2017 Lincoln MKZ Overview
The 2017 Lincoln MKZ is midsize luxury sedan that carries a starting MSRP of $35,010. The Lincoln MKZ comes with many changes for the new model year, such as a restyled front end and more powerful engine options. In an effort to stay competitive with other luxury brands, the new Lincoln MKZ is offered in both gasoline-powered and hybrid variants, while consumers also have the choice between the standard front-wheel and available all-wheel drive systems. With all the options available for the ‘17 MKZ, its price tag can quickly rise from around $35,000 to the $60,000 range. Key competitors for the Lincoln MKZ include the Lexus ES, Acura TLX, and Audi A4.
Extreme Luxury: What do Black Label Models actually add to the Lincoln brand?
[wptab name=”What’s New”]
What’s new for the 2017 Lincoln MKZ?
Remember last year when the most powerful engine available for the Lincoln MKZ was the naturally-aspirated 3.7-liter V6 that pumped out 300 horsepower? Well, that engine is no longer available and has been replaced with a more powerful twin-turbocharged V6 that’s good for up to 400 horsepower and 400 lb-ft of torque. In addition, the front fascia has been restyled and now features a revised grille design. HID headlamps with LED signature lighting also come standard. Moreover, the dials and controls inside the MKZ have been updated and are said to be much easier to use.
2017 Lincoln MKZ Photos:
2017 Lincoln MKZ Exterior
The sleek body lines of the 2017 Lincoln MKZ give this sedan a bold and commanding presence. The front fascia now features a one-piece Lincoln signature grille and chrome trim has also been added around the lower air vents and fog lights. The rear of the vehicle is highlighted by standard LED taillights, along with an LED bar that stretches between the taillights. Standard features include dual integrated chrome exhaust tips and 18-inch premium aluminum alloy wheels. Exterior color options include Ruby Red, Black Velvet, and Ingot Silver.
2017 Lincoln MKZ Photos:
Exterior available on the 2017 Lincoln MKZ Premiere 100A
- Body-color door handles with chrome accent, Dual integrated chrome exhaust tips, Adaptive HID headlamps with LED signature lighting, Security approach lamps, Power exterior mirrors with heat and integrated turn signals, Satin Aluminum grille, LED taillamps, Lincoln Experience, Easy Fuel capless fuel filter, Acoustic laminated glass windshield, Solar tinted glass, 18-inch premium painted machined aluminum wheels with painted pockets, Mini spare tire and wheel
Exterior available on the 2017 Lincoln MKZ Premiere 400A
- Adds to or replaces features on the Premiere 100A: Tire Mobility Kit with portable compressor and tire sealant
Exterior available on the 2017 Lincoln MKZ Select 200A
- Adds to or replaces features on the Hybrid Premiere 400A: Mini spare tire and wheel, Auto-dimming driver sideview mirrors, Auto-folding side view mirrors
Exterior available on the 2017 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid Select 500A
- Adds to or replaces features on the Select 200A: Tire Mobility Kit with portable compressor and tire sealant
Exterior available on the 2017 Lincoln MKZ Reserve 300A
- Adds to or replaces features on the Hybrid Select 500A: 19-inch polished machined aluminum wheels, Mini spare tire and wheel, Power trunk lid
Exterior available on the 2017 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid Reserve 600A
- Adds to or replaces features on the Reserve 300A: Tire Mobility Kit with portable compressor and tire sealant
2017 Lincoln MKZ Performance
The 2017 Lincoln MKZ comes standard with a 2.0-liter turbocharged four-cylinder engine that’s good for 245 horsepower and 275 lb-ft of torque. However, for those people who crave the most power possible, a new twin-turbocharged V6 engine rated at 400 horsepower and 400 lb-ft of torque is available for almost all 2017 Lincoln MKZ models, with the exception being the entry-level Premiere trim. Both turbo engines work with a six-speed automatic transmission with paddle shifters. It should be noted that base model MKZ’s equipped with the turbo-four motor come standard with front-wheel drive, while V6-equipped MKZs offer all-wheel or front-wheel drive, but the V6 engine is limited to 350 horsepower when the front-wheel drive option is selected. In addition, the new Lincoln MKZ is also offered with a hybrid powertrain that provides increased fuel efficiency.
2017 Lincoln MKZ Efficiency
The 2017 Lincoln MKZ’s fuel efficiency depends on each buyer’s choice of powertrain. For the best fuel economy possible, consumers who invest in the new MKZ Hybrid will be rewarded with EPA-estimated fuel efficiency of 41 mpg in the city and 38 mpg on the highway. In contrast, efficiency for the front-wheel drive Lincoln MKZ drops to 21 mpg in the city and 31 mpg on the highway when equipped with the base four-cylinder engine. Lastly, consumers who opt for the V6 engine and all-wheel drive will see fuel economy of 17 mpg in the city and 26 mpg on the highway.
2017 Lincoln MKZ Interior
Inside the 2017 Lincoln MKZ, consumers will find standard heated seats, dual-zone climate control, and the Sync 3 infotainment system, which adds smartphone integration capabilities, as well as navigation technology. Also, while the Lincoln Premium Audio System with 11 speakers comes standard with the new MKZ, consumers have the option to upgrade to either the 14-speaker Revel Audio System or 20-speaker Revel Ultima System, which Lincoln says provides a “sound experience that brings every note to life.” So, whether you enjoy the smooth country notes of Luke Bryan or the powerful beats produced by Dr. Dre, the MKZ has audio equipment for all types of music lovers. Furthermore, the trunk of the 2017 Lincoln MKZ provides 11.1 cubic feet of cargo space.
2017 Lincoln MKZ Interior Photos:
Interior available on the 2017 Lincoln MKZ Premiere 100A
- Aluminum door trim, Aluminum steering wheel and instrument panel trim, 10-way heated front power seats with two-way power lumbar, Fold-down split rear seat with pass-through, Soft Touch seating, Driver seat memory, Leather-wrapped steering wheel with audio and cruise controls, Cabin air filtration system, Rear window defogger, Three 12V powerpoints, Manual tilt/telescoping steering column, Driver and front passenger visors with illuminated vanity mirrors, Remote trunk lid release, Power door locks, Dual-zone electronic automatic temperature control, Push-button shift, Front console with two cup holders and armrest storage bin, Active Noise Control, SYNC 3, Lincoln Premium Audio System with 11 speakers, SiriusXM Satellite Radio, Two USB ports, Audio input jack, 10.1-inch configurable LCD gauge cluster with message center, Universal garage door opener, Remote start system, Cruise control, Active noise cancellation
Interior available on the 2017 Lincoln MKZ Premiere 400A
- Adds to or replaces features on the Premiere 100A: Dual LCD SmartGauge with EcoGuide
Interior available on the 2017 Lincoln MKZ Select 200A
- Adds to or replaces features on the Hybrid Premiere 400A: 10-way heated power front seats with four-way power lumbar, Leather-trimmed seats, Genuine wood trim door accents, Genuine wood steering wheel trim, Genuine wood instrument panel trim, Ambient lighting, Power tilt/telescoping steering column with memory, 10.1-inch configurable LCD gauge cluster with message center, 110V power outlet, Two rear-seat USB charging ports
Interior available on the 2017 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid Select 500A
- Adds to or replaces features on the Select 200A: Dual LCD SmartGauge with EcoGuide
Interior available on the 2017 Lincoln MKZ Reserve 300A
- Adds to or replaces features on the Hybrid Select 500A: 10-way heated and cooled power front seats with four-way power lumbar, Perforated leather-trimmed seats, 10.1-inch configurable LCD gauge cluster with message center, Voice-activated navigation with SiriusXM Traffic and SiriusXM Travel Link, BLIS with Cross-Traffic Alert, Embedded modem
Interior available on the 2017 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid Reserve 600A
- Adds to or replaces features on the Reserve 300A: Dual LCD SmartGauge with EcoGuide
2017 Lincoln MKZ Safety
Every 2017 Lincoln MKZ comes standard with a rearview camera, traction control, and an anti-lock braking system. Also, the similarly designed 2016 Lincoln MKZ earned the best possible safety rating of five stars from the federal government. Other advanced safety technology that’s available with the new Lincoln MKZ includes adaptive cruise control and forward-collision warning with pedestrian detection and front collision braking.
Standard Safety Features
- Reverse Sensing System
- AdvanceTrac electronic stability control (ESC)
- Anti-lock Brake System (ABS)
- LATCH (Lower Anchors and Tether Anchors for Children)
- SOS Post-Crash Alert System
- Personal Safety System
- Individual Tire Pressure Monitoring System
- Traction Control
- Emergency Brake Assist
- Rear View Camera
Save More Money: Learn about the benefits of buying a Certified Pre-Own Lincoln