2017 Chevrolet Trax Overview
Whether you call it a small SUV or a subcompact crossover, the Chevrolet Trax is a versatile and relatively affordable vehicle option for those people expecting to do a lot of driving in the city. This model also comes with an abundance of standard features, such as a Chevrolet MyLink sound system, a rear vision camera, and 10 standard airbags. For the 2017 model year, the Trax will carry a starting MSRP of $21,000. The 2017 Chevrolet Trax competes against vehicles like the 2017 Jeep Renegade, 2017 Mazda CX-3, and 2017 Fiat 500X.
[wptab name=”What’s New”]
What’s New for the 2017 Chevrolet Trax?
The front and rear fascias of the 2017 Chevrolet Trax have been redesigned this year and now offer halogen projector headlamps and LED taillamps. In addition, the Trax is now standard with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatibility, as well as an extra USB port. One other notable change is that last year’s range-topping LTZ trim has been renamed the Premier.
2017 Chevrolet Trax Photos:
2017 Chevrolet Trax Exterior
The 2017 Chevrolet Trax offers a muscular and bold exterior. Both the dual-port grille and front lights have been redesigned for the 2017 model year to provide a more aggressive look. The standard wheels for the Trax are 16-inch steel rims, but those get replaced by alloy wheels on the all-wheel drive models. What’s more, those buyers who spend a little more on the LT trim will get rear privacy glass, roof rails, and LED daytime running lights. Exterior color options for the 2017 Chevy Trax include Summit White, Silver Ice Metallic, Nightfall Gray Metallic, Mosaic Black Metallic, Blue Topaz Metallic, Orange Burst Metallic, Crimson Metallic, and Red Hot.
2017 Chevrolet Trax Photos:
Exterior available on the 2017 Chevrolet Trax LS
- Remote keyless entry, Theft-deterrent system, 16-inch aluminum wheels, Halogen reflector headlamps, Sculpted tail lamps, Power-adjustable body color mirrors, P205/70R16 all-season blackwall tires, Body color door handles, Front and rear wipers
Exterior available on the 2017 Chevrolet Trax LT
- Adds to or replaces features on LS: Remote vehicle starter system, Halogen projector-type headlamps, LED tail lamps, Roof-mounted luggage rack side rails, Deep-tinted glass, Heated outside mirrors, Silver-painted skid plate
Exterior available on the 2017 Chevrolet Trax Premier
- Adds to or replaces features on LT: Fog lamps, PR215/55R18 all-season blackwall tires, Available 18-inch Midnight Silver aluminum wheels, Body color door handles with chrome accent, Chrome rear appliqué liftgate, Available roof rack cross rails, Available power sunroof
2017 Chevrolet Trax Performance
Every 2017 Chevrolet Trax is powered by a 1.4-liter turbocharged four-cylinder engine and smooth-shifting six-speed automatic transmission. This powertrain provides the new Trax with 138 horsepower and 148 lb-ft of torque, which is enough for the front-wheel drive Trax to accelerate from 0 to 60 mph in less than nine seconds. Furthermore, all three trim levels of the ‘17 Trax give shoppers the choice between front-wheel and all-wheel drive.
2017 Chevrolet Trax Efficiency
Thanks to its silky-smooth six-speed gearbox and turbo motor, the 2017 Chevrolet Trax is able to achieve EPA-estimated fuel efficiency of 25 mpg in the city and 33 mpg on the highway. In contrast, the all-wheel drive Trax provides lower fuel economy ratings, as that model is good for 24 mpg in the city and 30 mpg on the highway. Lastly, every 2017 Trax comes with a 14-gallon fuel tank.
2017 Chevrolet Trax Interior
One major advantage that crossovers have over their sedan counterparts is the amount of interior space they provide and the Chevy Trax is no different. The new Trax offers eight unique cargo configurations thanks to its versatile seats and can also haul items up to eight feet in length when the front passenger seat is folded downward. The 2017 Trax also comes standard with features like Chevrolet MyLink, which supports a six-speaker sound system, as well as Apple CarPlay and Android Auto smartphone integration. What’s more, the 2017 Trax offers 18.7-cubic feet of cargo space behind the rear seats, but that figure rises to more than 48-cubic feet with the rear seats down.
2017 Chevrolet Trax Interior Photos:
Interior available on the 2017 Chevrolet Trax LS
- Power windows with driver express up/down, Single-zone manual air conditioning, Particle air filter, Rear-window electric defogger, Rear floor heater duct, Driver and front passenger vanity mirrors and visors, Front bucket seats, Front passenger flat-folding seatback, Rear 60/40 split-bench seat, Cloth seat trim, Removable cargo security cover, Under rear floor cargo storage, Cup holders, Compass display, Power programmable door locks, Color-keyed and carpeted floor mats, 12-volt auxiliary power outlet, 48.4 cubic feet of cargo space, Chevrolet MyLink® audio system, 7-inch color touch screen, Six speakers, Driver information center, OnStar® with 4G LTE™ and built-in Wi-Fi® hotspot, Steering-wheel mounted audio and phone interface controls, 2 USB ports, 1 auxiliary jack, Apple CarPlay™3 and Android Auto capability
Interior available on the 2017 Chevrolet Trax LT
- Adds to or replaces features on LS: Cruise control, Front passenger underseat storage drawer, 110v power outlet, Available deluxe cloth with leatherette seat trim, SiriusXM® Satellite Radio, Chevrolet MyLink® audio system, OnStar® with 4G LTE™ and built-in Wi-Fi® hotspot, Apple CarPlay™3 and Android Auto capability
Interior available on the 2017 Chevrolet Trax Premier
- Adds to or replaces features on LT: Six-way power driver seat adjuster, Leatherette seat trim, Auto-dimming rearview mirror, Illuminated vanity mirrors, Available all-weather floor mats, Heated driver and front passenger seats, Leather-wrapped steering wheel, Front still plates, Bose® premium sound system, Rear park assist, Chevrolet MyLink® audio system, OnStar® with 4G LTE™ and built-in Wi-Fi® hotspot, Apple CarPlay™3 and Android Auto capability
2017 Chevrolet Trax Safety
Besides coming standard with stability and traction control, a rearview camera, and anti-lock brakes, the new Trax is available with five additional active safety features, which include rear park assist, rear cross traffic alert, side blind zone alert, lane departure warning, and forward collision warning. The latter two are offered with the Premier trim’s available Driver Confidence II package, while the former three are a part of the LT model’s optional Driver Confidence package. Furthermore, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration gave the 2017 Trax its highest possible safety rating of five stars.
Standard Safety Features
- Ten standard air bags
- Daytime running lamps
- Rear child security door locks
- Knee protector, driver and front passenger
- LATCH system
- OnStar® Basic plan for 5 years
- OnStar® Guidance plan for 3 years
- Passenger sensing system
- Rear vision camera
- Dual safety belt pretensioners
- Tire pressure monitor system
The News Wheel is a digital auto magazine providing readers with a fresh perspective on the latest car news. We’re located in the heart of America (Dayton, Ohio) and our goal is to deliver an entertaining and informative perspective on what’s trending in the automotive world. See more articles from The News Wheel.