2018 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Overview
In true Corvette fashion, the 2018 Corvette Z06 is rolling onto the open road with a new 65th anniversary edition. The Carbon 65 Edition will have an extremely limited run with only 650 vehicles coming off the line.
The 2018 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 is available at three trim levels: 1LZ, 2LZ, and 3LZ. Each trim is available as a coupe or convertible.
[wptab name=”What’s New”]
What’s new for the 2018 Chevrolet Corvette Z06?
The new Carbon 65 Edition is being debuted for the 2018 model year. The edition is exclusive to this year’s lineup, with only 650 vehicles being made to celebrate the Corvette’s 65th year. In addition to the special edition model, the 2018 Z06 comes with two new wheel options for its drivers: Black Z06 wheels with a yellow stripe or Pearl Nickel-Blade-design wheels. Some of the Z06’s existing features have been improved for this year’s model, including the rear view camera image.
2018 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Photos:
2018 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Exterior
For the 2018 model year, the Z06 is changing up the exterior color palette. Instead of the traditional Sterling Blue exterior trim color, the 2018 Z06 comes with a Ceramic Matrix Gray. The Z06 is also available with a Spice Red convertible top and two new wheel options.
2018 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Exterior Photos:
Exterior available on the 2018 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 1LZ
- Solar-Ray® light-tinted glass; 19-inch front/20-inch rear Pearl Nickel-painted aluminum Z06® wheels with summer-only tires; Carbon Flash Badge Package; Michelin® Pilot® Super Sport P285/30ZR19 front and P335/25ZR20 rear performance, run-flat, summer-only tires; High-Intensity Discharge (HID) headlamps
Exterior available on the 2018 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2LZ and 3LZ
-Adds to or replaces features on 1LZ-
- Outside heated power-adjustable body-color mirrors with driver-side auto-dimming
2018 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Performance
The Corvette is known for its performance on and off the track. With a 6.2-liter Supercharged V8 direct injection engine, the 2018 Z06 does not disappoint. The V8 engine is paired with a seven-speed manual transmission with Active Rev Matching. Combined, the engine and transmission earn the Z06 a hefty 650 horsepower and 650 lb-ft of torque.
2018 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Efficiency
The Corvette Z06’s intense performance does sacrifice some of its efficiency. Equipped with rear-wheel drive, the Z06 earns an estimated 15/22 MPG City/Highway.*
*EPA mileage estimate. Actual mileage may vary.
2018 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Interior
The 2018 Corvette Z06 comes standard with luxury features like a leather-wrapped steering wheel with controls, GT bucket seats, and a Bose® premium nine-speaker audio system. At upgraded trim levels, drivers can enjoy a Chevrolet MyLink® system with an 8-inch diagonal color touchscreen and Navigation system.
2018 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Interior Photos:
Interior available on the 2018 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 1LZ
- Interior: GT bucket seats, Leather-wrapped steering wheel, Illuminated visor vanity mirrors, Eight-way power-adjustable driver and passenger eats, Dual-zone automatic climate control, Steering wheel controls, Power tilt and telescopic steering column
- Radio & Technology: Chevrolet MyLink® with 8-inch diagonal color touch screen, Bose® premium nine-speaker audio system, SiriusXM® Satellite Radio, Keyless Open and Start, OnStar® 4G LTE and built-in Wi-Fi® hotspot, Oil-life monitoring system
Interior available on the 2018 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2LZ
-Adds to or replaces features on 1LZ-
- Interior: Interior rearview auto-dimming mirror, Cargo net, Heated and ventilated driver and front passenger seats, Power-adjustable side bolster and lumbar seat controls for driver and passenger
- Radio & Technology: Theft-deterrent system with dedicated power source, Memory settings, Universal home remote, Curb view cameras, Bose® advanced 10-speaker audio system
Interior available on the 2018 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 3LZ
-Adds to or replaces features on 2LZ-
- Interior: Custom leather-wrapped interior package, Sueded microfiber-wrapped upper interior trim package
- Radio & Technology: Chevrolet MyLink® with 8-inch diagonal color touch screen and Navigation, Performance data recorder and video recorder
2018 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Safety
Chevrolet is dedicated to keeping its drivers safe at the Z06’s high speeds. With Electronic Traction Control and Performance Traction Management, drivers are able to have a better grip on the road and, therefore, more control over the vehicle itself. The Z06 also comes with a rear vision camera.
Standard Safety Features:
- Rear vision camera
- OnStar® Basic Plan for five years
- Electronic Traction Control
- Active handling stability control
- Air bag system
- Performance Traction Management
- OnStar® Guidance Plan Limited Trial Service
The News Wheel is a digital auto magazine providing readers with a fresh perspective on the latest car news. We’re located in the heart of America (Dayton, Ohio) and our goal is to deliver an entertaining and informative perspective on what’s trending in the automotive world. See more articles from The News Wheel.