2018 Chevrolet Malibu Overview
As the old saying goes: if it isn’t broken, don’t fix it. Chevrolet took this philosophy to heart when introducing the 2018 Malibu.
The Malibu recently underwent a major overhaul back in 2016, so Chevrolet didn’t change too much for the mid-size sedan between model years. Still, that just means the features and capabilities of the previous year’s Malibu that drivers found themselves so enamored with make their triumphant return untampered with, a wise decision for Chevy.
What’s New for the 2018 Chevrolet Malibu?
Because the Malibu was completely redesigned a couple of years ago, the 2018 model year doesn’t bring all that many changes. However, the L, LS, and LT trims do receive both a larger fuel tank and an available Redline Edition package option.
The 2018 Chevrolet Malibu is available in five trim levels: L, LS, LT, Hybrid, and Premier.
2018 Chevrolet Malibu Photos:
2018 Chevrolet Malibu Exterior
A recently-renovated design supplies the Malibu with a sleek and stylish aesthetic. Of course, it’s features like automatic on/off headlamps that make the Malibu’s design a true example of exterior excellence.
2018 Chevrolet Malibu Exterior Photos:
Exterior features available on the 2018 Chevrolet Malibu L:
- Automatic on/off headlamp control, 16-inch P205/65R all-season blackwall tires, 16-inch steel wheels with covers, Halogen headlamps, Daytime Running Lamps, Power-adjustable manual-folding black side mirrors
Additional exterior features available on the 2018 Chevrolet Malibu LS:
- 16-inch aluminum wheels
Additional exterior features available on the 2018 Chevrolet Malibu LT:
- 17-inch aluminum wheels, LED Daytime Running Lamps, Heated power-adjustable body-color manual-folding side mirrors
Additional exterior features available on the 2018 Chevrolet Malibu Hybrid:
- 17-inch all-season P225/55R blackwall tires
Additional exterior features available on the 2018 Chevrolet Malibu Premier:
- 18-inch aluminum wheels, 18-inch 245/45R all-season blackwall tires
2018 Chevrolet Malibu Performance
At its most basic, the 2018 Chevrolet Malibu comes equipped with Chevrolet’s 1.5-liter turbocharged DOHC four-cylinder engine, capable of producing 160 horsepower and 184 lb-ft of torque. Upgrading to the Premier model supplies drivers with an additional boost in power, courtesy of the model’s 2.0-liter turbocharged DOHC four-cylinder engine option.
2018 Chevrolet Malibu Efficiency
Right off the bat, the 2018 Chevrolet Malibu is one of the most efficient vehicles in the mid-size segment. Its base powertrain achieves a fuel rating of 27/36/30 mpg city/highway/combined.
Nevertheless, drivers who upgrade to the Hybrid model will achieve an unmatched amount of efficiency. The hybrid technology of the Malibu helps this particular model secure a fuel score of 49/43 mpg city/highway.
2018 Chevrolet Malibu Interior
The base 2018 Chevrolet Malibu L comes equipped with most of the bare necessities. These include an electronic cruise control and six-speaker audio system.
However, moving up to the Malibu’s more expensive trims, drivers will receive amenities like heated front seats for comfort and a rearview camera for convenience.
2018 Chevrolet Malibu Interior Photos:
Interior features available on the 2018 Chevrolet Malibu L:
- Comfort and Seating: Carpeted front floor mats, Single-zone manual air conditioning, Front bucket seats, Electronic cruise control, Power windows with Express-Down
- Technology: Six-speaker audio system, AM/FM stereo
Additional interior features available on the 2018 Chevrolet Malibu LS:
- Comfort and Seating: Compass display
- Technology: Rearview camera, Teen Driver, Chevrolet MyLink® Radio with 7-inch color touchscreen, OnStar® 4G LTE with built-in Wi-Fi® hotspot, AM/FM stereo with seek-and-scan and digital clock
Additional interior features available on the 2018 Chevrolet Malibu LT:
- Comfort and Seating: Available Dual USB charging-only ports, Driver Express-Up/Down power window
- Technology: Available Bose® premium nine-speaker audio system, SiriusXM® Satellite Radio
Additional interior features available on the 2018 Chevrolet Malibu Hybrid:
- Comfort and Seating: Dual-zone automatic climate control
Additional interior features available on the 2018 Chevrolet Malibu Premier:
- Comfort and Seating: Heated driver and front passenger seats, Heated steering wheel, Leather-wrapped shift knob, Leather-wrapped steering wheel, Color display Driver Information Center, 120-volt power outlet
- Technology: Chevrolet MyLink® Radio with Navigation and 8-inch color touchscreen, Bose premium nine-speaker audio system, Dual USB charging-only ports, Remote vehicle starter system
2018 Chevrolet Malibu Safety
Declared a Top Safety Pick by the IIHS, the Chevrolet Malibu has plenty of useful features and functions when it comes to keeping passengers safe. A rear seat reminder ensures that nobody is left behind, while the StabiliTrak® electronic stability control system with brake assist helps keep the driver in control of even the most chaotic situations.
Some of the standard safety features for the 2018 Chevrolet Malibu include
- 10 airbags system
- LATCH system (Lower Anchors and Tethers for Children)
- Rear child security door locks
- StabiliTrak® electronic stability control system with brake assist
- Manual release safety trunk latch
- OnStar® Guidance Plan for three months
- OnStar Automatic Crash Response
- Rear seat reminder