2018 Dodge Durango Overview
The Dodge Durango has long been considered an impressive performance SUV. With the current iteration of the Durango having been introduced back in 2011, the SUV was long due for a refresh of sorts, and the Durango receives just that for the 2018 model year. Thanks to a brand-new SRT trim configuration, the 2018 Dodge Durango has earned the distinction of being the country’s fastest and most powerful three-row SUV.
More About the Durango: 2018 Dodge Durango
What’s New for the 2018 Dodge Durango?
The largest change the Durango receives for the 2018 model year is a brand-new, powerful SRT trim level. The 2018 Dodge Durango also comes equipped with a new lineup of standard features, including a 7-inch touch-screen multimedia system.
The 2018 Dodge Durango is available at seven trim levels: SXT, SXT Plus, GT, Citadel, R/T, Citadel Anodized Platinum, and SRT.
2018 Dodge Durango Photos:
2018 Dodge Durango Exterior
The overall exterior design of the Dodge Durango has remained rather unchanged for quite a few years now. However, the new SRT trim levels adds a few new design elements for the 2018 model year, such as Pirelli tires and a performance hood and front fascia.
2018 Dodge Durango Exterior Photos:
Exterior features available on the 2018 Dodge Durango SXT:
- Body-color door handles, Capless fuel fill, Compact spare wheel, Rear window wiper and washer, Projector fog lamps, Acoustic windshield, Automatic headlamps, Variable intermittent windshield wipers, Accent color shark fin antenna, Sill molding, Bright/accent color grille, LED tail lamps with red accents, Halogen headlamps, Body-color power heated exterior mirrors with manual fold-away, Power locking fuel filler door, Body-color/accent color front and rear fascia
Additional exterior features available on the 2018 Dodge Durango SXT Plus:
- Integrated roof rail crossbars, Bright side roof rails
Additional exterior features available on the 2018 Dodge Durango GT:
- Body-color wheel lip and sill molding; Body-color shark fin antenna; Power liftgate; Body-color, heated, auto-dimming exterior mirrors with memory and integrated turn signals; Body-color front and rear fascia
Additional exterior features available on the 2018 Dodge Durango Citadel:
- Bright door handles and premium grille; Rain-sensing windshield wipers; Chrome, heated, auto-dimming exterior mirrors with memory and integrated turn signals; Automatic headlamp leveling system; Low beam HID headlamps
Additional exterior features available on the 2018 Dodge Durango R/T:
- Body-color grille with accents, Performance front fascia, Premium LED fog lamps, Steel spare wheel
Additional exterior features available on the 2018 Dodge Durango Citadel Anodized Platinum:
- Compact spare wheel, Platinum grille with platinum texture, Bright and body-color rear fascia, Platinum badging, Platinum front and rear lower fascia, Black roof rails
Additional exterior features available on the 2018 Dodge Durango SRT
- Performance hood and front fascia, Pirelli brand tires, Body-color upper and lower rear fascia
2018 Dodge Durango Performance
Prior to the introduction of the SRT trim, the Dodge Durango was already an impressive model when it came to on-road performance. Its standard 3.6-liter V6 engine helps it to produce 293 horsepower and 260 lb-ft of torque.
The Durango SRT’s 6.4-liter HEMI V8 improves upon that standard performance with even more power. With 475 horsepower and 470 lb-ft of torque, the 2018 Dodge Durango SRT is America’s most powerful three-row SUV.
2018 Dodge Durango Efficiency
The Durango’s emphasis on performance costs it a few points when it comes to efficiency. Even at its most efficient, the 2018 Dodge Durango is limited to 19 mpg in the city and 26 mpg on the highway.
2018 Dodge Durango Interior
You may be surprised to find just how luxurious the 2018 Dodge Durango’s interior cabin can be. Standard features include a perforated leather-wrapped steering wheel and Anodized Gun Metal interior accents, while upper trim levels include leather-trimmed bucket seats and a power sunroof.
The technology featured throughout the Durango is also rather impressive. The Durango’s new standard Uconnect 4 system comes complete with a 7-inch display. Of course, that infotainment arrangement can be swapped out for an available 8.4-inch touch-screen configuration.
2018 Dodge Durango Interior Photos:
Interior features available on the 2018 Dodge Durango SXT:
- Comfort and Seating: Perforated leather-wrapped steering wheel, 140-MPH primary speedometer, Second-row 60/40 folding seat, Power front windows with one-touch up and down feature, Front and rear interior LED lamps, Cloth low-back bucket seats, Covered cargo storage, Air conditioning with three-zone automatic temperature control, Anodized Gun Metal interior accents, Front-passenger fold-flat seat, USB host flip, Overhead console, Full-length floor console, Illuminated cup holders, Steering wheel-mounted audio controls, Auto-dimming rear view mirror, Premium insulation group, GPS antenna input, Cargo trim panel with storage net, Rear window defroster, Cargo tie-down loops, Glove box lamp
- Technology: Premium instrument cluster with tachometer, Uconnect 4 with 7-inch display, Media hub with two USB ports and an auxiliary port, Six speakers, 7-inch touchscreen display, Integrated Voice Command with Bluetooth, 12-volt auxiliary front and rear power outlets, Apple CarPlay and Google Android Auto capabilities
Additional interior features available on the 2018 Dodge Durango SXT Plus:
- Comfort and Seating: Manual passenger seat, Third-row seating, Second-row 60/40 fold and tumble seat, Eight-way power driver’s seat with four-way driver lumbar adjust
- Technology: SiriusXM Satellite Radio with one-year radio subscription
Additional interior features available on the 2018 Dodge Durango GT:
- Comfort and Seating: Heated front and second-row seats, Third-row remote headrest fold down, Six-way passenger seat, Premium door trim panel, Bright cargo area and front door sill scuff pads, Third-row bench-seat floor mats, Power eight-way driver’s seat with memory, Black seats with black stitching
- Technology: Universal Garage Door Opener
Additional interior features available on the 2018 Dodge Durango Citadel:
- Comfort and Seating: Driver and passenger power four-way lumbar adjust, Anodized Gun Metal interior accents, Luxury leather-trimmed bucket seats, Heated steering wheel, Power sunroof, Ventilated front seats, Eight-way passenger seat, Floor console with leather armrest
- Technology: SiriusXM Traffic Plus, 8.4-inch touchscreen display, SiriusXM Traffic Service with five-year subscription, SiriusXM Guardian Service with one-year subscription, 115-volt auxiliary power outlet, HD Radio, 506-watt amplifier, 12-volt auxiliary front and rear power outlets, GPS navigation, Dual remote USB ports for charge only, Nine amplified speakers with subwoofer, Uconnect 4C with 8.4-inch display, SiriusXM Travel Link Service with five-year subscription
Additional interior features available on the 2018 Dodge Durango R/T:
- Comfort and Seating: Accent stitching
- Technology: Beats Premium Audio System
Additional interior features available on the 2018 Dodge Durango Citadel Anodized Platinum:
- Comfort and Seating: Leather-trimmed bucket seats, Anodized Platinum Appearance Package, Second-row seat-mounted inboard armrests
Additional interior features available on the 2018 Dodge Durango SRT:
- Comfort and Seating: Third-row mini-console floor mat, Leather-wrapped shift knob, 180-MPH primary speedometer, Black velour floor mats with SRT® logo, Premium SRT® door trim panel with ambient lighting
2018 Dodge Durango Safety
The latest Dodge Durango model reinforces its emphasis on safety with a suite of comprehensive safety features, including a ParkView rear back up camera and Hill Start Assist.
Standard safety features for the 2018 Dodge Durango include:
- Advanced multi-stage front airbags
- Electronic Stability Control
- Traction Control
- Enhanced Accident Response System
- Illuminated entry
- Temperature and compass gauges
- Drive inflatable knee-bolster airbag
- Tire Pressure Monitoring Display
- LATCH ready child seat anchor system
- Sentry Key theft deterrent system
- Remote keyless entry
- Supplemental side-curtain airbags in all rows
- ParkView rear back up camera
- Dual note electric horns
- Supplemental front seat-mounted side airbags
- Keyless Go
- Front passenger seat belt alert
- Trailer Sway Damping
- Hill Start Assist
- Electronic vehicle information center
What’s Your Vehicle Worth?: Value a trade