2018 Chevrolet Corvette Grand Sport Overview
This year, the Corvette is celebrating its 65th birthday. The anniversary edition is as dazzling and stylish as ever, bringing a new, carbon interior and exterior to a classic Corvette frame.
The 2018 Chevrolet Corvette Grand Sport is available at three trim levels: 1LT, 2LT, and 3LT. Each trim is available in a coupe or convertible.
Model Showroom: 2017 Chevrolet Vehicles
[wptab name=”What’s New”]
What’s new for the 2018 Chevrolet Corvette Grand Sport?
For the 2018 model year, the Corvette is celebrating its 65th birthday. To honor its legacy, Chevrolet has come out with the Carbon 65 Edition, available on the 3LT. The Carbon 65 Edition is going to be rare to come by, with only 650 vehicles being produced across all Corvette models. The Carbon 65 Edition will come standard with a carbon fiber spoiler and a carbon-fiber rimmed steering wheel to match its name.
2018 Chevrolet Corvette Grand Sport Photos:
2018 Chevrolet Corvette Grand Sport Exterior
Sculpted like a true Corvette, the 2018 Grand Sport is stunning on both the track and the open road. The Grand Sport differentiates its exterior from the other Corvette models with a Grand Sport cup wheel design. This design includes 19 x 10-inch front wheels and 20 x 12-inch rear wheels; plus, drivers can choose between five different wheel finishes to make the vehicle their own.
2018 Chevrolet Corvette Grand Sport Exterior Photos:
Exterior available on the 2018 Chevrolet Corvette Grand Sport 1LT
- Heated power-adjustable side mirrors, Michelin® Pilot® Super Sport P285/30ZR19 front and P335/25ZR20 rear performance tires, Chrome Badge Package, 19-inch front/20-inch rear Pearl Nickel-painted aluminum Grand Sport wheels, Solar-Ray® light-tinted glass, Body-color carbon fiber roof panel, High-Intensity Discharge (HID) headlamps
Exterior available on the 2018 Chevrolet Corvette Grand Sport 2LT
-Adds to or replaces features on 1LT-
- Heated power-adjustable side mirrors with driver-side auto-dimming
Exterior available on the 2018 Chevrolet Corvette Grand Sport 3LT
- Features are the same as the 2LT
2018 Chevrolet Corvette Grand Sport Performance
In true Corvette fashion, the 2018 Grand Sport’s performance level does not disappoint. This year’s Grand Sport is equipped with a 6.2-liter V8 engine. Drivers have two transmission options: a seven-speed manual transmission or an eight-speed paddleshift transmission with automatic modes. When properly equipped, the model earns 460 horsepower and 464 lb-ft of torque. Rear-wheel drive (RWD) comes standard on all trim levels.
2018 Chevrolet Corvette Grand Sport Efficiency
As with any high-level performance vehicle, efficiency isn’t on quite the same level as a hybrid. However, the Grand Sport holds its own in its segment. Across all trim levels, the 2018 Grand Sport earns up to 16/25/19 MPG City/Highway/Combined.*
*EPA mileage estimate. Actual mileage may vary.
2018 Chevrolet Corvette Grand Sport Interior
The 2018 Grand Sport’s interior matches its exterior in terms of style. The Grand Sport comes standard with GT bucket seats and keyless open and start. If you decide to upgrade, the 3LT comes standard with heated and ventilated front and driver passenger seats, as well as a custom leather-wrapped interior package.
2018 Chevrolet Corvette Grand Sport Interior Photos:
Interior available on the 2018 Chevrolet Corvette Grand Sport 1LT
- Interior: Rear window defogger, Steering wheel controls, Dual-zone automatic climate control with air filtration system, GT bucket seats, Keyless open and start, Integral hidden antenna, Power tilt/telescopic steering column, Eight-way power-adjustable driver and passenger seats
- Radio & Technology: Oil-life monitoring system, Bose® premium nine-speaker audio system, SiriusXM® Satellite Radio, Cruise control, Chevrolet MyLink® with 8-inch color touch screen, OnStar® 4G LTE and built-in Wi-Fi® hotspot
Interior available on the 2018 Chevrolet Corvette Grand Sport 2LT
-Adds to or replaces features on 1LT-
- Interior: Auto-dimming rearview mirror, Memory settings, Cargo net, Removable luggage shade, Power-adjustable bolster and lumbar seat controls for driver and passenger, Heated and ventilated driver and front passenger seats
- Radio & Technology: Universal home remote, Curb view cameras, Theft-deterrent system with dedicated power source, Head-Up Display, Bose® advanced 10-speaker audio system
Interior available on the 2018 Chevrolet Corvette Grand Sport 3LT
-Adds to or replaces features on 2LT-
- Interior: Custom leather-wrapped interior package
- Radio & Technology: Chevrolet MyLink® with 8-inch color touch screen and navigation, Performance data recorder and video recorder
2018 Chevrolet Corvette Grand Sport Safety
With a high-performance sports car, drivers need even higher levels of protection behind the wheel. The 2018 Grand Sport comes with electronic traction control and active handling stability control to help drivers maintain physical control over the vehicle at high speeds. In the event of an accident or other problems, the Grand Sport comes with OnStar Basic Plan for five years and an airbag system.
Standard Safety Features:
- Electronic traction control
- OnStarBasic Plan for five years
- Performance Traction Management
- OnStar® Guidance Plan Limited Trial Service
- Active handling stability control
- Four-wheel anti-lock disc braking system
- Rearview camera
- Front airbags and seat-mounted side-impact airbags
Used vs. Certified Pre-Owned: What’s the Difference?
The News Wheel is a digital auto magazine providing readers with a fresh perspective on the latest car news. We’re located in the heart of America (Dayton, Ohio) and our goal is to deliver an entertaining and informative perspective on what’s trending in the automotive world. See more articles from The News Wheel.