2018 Chevrolet Camaro Overview
The Chevrolet Camaro is bringing performance and customization to the 2018 lineup. With six trim options, four different engines, and performance up to 650 horsepower, you’re destined to be impressed by the new Camaro.
The 2018 Chevrolet Camaro is available as a coupe or convertible at six trim levels: 1LS, 1LT, 2LT, 1SS, 2SS, and ZL1.
What’s New for the 2018 Chevrolet Camaro?
The 2018 Chevrolet Camaro comes with an additional base trim level: the 1LS. With this addition, the new model comes with six trim levels, making it more customizable than ever. Its top trim level, the ZL1, comes with a new 1LE Extreme Track Package, making the 2018 Camaro an even more performance-focused vehicle than last year’s model.
2018 Chevrolet Camaro Exterior
The 2018 Camaro model is traditionally sculpted to match its previous model years, with side contouring, a raised central hood, and a true athletic stance. The Camaro comes with several available exterior features including a power sunroof, a rear stanchion spoiler, and High-Intensity Discharge (HID) headlamps.
2018 Chevrolet Camaro Exterior Photos:
Exterior available on 1LS:
- Available decklid-mounted rear lip spoiler; Outside power-adjustable mirrors, body color; Available RS Package; Available front license plate bracket; Available power sunroof; Available High-Intensity Discharge (HID) headlamps
Exterior available on 1LT:
- Same as the 1LS
Exterior available on 2LT:
- Same as the 1LT
Exterior available on 1SS:
-Adds to or replaces features on the 2LT-
- Rear stanchion spoiler; High-Intensity Discharge (HID) headlamps; Available body-color hood vents
Exterior available on 2SS:
-Adds to or replaces features on the 1SS-
- Outside heated power-adjustable mirrors with driver-side auto-dimming, body color
Exterior available on ZL1:
- Same as the 2SS
2018 Chevrolet Camaro Performance
With four different engine options, the amount of performance you want out of your 2018 Camaro is truly customizable. The base trim comes with a 2.0-liter Turbo SIDI engine, earning 275 horsepower and 295 lb-ft of torque. On the base trim, drivers can also opt for a 3.6-liter V6 DI engine, earning 335 horsepower and 284 lb-ft of torque. Beginning with the 1SS trim, the Camaro comes with a standard 6.2-liter V8 DI engine. The V8 sports 455 horsepower and 455 lb-ft of torque. At the top of the range is the ZL1, with a 6.2-liter Supercharged V8 DI engine. The Supercharged engine boasts an incredible 650 horsepower and 650 lb-ft of torque. The base trim engines are paired with a six-speed manual transmission. Beginning with the 1LT, drivers can opt for an eight-speed paddle shift automatic transmission.
2018 Chevrolet Camaro Efficiency
The 2018 Camaro’s four engine options offer three different levels of fuel efficiency:
The 2.0-liter Turbo SIDI engine and the 3.6-liter V6 DI engine earn an estimated 20/30/23 MPG City/Highway/Combined*.
The 6.2-liter V8 DI engine earns an estimated 16/25/19 MPG City/Highway/Combined*.
The 6.2-liter Supercharged V8 DI engine earns an estimated 14/20/16 MPG City/Highway/Combined*.
*Fuel economy estimates. Actual mileage may vary.
2018 Chevrolet Camaro Interior
2018 Chevrolet Camaro Interior Photos:
Interior available on 1LS:
- Interior: Cup holders; Air bag system; Rear folding bench seat; Fin-style antenna; Leather-wrapped shift knob; Front carpeted floor mats; Power door locks; Available all-weather cargo mat; Cruise control; Available RS Package; Inside rearview manual day/night mirror; Interior lighting; Dead pedal, driver; Antenna, integral rear window; Driver and front passenger visors; Six-way power-adjustable passenger seat; Power outlet(s); Eight-way power –adjustable driver seat; Available RECARO® performance front bucket seats; Available sueded microfiber-wrapped shift knob; Rear window defogger; Sueded micro-fiber wrapped steering wheel; Single-zone automatic climate control; Available cargo net; Available premium carpeted floor mats with Camaro® logo; Tilt and telescopic steering column; Leather-wrapped steering wheel; Front bucket seats
- Radio & Technology: OnStar® Basic Plan for five years; OnStar Turn-By-Turn Navigation; available Chevrolet MyLink® with eight-inch diagonal Color Touch Screen; Available Bose® premium nine-system sound system; OnStar Hands Free Calling; OnStar® Guidance Plan Limited Trial Service; Driver Information Center; Compass display; Chevrolet MyLink® with seven-inch diagonal Color Touch Screen; OnStar Remote Door Unlock; Six-speaker sound system; Available Technology Package; Rear vision camera; SiriusXM® Satellite Radio
Interior available on 1LT:
-Adds to or replaces features on the 1LS-
- Radio & Technology: Remote start
Interior available on 2LT:
-Adds to or replaces features on the 1LT-
- Interior: Available sill plates; Ventilated driver and front passenger seats; Available Adrenaline Red Interior Accent Trim Package; Dual-zone automatic climate control; Available RECARO® performance front bucket seats; Available heated steering wheel; Available Convenience and Lighting Package; Available interior spectrum lighting; Illuminated visor vanity mirrors; Available sueded microfiber-wrapped steering wheel; Inside rearview auto-dimming mirror; Available Ceramic White Interior Accent Trim Package; Available sueded microfiber-wrapped shift knob; Heated driver and front passenger seats; Available memory settings
- Radio & Technology: Available remote start; Available Rear Park Assist; Available wireless charging; Chevrolet MyLink® with eight-inch diagonal Color Touch Screen; Available Head-Up Display; Available Chevrolet MyLink® with eight-inch diagonal Color Touch Screen and Navigation; Available Rear Cross Traffic Alert; Bose® premium nine-system sound system;; Available Lane Change Alert with Side Blind Zone Alert; Universal Home Remote
Interior available on 1SS:
- Same as the 2LT
Interior available on 2SS:
-Adds to or replaces features on the 1SS-
- Interior: Sill plates; Heated steering wheel
- Radio & Technology: Head-Up Display; Memory settings; Rear Park Assist; Wireless charging
Interior available on ZL1:
-Adds to or replaces features on the 2SS-
- Interior: Magnetic Ride Control™; RECARO® performance front bucket seats; Sueded microfiber-wrapped steering wheel; Sueded microfiber-wrapped shift knob
2018 Chevrolet Camaro Safety
With such high levels of performance comes a demand for intense safety features. To keep you safe on the road and the track, the 2018 Camaro comes with a StabiliTrak electronic stability system, daytime LED running lamps, and plenty of OnStar features.
Standard Safety Features
- OnStar Emergency Services
- Teen Driver
- OnStar Remote Ignition Block
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System
- OnStar Basic Plan for five years
- OnStar Hands Free Calling
- OnStar Guidance Plan Limited Trial Service
- Trunk emergency release handle
- OnStar Stolen Vehicle Assistance
- OnStar Vehicle Diagnostics
- StabiliTrak® electronic stability control system
- Safety belts, 3-point, all seating positions
- Rear vision camera
- OnStar Automatic Crash Response
- OnStar Low Mileage Discount
- Air bag system
- OnStar Remote Horn and Lights
- OnStar Roadside Assistance
- Electronic parking brake
- LATCH System
- OnStar Remote Door Unlock
- OnStar Crisis Alert
- OnStar Turn-by-Turn Navigation
- Daytime Running Lamps, LED