High-Intensity Discharge (HID) headlamps, Body-color outside heated power-adjustable mirrors, Chrome Badge Package, Body-color carbon-fiber roof panel, Run-flat summer-only tires, Solar-Ray light-tinted glass, Front intermittent wipers, Performance exhaust, Speed-sensitive power steering
Exterior available on the 2017 Chevrolet Corvette Grand Sport 2LT
- Adds to or replaces features on 1LT: Body-color outside heated power-adjustable mirrors with driver-side auto-dimming
Exterior available on the 2017 Chevrolet Corvette Grand Sport 3LT
- Comes with the same exterior features as the 2LT.
2017 Chevrolet Corvette Grand Sport Performance
The 2017 Chevy Corvette Grand Sport comes equipped with a 6.2-liter V8 engine that’s good for up to 460 horsepower and 465 lb-ft of torque. In addition, while the Grand Sport does come standard with a seven-speed manual gearbox, Chevy also offers an eight-speed automatic with paddle shifters at an additional charge. Also, thanks to that naturally-aspirated V8 motor, as well as specialized suspension, chassis, and aerodynamic cues it borrows from the Z06, the new Corvette Grand Sport is capable of rocketing from 0 to 60 mph in just 3.6 seconds.
2017 Chevrolet Corvette Grand Sport Efficiency
The 2017 Chevy Corvette Grand Sport can yield up to 26 mpg on the highway when equipped with the eight-speed automatic transmission, according to Chevrolet’s official web site. However, Chevy has yet to announce efficiency figures for the Grand Sport when equipped with the standard seven-speed manual gearbox. Each 2017 Corvette comes equipped with a standard 18.5 gallon fuel tank.
2017 Chevrolet Corvette Grand Sport Interior
While older Corvettes were known more for their performance capabilities and less for their interiors, that isn’t the case for the 2017 Grand Sport. Once inside the cabin, consumers will find unique Grand Sport badging on the dashboard, floor mats, and head rests, which pay tribute to the original 1963 Corvette Grand Sport. In addition, the Grand Sport comes standard with dual-zone-climate control, a rearvision camera, Sirius XM Satellite Radio, GT bucket seats, and a premium 9-speaker Bose sound system. If those amenities aren’t enough, GM also offers navigation technology and a performance data recorder, which allows drivers to track how well they are doing while on the racetrack.
2017 Chevrolet Corvette Grand Sport Interior Photos:
Interior available on the 2017 Chevrolet Corvette Grand Sport 1LT
- Dual-zone automatic climate control, GT bucket seats, Driver and passenger 8-way seat adjusters, Steering-wheel-integrated controls, Power tilt and telescopic steering column, Bose® premium 9-speaker audio system, Chevrolet MyLink® Radio with 8-inch diagonal color touch screen, SiriusXM® Satellite Radio, Keyless Open and Start, OnStar® 4G LTE and built-in Wi-Fi®hotspot, OnStar Guidance plan, Rear Vision Camera
Interior available on the 2017 Chevrolet Corvette Grand Sport 2LT
- Adds to or replaces features on 1LT: Inside rearview auto-dimming mirror, Power bolster and power lumbar seat adjusters, Heated and vented driver and passenger seats, Luggage shade, Bose® advanced 10-speaker audio system, Head-Up Display, Memory Package, Universal Home Remote, Front curb-view cameras
Interior available on the 2017 Chevrolet Corvette Grand Sport 3LT
- Adds to or replaces features on 2LT: Custom Leather Wrapped Interior Package, Sueded Microfiber-Wrapped Upper Interior Trim Package, Chevrolet MyLink Radio® with performance data recorder and Navigation
2017 Chevrolet Corvette Grand Sport Safety
The 2017 Chevy Corvette Grand Sport comes standard with traction and stability control, multiple airbags, and antilock brakes. Chevy also offers a front curb-view camera on 2LT and 3LT models, which helps to prevent damage to the front splitter. The 2017 Corvette Grand Sport has not undergone safety tests for either the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) or the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA).
Standard Safety Features
- Active handling stability control
- Driver and passenger frontal and side-impact air bags
- OnStar Basic Plan for 5 years
- OnStar Guidance plan
- Performance Traction Management
- Traction control, all-speed
Do You Prefer Trucks Over Sports Cars? Check out GM’s full lineup of pickups
The News Wheel is a digital auto magazine providing readers with a fresh perspective on the latest car news. We’re located in the heart of America (Dayton, Ohio) and our goal is to deliver an entertaining and informative perspective on what’s trending in the automotive world. See more articles from The News Wheel.