2017 Lincoln Continental Overview
After being discontinued in 2002, the Lincoln Continental has returned to the luxury sedan segment for the first time in 15 years. Based on the CD4 platform that’s also used with the Lincoln MKZ and Ford Fusion sedans, the 2017 Lincoln Continental comes standard as a front-wheel drive vehicle, but all-wheel drive is available at an extra charge. The new Lincoln Continental distinguishes itself from the rest of the competition thanks to its spacious and well-appointed cabin, while underneath its hood, an available twin-turbocharged V6 rated at 400 horsepower provides plenty of pop. Competition for the 2017 Lincoln Continental includes the Cadillac CT6, BMW 5 Series, and Mercedes-Benz S-Class.
Save More Cash: Discover the benefits of leasing the all-new Lincoln Continental
[wptab name=”What’s New”]
What’s New for the 2017 Lincoln Continental?
The 2017 Lincoln Continental is an all-new model that replaces the MKS sedan. The Lincoln Continental reappeared without notice at the 2015 New York Auto Show as a concept vehicle and then made another appearance at the 2016 Detroit Auto Show. Besides minor design changes to the front fascia and the use of more mainstream colors inside the cabin, the production model largely resembles the concept vehicle. The 2017 Lincoln Continental is available in four trims: Premiere 100A, Select 200A, Reserve 300A, and Black Label 800A.
2017 Lincoln Continental Photos:
2017 Lincoln Continental Exterior
The 2017 Lincoln Continental sedan features a refined exterior design that’s highlighted by its standard LED taillights, 18-inch aluminum wheels, and Lincoln chrome mesh grille. In addition, while the 10th-generation Lincoln Continental isn’t the type of vehicle that causes traffic to stop–like the new Acura NSX or Porsche 718 Cayman–the Continental is quietly stylish in its own right and its dual chrome exhaust tips hint at the power hidden underneath its hood. Exterior color options for the 2017 Lincoln Continental include Ruby Red Metallic Tinted Clearcoat, Midnight Sapphire Blue Metallic, and White Platinum Metallic Tri-Coat.
2017 Lincoln Continental Photos:
Exterior available on the 2017 Lincoln Continental 100A Premiere
- E-Latch beltline integrated advanced electronic door handle, Dual chrome exhaust tips, Bright Fender Vents, Adaptive Bi-functional HID headlights with LED Daytime Running lights, Power-heated and -folding mirrors with integrated turn signals and security approach lights, Lincoln Chrome Mesh Grille, Active Grille Shutters, LED taillights, Laminated windows, Manual trunk lid, Variable-speed windshield wipers, 18-inch Premium Magnetic-Painted Aluminum Wheels
Exterior available on the 2017 Lincoln Continental 200A Select
- Hands-free Power Trunk Lid, E-Latch Power Door Cinch Closing, 19-inch Premium Dark Stainless-Painted Aluminum Wheel with Chrome Inserts
Exterior available on the 2017 Lincoln Continental 300A Reserve
- 19-inch Polished Aluminum Wheel with Premium Ebony-Painted Pockets
Exterior available on the 2017 Lincoln Continental 800A Black Label
- Active Grille Shutters; AM/FM Antenna Integrated in Rear-window; Black Label Badging; Bright Lower and Rear Fascia Accents; Chrome belt line integrated E-Latch door handle; Chrome Mesh Upper Grille; Chrome Surround Windows; Configurable LED Daytime Running Lamps; Dual chrome exhaust tips; Bright Fender Vents; Easy Fuel® capless fuel-filter; E-Latch door handle with power door cinch closing; Hands-free foot-activated trunk-lid; Dynamic Lincoln Embrace headlamps with Fade on Fade off Lincoln Embrace; Intermittent windshield Wipers; LED Tail Lamps; Lincoln Chrome Mesh Grille; Lower Door Bright; Power-folding, power-adjustable, heated, body-colored mirrors with memory; 20-inch Polished Aluminum Wheels
2017 Lincoln Continental Performance
Drivers interested in the 2017 Lincoln Continental will get to pick from three capable engine options. The standard engine is a naturally aspirated 3.7-liter V6 that pumps out 305 horsepower and 280 lb-ft of torque. Also available is a 2.7-liter turbocharged V6 that’s good for 334 horsepower and 380 lb-ft of torque. However, for the best performance possible, buyers should check out the twin-turbo V6 motor rated at 400 horsepower and 400 lb-ft of torque. All three engines are paired with a six-speed automatic transmission. Furthermore, TopGear.com has estimated that the 2017 Lincoln Continental should be able to accelerate from 0 to 60 mph in just six seconds with the 400-horsepower V6 engine.
2017 Lincoln Continental Efficiency
When equipped with the standard 3.7-liter V6 engine, the 2017 Lincoln Continental yields EPA-estimated fuel economy of 17 mpg in the city and 26 mpg on the highway. However, those figures drop to 16 mpg in the city and 24 mph on the highway with the available all-wheel drive system. For the best efficiency possible, the 2017 Continental with the 2.7-liter turbocharged V6 is good for 18 mpg in the city and 27 mpg on the highway. Every 2017 Lincoln Continental comes standard with an 18 gallon fuel tank.
2017 Lincoln Continental Interior
Lincoln made sure that the cabin for the new Continental would be one of its strongest selling points. For starters, the driver will sit in Perfect Position Seats, which can be adjusted in 30 different ways in order to accommodate all different body types. In addition, rear seat passengers have their own controls in the back of the sedan, so they can adjust the radio or climate settings. These seats also feature heating and massage abilities that take comfort to the next level. Moreover, top-level wood and leather materials can be found throughout the spacious cabin, while active noise control and laminated glass make sure the interior is as quiet as it is luxurious.
2017 Lincoln Continental Interior Photos:
Interior available on the 2017 Lincoln Continental 100A Premiere
- Driver seat memory; 10-way heated power front seats with lumbar support; Luxury Soft Touch Seats; Rear seat AC/heat vents; Wood Trim on instrument panel, door panels, console, and media bin; Leather-wrapped steering wheel with audio, climate, and cruise controls; Front and rear floor mats, Message center with trip computer and compass, Ambient lighting; Cabin air filtration system; Rear window defroster; Rear-Seat reading lights; Three 12V powerpoints; Power tilt and telescoping steering column with memory; Illuminated visor vanity mirrors; Power windows with front one-touch-down; One-touch-up/-down rear window; Global open/close windows; Power door-locks with autolock; Dual-zone electronic automatic temperature control; Overhead console with sunglasses holder; Front seat-back map pockets; Front console with armrest and storage; Glove compartment with soft open/close; Scuff plates, Push-button start; Intelligent access with push-button start; Active Noise Cancellation; 110V power outlet, SYNC 3, MyLincoln Mobile App, Eight-inch LCD Capacitive Touchscreen in Center Stack with Swipe Capability, Lincoln Premium Audio System with 10 Speakers, SiriusXM Satelite Radio, Reverse Sensing System, Universal garage door opener, Remote start system, Cruise control, Front and Rear Park Assist, Hill Start Assist, Forward Sensing System
Interior available on the 2017 Lincoln Continental 200A Select
- Bridge of Weir Deep Soft Leather-trimmed seats, Two rear-seat USB Smart charging ports
Interior available on the 2017 Lincoln Continental 300A Reserve
- 24-Way Heated/Cooled Front Seats with Power Thigh Extender and Headrest, Rear-seat Electronic Temperature Control, Tri-Zone Electronic Automatic Temperature Control, Navigation System with SiriusXM Traffic and SiriusXM Travel Link, Blind-spot Information System with Cross-Traffic Alert
Interior available on the 2017 Lincoln Continental 800A Black Label
- Accessory delay for power features; Alcantara® headliner; Ambient Lighting; Cabin Particulate Air Filter; Cargo Net; Center-console mounted shifter; First row and second row floormats with Black Label logo and Alcantara® trim; Illuminated Entry System; Illuminated visor vanity mirrors; Luxury Console; Message Center with Trip computer and Compass; Overhead console with sunglasses holder; Outside Temperature Display; Power converter 110V outlet; Power door-locks with autolock; Media bin powerpoint, Console bin powerpoint, Rear console powerpoint; Rear Heat/AC vents in center console; Rear-seat armrest with cupholders and storage; Rear-seat electronic temperature control; Rear-seat reading lamps; Scuff Plates; Venetian Leather seats with Embroidered Black Label insignia; 24-way, heated and cooled front seats with Power Thigh Extender and headrest; Driver’s seat with 2-way lumbar support and memory; Passenger lumbar support; Power driver and passenger seat recline; 2nd-row 60/40 folding seats; Front seat-back map pockets; Smart-charging USB ports in rear; Soft open/close glove compartment; Leather-Wrapped Steering Wheel and Driver Airbag, Heated with Speed, Audio, Climate Controls, power-tilt/telescoping steering column with memory; Tri-Zone Electronic Automatic Temperature Control; Power windows with front one-touch-down feature; One-touch-up/down rear-window; Global open/close windows; Wood Trim on instrument panel, door panels, console, and media bin; Chalet theme; Available Rhapsody in Blue theme; Available Thoroughbred Theme, SYNC 3; Lincoln Experience with Signature Lighting Fade on, Lincoln Approach Detection System, Welcome/Farewell Elements, LED Signature Lighting Lincoln Approach Detection System, Lincoln Welcome Mat, Illuminated door handle, Autofold power sideview mirrors, Dynamic Signature Lighting; SiriusXM Radio; Revel® Ultima System with 19 Speakers, CD Player, HD Radio™, and AM/FM Radio; Adaptive Steering; Blind Spot Information System with cross-traffic alert; Forward Sensing System; Reverse Sensing System; Rear View Camera; MyKey®; Universal Garage Door Opener; SecuriCode™ Invisible Keypad
2017 Lincoln Continental Safety
The 2017 Lincoln Continental is a new model that has yet to be safety tested by either the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) or Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS). The Lincoln Continental does offer a large number of advanced safety features such as adaptive cruise control, front collision warning with pedestrian detection, and a 360-degree camera. The latter of these uses cameras located on the front grille, side mirrors, and decklid to provide the driver with one comprehensive image, which can viewed on the touchscreen system, thus making parallel parking less of a hassle.
Standard Safety Features
- Four-wheel disc anti-lock brake system
- Driver and front-passenger airbags
- Front seat side airbags
- Driver knee airbag
- Glove-box-door-integrated knee airbag
- Side-curtain airbags
- Child-safety rear door locks
- Emergency trunk release
- LATCH (Lower Anchors and Tether Anchors for CHildren)
- SOS Post-Crash Alert System
- Personal Safety System
- Individual Tire Pressure Monitoring System
- Engine-Only Traction control
- Panic brake assist
- Rear view camera
- SecuriCode keyless entry keypad
- Anti-theft perimeter alarm
- Enhanced Security Package
- Electronic parking brake