2018 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 Overview
The Camaro has become a staple in Chevrolet’s lineup and the Camaro ZL1 adds even more edge to the nameplate. With two body configurations and a 650-horsepower engine, there’s no stopping the power behind the wheel of the 2018 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1.
The 2018 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 is available as a coupe or a convertible.
Model Showroom: Check out the 2017 Chevrolet Camaros and Corvettes
[wptab name=”What’s New”]
What’s New for the 2018 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1?
The majority of features on the 2018 Camaro ZL1 have been carried over from last year’s model. However, the ZL1 now offers a 1LE Extreme Track package, which includes a carbon rear fiber wing, an adjustable front end, and lighter wheels and dampers for added speed.
2018 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 Photos:
2018 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 Exterior
If you know anything about performance cars, you’ll be able to spot the Camaro ZL1 from a mile away. The 2018 model matches the classic Camaro stance: athletic, tough, and built with a need for speed. The ZL1 comes with a carbon fiber rear wing, air deflectors, and an aggressive front grille.
2018 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 Exterior Photos:
Exterior features available on the 2018 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
- Available power sunroof (coupe), Heated and power-adjustable driver side auto-dimming body-color outside mirrors, Goodyear Eagle F1 SuperCar G:2 285/30R20 front and 305/30R20 rear tires, 20-inch Dark Graphite premium paint forged aluminum wheels, Available gray premium outdoor all-weather vehicle cover, HID headlamps with LED signature, Available Black Metallic center stripe
2018 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 Performance
Power under the hood is a given with the Chevrolet Camaro, but the Camaro ZL1 steps up the performance game. Its 6.2-liter Supercharged V8 direct-injection engine can be paired to a six-speed manual or eight-speed paddle shift automatic transmission. Overall, the powertrain produces a whopping 650 horsepower and 650 lb-ft of torque, leaving its competition in the dust.
2018 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 Efficiency
Since the Camaro ZL1 is considered a high-performance vehicle, efficiency isn’t necessarily its strong suit. However, that doesn’t mean it doesn’t hold its own in the segment. The 2018 Camaro ZL1 earns an estimated 14 mpg in the city, 20 mpg on the highway, and 16 mpg combined.
2018 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 Interior
While the Camaro ZL1 is designed for the race track and high speeds, its interior is surprisingly comfortable. Its singular trim level offers heated and ventilated front seats, a heated steering wheel, dual-zone automatic climate control, and eight- and six-way adjustable driver and passenger seats, respectively. Technology is also integrated into the cabin with a Bose audio system and a Head-Up display.
2018 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 Interior Photos:
Interior features available on the 2018 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
- Interior: Tilt and telescopic steering column, Six-way power-adjustable passenger seat, Sueded microfiber-wrapped steering wheel and shift knob, Rear-window electric defogger, Dual-zone automatic climate control air conditioning, Magnetic Ride Control, Eight-way power-adjustable driver seat, Heated and ventilated driver and front passenger seats, RECARO performance front bucket seats, Illuminated sill plates, Inside auto-dimming rearview mirror, Heated steering wheel, Cargo nets
- Radio and Technology: Head-Up Display, Memory settings, SiriusXM Satellite Radio, Power outlet, Wireless charging, Available remote start, Bose audio system, 8-inch diagonal color touchscreen with available Navigation feature, Chevrolet MyLink, Interior spectrum lighting, Universal Home Remote
2018 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 Safety
With high performance comes higher risk, which means the Camaro ZL1 has to step up its game in terms of safety features. The 2018 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 comes standard with a StabiliTrak stability control system with brake assist, making handling at high speeds easier than ever. The vehicle also comes with driver-assist features like Rear Cross Traffic Alert, Lane Change Alert with Side Blind Zone Alert, and Rear Park Assist.
Standard Safety Features on the 2018 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
- Rear Park Assist
- Trunk emergency release handle
- Rear Cross Traffic Alert
- Electronic Parking Brake
- LATCH system for child safety seats
- Teen Driver mode
- OnStar Guidance Plan trial
- Dual-stage frontal air bags
- LED daytime running lamps
- OnStar Basic Plan for five years
- Lane Change Alert with Side Blind Zone Alert
- StabiliTrak stability control system with brake assist
- Side-impact and knee air bags
- Rear Vision Camera
Technology Spotlight: 2018 Chevrolet Equinox
The News Wheel is a digital auto magazine providing readers with a fresh perspective on the latest car news. We’re located in the heart of America (Dayton, Ohio) and our goal is to deliver an entertaining and informative perspective on what’s trending in the automotive world. See more articles from The News Wheel.