2018 Chevrolet Trax Overview
The Chevrolet Trax is the brand’s subcompact SUV offering which caters to young couples and small families who crave a concise vehicle with space, functionality, and safety. Equipped with the latest technology perks, it’s no wonder that many drivers value this affordable ride.
The 2018 Chevrolet Trax is available in three trim levels: LS, LT, and Premier. Each version comes in either FWD or AWD, depending on your preference.
Good Things Come to Those Who Wait: Chevy’s medium-duty trucks will debut in 2019
What’s New for the 2018 Chevrolet Trax?
The 2018 Chevrolet Trax carries over largely unchanged from the previous model year. But with such a crowd-pleasing subcompact SUV, who’s complaining?
2018 Chevrolet Trax Photos:
2018 Chevrolet Trax Exterior
This new Chevrolet Trax is as sporty or as dramatic as you want it to be. Select the Redline Edition package for extra flair; available on the LT trim, it boasts 17-inch black finish aluminum wheels with red stripes contrasted by black mirror caps and beltline moldings.
The 2018 Trax is available in eight exterior colors: Storm Blue Metallic, Red Hot, Nightfall Gray Metallic, Sandy Ridge Metallic, Silver Ice Metallic, Summit White, Mosaic Black Metallic, and Cajun Red Tintcoat.
2018 Chevrolet Trax Exterior Photos:
Exterior features available on the 2018 Chevrolet Trax LS
- Sculpted tail lamps, Body-color door handles and power-adjustable manual-folding exterior mirrors, Halogen reflector headlamps
Exterior features available on the 2018 Chevrolet Trax LT
-Adds to or replaces features on LS-
- Available Redline Edition package, LED tail lamps, Roof-mounted side rails, Heated body-color power-adjustable body-color manual-folding mirrors
Exterior features available on the 2018 Chevrolet Trax Premier
-Adds to or replaces features on LT-
- Power sunroof, Fog lamps, Body-color door handles with chrome strip, Chrome liftgate applique
2018 Chevrolet Trax Performance
The new Chevrolet Trax is rigged with a 1.4-liter ECOTEC® Turbo engine pairs with a six-speed automatic. Built for moderate thrills, this bad boy churns out 138 horsepower and 148 lb-ft of torque. Not the most potent performer, but its surprisingly responsive handling helps balance out this minor deficiency.
2018 Chevrolet Trax Efficiency
A major draw of the subcompact SUV class is its eco-friendly efficiency. The 2018 Trax will keep your gas costs low, due to its EPA-estimated mileage of 25 mpg in the city and 33 mpg on the highway.
2018 Chevrolet Trax Interior
The Chevrolet Trax’s interior is the perfect home-away-from-home. Contemporary perks include the Chevrolet MyLink® audio system with seven-inch color touchscreen , as well as Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, and Bluetooth. Select the available Bose premium seven-speaker sound system for a lavish audio experience that will make any road trip seem shorter.
2018 Chevrolet Trax Interior Photos:
Interior features available on the 2018 Chevrolet Trax LS
- Interior: Rear-window defogger, Rear cargo area covered storage, Air filtration system
- Radio and Technology: Chevrolet MyLink® infotainment system, Remote Keyless Entry, OnStar® with 4G LTE with an available built-in Wi-Fi hotspot
Interior features available on the 2018 Chevrolet Trax LT
-Adds to or replaces features on LS-
- Interior: Front passenger underseat storage, 110V power outlet, Cruise control
- Radio and Technology: SiriusXM Satellite Radio three-month subscription, Remote start
Interior features available on the 2018 Chevrolet Trax Premier
-Adds to or replaces features on 2LT-
- Interior: Leatherette seat trim, Six-way power-adjustable driver seat, Heated front seats, Three-spoke leather-wrapped steering wheel
- Radio and Technology: Driver Confidence II Package with Forward Collision Alert and Lane Departure Warning, Rear Park Assist, Bose premium seven-speaker sound system
2018 Chevrolet Trax Safety
The Trax’s safety features prove a substantial shield from roadside hazards. Families will appreciate the rear child security door locks as well as the LATCH system which makes it easier to transport young ones. Chevy’s OnStar® technology adds extra assistance and convenience, demonstrating the brand‘s commitment on providing a safe, pleasant experience for both driver and passengers.
Standard Safety Features on the 2018 Chevrolet Trax
- LATCH system
- Rear child security door locks
- Dual safety belt pretensioners
- OnStar® Basic plan for 5 years
- OnStar® Guidance plan
- Ten standard air bags
- Daytime running lamps
- Three-point rear outboard safety belts
- Knee protector, driver and front passenger
- Passenger sensing system
- Rear vision camera
- Tire pressure monitor system
Appealing Accessories: Gift ideas for refreshing your Chevy this holiday